May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt
First off, a huge thanks to Alliecat for hosting the April scavenger hunt!

This is the first time I'm doing such a thing, so it may be a little unbalanced. If you feel like the prompts are too 'neon-centered', or aren't stated clearly enough, let me know! I'll do my best to fix it. My list has more vague prompts than Alliecat's, I hope that's OK.

Let's set a (very) few rules / recommendations to go by:
  1. Don't repost old photos that happen to fit the prompt, take new ones, please.
  2. Each prompt should have its own pic!
  3. You're free to interpret the prompts as you wish. Of course, the item should be related to the prompt in some way, but don't stress over finding what you think I want you to find, anything that fits in any way is fine!
  4. One is fine. You see, aside from being a burning-in-the-sun vampire with a genuine Eastern European accent, I'm also a Moomin ancestor, I like to pile stuff up. NEVER MIND MY PILES, JUST ONE ITEM FOR EACH PROMPT IS OK, PEOPLE!
  5. HAVE FUN! THAT'S AN ORDER!

OK, guys, here we go! Let's hope any future rounds will happen in times of freedom.

Deadline: 

Since this isn't a contest, I don't think we need a firm deadline. For now, I have 24 prompts plus a final shot, I plan to post them in batches of four every five days or when all participants finish the current batch, whichever comes first. I can post more prompts should you want so, but looking at the previous round, I think this amount and frequency of prompts is just about right.

Prompt List (to be perpetually updated):
  1. "A ___, a ___, my kingdom for a ___!" - fill in as you see fit
  2. something 'school'
  3. something that starts with the same letter as your name
  4. polka dots!
  5. a green doll or toy
  6. something from sea / sea-themed (nautical, pirate and Captain Nemo all totally count)
  7. something with wings
  8. blossom (real or not, doesn't matter)
  9. a bookmark
  10. eyewear
  11. a set of two
  12. scale (in any meaning of the word)
  13. a mirror
  14. a bow
  15. a kettle
  16. time device
  17. light
  18. shadow
  19. birth sign
  20. a celestial object, or a being from one
  21. number 13
  22. black
  23. a nocturnal creature
  24. grimoire
So here's the first batch:

#1 A ___, a ___, my kingdom for a ___!

Fill in as you see fit! I have quite a few things that I'm ready to declare worth a kingdom on regular basis.

[Image: 48d44ff9638ecf0c1bd41ee99be7841a.jpg]

They're duct tape, manicure set, hand cream, cup of milk tea (or some other hot beverage) and an extra pillow. Posing with all that stuff is Ginger, because this pile wasn't pink enough LOL

Alternatively, if you don't have stuff you'd give a kingdom to obtain, or just don't want to post it, you can think of a new line for King Richard III. I always thought it would be hilarious if he said 'pants with zipper fly' or 'infinite slice of pizza' instead of 'horse'.

#2 something 'school'

Anything school-related / themed.

[Image: 1a7a6b929917e00b5db2347c563fa28d.jpg]

These are mementos I have from my school days. A pen, foot- and pawprints stamps, public transport ID card with a devilish photo of 8-year-old me (the bookmark covers my personal info), and a notebook with the funniest assignment we ever got. That terrible scribble is a très artistique depiction of a cat in a house, which we were supposed to draw in pairs, holding one pencil together, and we weren't allowed to communicate in any way. Me and my friend were laughing so hard, it was impossible. No one in the class did any better. Monty and May are about to tackle this tremendous task themselves. And I'm craving dolls in school uniforms.

#3 something that starts with the same letter as your name

It can be your first name, your last name, any of your middle names, your username here on Dolly Market, or that embarassing nickname your auntie gave you and thought it was cute. Let's try to keep it in English, but if you're from non-anglophone country, your mother tongue also counts.

[Image: 504c2f24daa70dfb8947c1428f75a32c.jpg]

I'm going with 'N'. Nefera is posing with a pretty notebook, Indian enamel necklace, Terry Pratchett's Night Watch - it starts with N in both English and Czech, and a dash of NaCl.

#4 polka dots!

