The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt (/showthread.php?tid=7263037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Alliecat - 06-17-2020

(06-17-2020, 01:21 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Who is the darker skinned one at 8 o’clock? I don’t think I’ve seen her before.
That's Crystal Moana Kalikimaka SugarPlum, who arrived in time for Christmas 2015. She's been around here on the forum... She is still the only mini Connie Bees/Yummy Sweets Dolls has ever made, and my only custom girl smile

Travelling all over Australia sounds fabulous. Someplace I've always wanted to see, but never got there (yet??) smile

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Lejays17 - 06-17-2020

(06-17-2020, 01:46 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 01:21 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Who is the darker skinned one at 8 o’clock?  I don’t think I’ve seen her before.
That's Crystal Moana Kalikimaka SugarPlum, who arrived in time for Christmas 2015.  She's been around here...  She is still the only mini Connie Bees/Yummy Sweets Dolls has ever made, and my only custom girl smile

Travelling all over Australia sounds fabulous.  Someplace I've always wanted to see, but never got there (yet??)  smile

Ah, she’s so cute - well they all are, but you don’t see a whole lot of dark skinned ones.  I’ve seen Yummy Sweets customs and you’re lucky to have one.

I might try to work out where I’ve travelled in Australia this week - it’s got me interested in whether I’m exaggerating about how much I’ve seen.  I have been to every state & territory, Tasmania in the last 15 years or so was the last one I needed.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Elfy - 06-17-2020

We got close to the pointy end of Queensland when we went to Port Douglas.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 06-17-2020

Wonderful 13, Alliecat, and congrats on completing all 'regular' prompts!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - dargosmydaddy - 06-26-2020

I've fallen hopelessly behind, but...

2) Something school...

Yuri and I are glad (and exhausted) now that school finally ended last week. Time for a relaxing summer... I'm trying not to think of what September might bring!

[Image: 50044035671_ed0f6ff1dc_z.jpg]Yuri22 by tisue999, on Flickr

21) The number thirteen

I tried...

[Image: 50044035826_238054b410_z.jpg]13Taes by tisue999, on Flickr

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - davidd - 06-26-2020

Oh! The "13" made with thirteen guys is awesomely fun!

Wordly Wise.... those bring back memories of my teaching days! Which... is suddenly helping me appreciate my own Endless Summer vacation all the more!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Alliecat - 06-26-2020

Ha ha ha… I like the “13” one too... made me laugh.
I’m a bit worried about September also… Our library (where I work) is in the school, and little kids are germ factories at the best of times. So who knows what we will get. slash

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Elfy - 06-26-2020

The 13 is brilliant!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Lejays17 - 06-26-2020

Such a clever way of doing 13, I enjoyed it.

Enjoy the summer holidays while you can.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 06-26-2020

Enjoy the freedom, well, at least as much of it as you can. I really hope the US will snap out of quarantine soon, it was way too long weaks, no, make that months ago.

Excellent 13! You guys make me really glad I went with that one, your ideas are just brilliant!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 06-29-2020

Sorry for the extreme delay, guys!

The Final Shot is upon us!You have two options.

Option no.1 is the same as the last round, because I think it's a really good one. Pick five prompts from the list, and have fun with them.

Option no.2: eventhough I think Alliecat's version is the best, I felt like I should come up with something, so here we go. It was actually ready from the start, sitting in my spreadsheet, but it took me this long to put it on paper. Truly a gargantuan task...

[Image: ce0b2a5653bf72ba91ce36814be0f1c3.jpg]

This uber-simple crossword puzzle will give you a total of five propmts (four from clues, plus one in the purple column). Pick at least three for your final photo. Here are the clues:

1. Cats use these as interdimensional portals (which is why the 'Schrödinger's Cat' thought ex³periment doesn't really work). People aren't as sophisticated, so we just store things in them. Your first prompt is a ___.
  2. You can play with them, pay with them, give them to other people so that they don't forget your name and number, you can use them to send words across long distance, some of them can even unveil the future! Your second prompt is a ___ of any kind.
  3. The best material for slippers. Hands down. It can also capture demons if shaped and positioned correctly. It can stop the wind and rain but let the light through! It can bring closer things that are far from our sight, let alone reach. It can help us reflect upon ourselves and see who we are, or at least that we should fix that cowlick. And accidentally breaking it brings good luck. It really is quite magical, if you think about it. Your third prompt is anything made of ___.
  4. One of the best shinies out there. Unless you're a vampire. Or a werewolf. For your final shot, you can use real ___, or anything ___-colored.
If the clues aren't clear or the language doesn't look like English, let me know!

Last but not least, this 'puzzle' is really primitive, but not everyone logs in daily, so if you want to go with this option, please give it three days before you post your photo. If you want to do option no.1, you can post right away. If you want to confirm your results because you're confused by my caveman-level Engrish, hit me with a PM wink

Have fun!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - dargosmydaddy - 06-29-2020

Ooh, I think I've got the clues... brilliant, puzzley idea smile

In the meantime, still catching up on the other prompts...

18) Shadow

[Image: 50054560007_acae50e4af_z.jpg]Arturo7 by tisue999, on Flickr

23) Nocturnal creature

[Image: 50054560972_ccb836b724_z.jpg]Kingsley5 by tisue999, on Flickr

24) Grimoire or spooky book
I went with J.A. White's The Thickety because it's super creepy and it's where I first learned the word "grimoire."

[Image: 50054560507_d8e9dac6ee_z.jpg]Lucy7 by tisue999, on Flickr

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 06-29-2020

Oooh, I love the 'grimoire' one! I should check that series. And that owl is the cutest.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Alliecat - 06-29-2020

Wow, what an imaginative final prompt! You’ve really had us thinking with a lot of these. I am puzzling over the last one a bit (I apparently don’t know enough about vampires and werewolves Tongue) but I think I have the rest. If we are waiting till Wednesday or thereabouts to post, have you decided on a final deadline yet?
(Oh, and if cavemen had had that level of English, our species would have colonized the galaxy by now xp )

[Edit: OK, I got it… Google is my friend. xp LOL ]

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Elfy - 06-29-2020

Took a bit of puzzling, but Lejays and I worked out the clues. Now comes the photo arranging/taking.