I really wanted to do stripes II, but with much pain and effort, I got over it wink

[Image: 4e65566bd774eab3087ccdaedba7d645.jpg]

My mom made this dress for my 90s Barbies, it's the oldest dolly thing I own, and it fits curvy babs like a glove!
Ooh, fun collection of prompts! Will have to put my thinking cap on for the school one- I don’t think I have anything here that relates to my actual school days.

Oh, and that particular Pratchett is my favourite! As well as the Tiffany Aching sub series.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-07-2020, 11:32 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Ooh, fun collection of prompts!  Will have to put my thinking cap on for the school one- I don’t think I have anything here that relates to my actual school days.

Oh, and that particular Pratchett is my favourite!  As well as the Tiffany Aching sub series.

It doesn't have to be memento from your school days, it can be anything related to school in any way. For example, you may have have some dolls whose characters are students wink
(05-08-2020, 12:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 11:32 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Ooh, fun collection of prompts!  Will have to put my thinking cap on for the school one- I don’t think I have anything here that relates to my actual school days.

Oh, and that particular Pratchett is my favourite!  As well as the Tiffany Aching sub series.

It doesn't have to be memento from your school days, it can be anything related to school in any way. For example, you may have have some dolls whose characters are students wink

Ah, so a random picture of an Ever After High doll will do then!

(It’s also a bit too easy, so I’ll think a bit more about it.)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yay! Your first list already has me chuckling. It sounds like we are all going to be busy again this month. Big cheers for hosting another event! yay
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I'm looking forward to jump into these new prompts!

Wow, this sounds like fun - though the added creativity caused by the prompts being less specific also makes it much more difficult: I can think of so many ways to interpret a prompt, and I cannot choose! We'll see if I can participate, my creativity is still low-functioning due to the lockdown, but I'll be looking forward to see others' photos and interpretations smile

And I really hate the combination of the circumstances and timing now: I have just recently ordered a few doll school uniforms, which I would have *loved* to show off, but seeing the pace mail is arriving right now, I'm pretty sure they won't get here in May. And I actually wouldn't even mind that as long as they arrive, but there are so  many packages that have spent too long in transit (even considering current mail speed) that I've kind of given up on them already sad
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(05-08-2020, 06:56 PM)Loona Wrote: Wow, this sounds like fun - though the added creativity caused by the prompts being less specific also makes it much more difficult: I can think of so many ways to interpret a prompt, and I cannot choose! We'll see if I can participate, my creativity is still low-functioning due to the lockdown, but I'll be looking forward to see others' photos and interpretations smile

And I really hate the combination of the circumstances and timing now: I have just recently ordered a few doll school uniforms, which I would have *loved* to show off, but seeing the pace mail is arriving right now, I'm pretty sure they won't get here in May. And I actually wouldn't even mind that as long as they arrive, but there are so  many packages that have spent too long in transit (even considering current mail speed) that I've kind of given up on them already sad

As for the deadline, don't worry about it, if we go at the planned pace - new batch every five days, the hunt will spill well into June anyways, also, you don't have to post them in order, you can just save the prompt and wait for the uniforms to arrive.

As for the added creativity - that's completely up to you, you can choose the simplest option and it will count! I do have more specific prompts in the list, so you could just do those.

This is meant to be fun, so don't worry about doing it 'right', if you have fun, that's it. However, I can understand if you feel exhausted from the current state of things, and if participating would mean creating stress for yourself, then don't, I don't want to add to the already stressful situation. Fingers crossed it will be over soon!
Yay!! I had so much fun with the other one, looking forward to this one as well!
Bam!  We get to be first!  Tongue
That school assignment sounds hilarious. A clever idea from your teacher.
I was going to do "a couple" today, and ended up doing 4 pix for here & 2 for Dal House and *zero* work.  Now I'm going to do a lil writing before TV night, so, day's total = Zero Work Done.
Oh well!  LOL

#4 Polka dots
Natalie didn't even have to visit the wardrobe department because she's been wearing this for a while.  I like it on her even though it's a little big.

[Image: 49871987221_5bcb536b31_z.jpg]

#3 Name
A is for Anchor.
Got several really cool ship pins over several attendances at a pirate festival, plus one dragon and one anchor.  And who better to show it off than our reigning pirate queen?  smile

[Image: 49872298222_fa87298836_z.jpg]

#1 My kingdom for a ____  
(a great prompt -- makes you think!)

[Image: 49871456643_f98b86aa0a_z.jpg]
"Our kingdom for a helicopter!!!  Ever since Mum's epic flight last year over the volcano with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters (which >AHEM< Alo and I did NOT get to go on) her pipe dream would be to get a helo license and fly an Ecostar because come on, this is one sexy machine!  What better job could there be than flying gorgeous aircraft over gorgeous scenery??
"Unfortunately we have to make do with this very cool pin."

#2 School item

[Image: 49871456928_2dd55fe425_z.jpg]
"My sis and me with an old and dusty school award.  Because Mum is a genius  xp  "

"Thank you for volunteering to host, neon!
"Love, Sunsette  Heart 2 "
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
#1. A ____, a ____, my kingdom for a _____.

[Image: mayhunt1.jpg]
Pocket camera, pocket notebook, and pocket knife

I cannot stand to go anywhere without these three items. While many people carry their camera-equipped mobile phones everywhere, I still prefer to carry an actual camera, and when I'm headed out the door I am more likely to grab the camera than I am a phone. This Panasonic Lumix water resistant, shock resistant camera is my favorite camera that I've ever owned and I rarely venture anywhere without it. Similarly, I still prefer to write things down on paper when I need to make notes, not type things in to a microscopic keypad. On the rare occasions when I forget to put a notebook in my pocket I feel "thrown off" for the entire day. A Swiss Army Knife is another essential tool without which I feel completely at a loss. I cannot count the times per day I use those miniature folding scissors or the screwdriver. Triv (Smart Doll Symphony) concurs with being well equipped, although she recommends adding a pocket lighter or at least a book of matches to the every day carry kit.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Yay! First photos!

Alliecat, Natalie is beautiful (I remember her and that dress from your threads), and that anchor is AAA, *****, 100% pure awesomeness! Oooh, a heli! I agree, being able to fly over beautiful landscapes would be great! I always wanted an airship (that's why they're such a big deal in Oddwickshire). Wow, award! Now that's a memento! Our school kept all the awards. Skinflints.

davidd, that's neat field gear! I'm also more of a paper person. My brain loads things faster when I'm using pen and paper, and I also always travel with a notebook. And that's a wonderful photo of Triv. Is that the teepee they were making blueprints for on Doodle Tusday?
Oh these photos are beautiful. The colours are all so fantastic!

Here are my offerings:

1. "A ___, A ___, My Kingdom For A ___!"

[Image: 69396606_27e35c9b9ad3bb0a53521818aa93b23c_standard.jpg]

I was actually going to go a bit jokey here, and post pictures of different theatre programmes and be all A SHOW because I have been binging musical cast recordings lately. But the reason I've been binging them is because I am have a lot of difficulty sleeping. So instead? A NAP, A NAP, MY KINGDOM FOR A NAP!

2. Something 'School'

[Image: 69396617_c1933f886d6afd0321de9a41b03330b0_standard.jpg]

Olivia is showing off my box-set of the complete series of Please Sir! A television show from the late 60s-early 70s, Please Sir was about a new overly enthusatic teacher and his group of misfit unruly students. It's an interesting nugget of history being that it's a school sitcom set around the time the secondary moderns were beginning to be phased out in favour of the comprehensive high school. It also features some great British television comedic actors of the time. The most interesting joke of the show? How a lot of the students look older than their teachers! Here's a more informative article for those interested.

3. Something That Starts With The Same Letter As Your Name

[Image: 69396632_4b534471e3d5513a3bb118525a34168d_standard.jpg]

Went with my forum name here, and who better to represent the letter 'W' than Wonder Woman herself

"...You do recall that my actual name is Diana, don't you?"

... Superhero names still count!

4. Polka Dots!

[Image: 69396644_78478ecfc2d15c56d79fc523a5f06a79_standard.jpg]

Well.. Poké-Ball Dots. Fun play on it all?
What an awesome batch, werepuppy! I hope you'll be able to get some sleep in soon! That photo is amazing, though. Cute silver-ish teddy and bedding with space dinosaurs - can it get cooler than that?

That's an interesting take on the school prompt! Wondsie and Polka-balls are also amazing!