The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt (/showthread.php?tid=7263037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - davidd - 05-28-2020

10. Eyewear:

[Image: eyewear.jpg]
Pinky Street Aya with Goggles
This is a special figure. A photo of Pinky Street Aya inspired me to purchase my first
Pinky Street figures. The Pinky Street hobby eventually led me to... The Dolly Market Forum,
and thus to A Doll A Day... and to meeting you guys! So... YAY for dolly eyewear!

11. A Set of Two:

[Image: pair.jpg]
A pair of pale pail porters parading past a portal!
How... strange!

12. Scale:

[Image: scale.jpg]
"It's been a while" observes Max Steel

13. A Mirror:

[Image: mirror.jpg]
Novi Stars Una Verse Panders for Brownie Points
(Hey, it worked in the previous scavenger hunt!  yay )

14. A Bow:

[Image: bow1.jpg]  [Image: bow2.jpg]
Monster High "Gloom Beach" Clawdeen Wolf borrows Draculaura's bow-bedecked beachwear

15. A Kettle:

[Image: kettle.jpg]
iKettle sings "... here is my handle, here is my spout!"

16. A Time Device:

[Image: time_device.jpg]
The ever timeless Ulla D!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Elfy - 05-28-2020

Carly! Love the mirror, too.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 05-28-2020

Alliecat - that's a beautiful clock! And I love how you posed Cherie inside of it.

davidd - absolutely wonderful batch! Aya is a striking figure. I'm glad the prompt made you remember something nice. What a wonderfully Strange set! I love this one! And the scale one is too funny and too relatable! Only Carly could look so comfortable stuck in a kettle spout LOL

Next few totally triggered the part of my brain alloted exclusively for MH stuff, so brace yourself, MH babbling incoming!

FdC Mirror! It's quite red, is that the correction or do you actually have a red one? All the ones I've seen on owner pics are pink...

Those are actually GB Draculaura's sandals. I love MH footwear, I'd like a lot of it in my size!

This Draculaura confused me for a bit, I couldn't recognize the release. Judging from her face-up, she's a Gloom Beach Lala (Clawdeens sandals would corroborate that), redressed in non-MH stock, right? I'm guessing Bratz Genie Magic?

That wristwatch is awesome! We didn't get a lot of this misc merch here, so I love learning about it from owner pics.

And all the photos have absolutely beautiful lighting and so much mood!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - davidd - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 10:17 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Next few totally triggered the part of my brain alloted exclusively for MH stuff, so brace yourself, MH babbling incoming!

FdC Mirror! It's quite red, is that the correction or do you actually have a red one? All the ones I've seen on owner pics are pink...

Those are actually GB Draculaura's sandals. 

This Draculaura confused me for a bit, I couldn't recognize the release. Judging from her face-up, she's a Gloom Beach Lala (Clawdeens sandals would corroborate that), redressed in non-MH stock, right? I'm guessing Bratz Genie Magic?

That wristwatch is awesome! We didn't get a lot of this misc merch here, so I love learning about it from owner pics.

Okay... you totally blow me away with your encyclopædic visual knowledge of Monster High and other toy lines. You are correct, Gloom Beach Draculaura wearing a Bratz Genie Magic outfit! How could you possibly have identified that from the bare glimpse offered here? Well before Monster High released the 13 Wishes line, I wanted a set of "genie" themed Monster High figs, so I purchased several of the Bratz Genie Magic sets and used the outfits for Monster High. At the time most of the Bratz Genie Magic sets were still available for reasonable prices (except for Katia, whom I never found at an affordable price, and Sasha, who was more ex-pensive than the rest), so I got most of them mint-in-package...and opened them up! When I look at the eBay prices now... oh well, what's done is done.

The FdC mirror is the standard pink. I used a red light source in this pic, plus some color-enhancing post-production filters.

This particular wristwatch is a made-in-China knock-off or counterfeit, not a licensed product. It cost about three dollars, shipped, on eBay. It came with a little pink faux-leather watch band. I replaced it with a "real" watch strap so that it is actually wearable by adult-sized people.

Thanks for the correction about the sandals. That makes more sense, as they looked rather "girly" for Clawdeen's usual style. I shall correct my caption.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Lejays17 - 05-29-2020

Fun set of pics Davidd. I laughed at the scale & also Carly in the kettle spout.

The bows on the shoes are really cute too.

Alliecat, Cherie inside the timepiece is very clever. I had an alarm clock once that ticked so loudly I had to bury it under some clothes as I couldn’t sleep with it. That defeats he purpose of the alarm in the morning, of course...

I had a comment last page about bookmarks & glasses, but I think the internet ate it. Anyway, we buy bookmarks as souvenirs as they’re nice & light for packing. So the ones we showed are only a small portion of what we own.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - davidd - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 11:28 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Fun set of pics Davidd.  I laughed at the scale....

Interesting trivia about that scale: I purchased it in Australia, in a shop in Manly. Other people buy postcards and snow globes as travel souvenirs. I purchased a scale that measures in stones.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Alliecat - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 08:24 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I got them on ebay... they're for Wellie Wisher dolls, which are apparently a somewhat smaller type of American Girl doll.
Cool, thanks... I looked... auwe, I'm not paying $23 for shipping Oh My [insert long rant about 'Global Shipping Program'] ... but I'll maybe have a look now & then for something that might suit one of the crew.
(05-29-2020, 11:28 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I had an alarm clock once that ticked so loudly I had to bury it under some clothes as I couldn’t sleep with it. That defeats he purpose of the alarm in the morning, of course...
This made me laugh because my little travel alarm ticks quite loudly. I always bury it under clothes in my suitcase. I'm a light enough sleeper that it does wake me up when it goes off -- earplugs & all.

davidd, your dungeon 'set' looks terrific. And Carly is so delightful, cheerful even when she's in, um, hot water LOL

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Aichan - 05-29-2020

These all came out great but my Favorite shots frm this set - a pair of two and scale.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - davidd - 06-04-2020

(05-28-2020, 01:29 AM)davidd Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
Sorry guys, I need to postpone posting another batch of prompts, things got a bit hectic (I have the prompts, but not the photos). I'll try to get to it before weekend.

No problem! Things have been hectic here as well. A few extra days will give me time to catch up! Maybe!  Sweatdrop

Yeah, I'm quoting myself.  Sweatdrop

So... any more prompts? Or is the May round just going to kind of quietly taper off and fade away?

Let me rephrase that: MOAR PROMPTS.... pleeeeze!

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 06-04-2020

Sorry for the delay, no, I didn't drop this, yes, there are more prompts, aside from saturday and monday, I've been having migraines AND troubles taking photos for the ADAD challenge, let alone these ones, not to mention RL stuff, cut me some slack please.

I do assume that everyone who wanted to catch up did, so I'll be posting more tomorrow.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - davidd - 06-05-2020

(06-04-2020, 05:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ... cut me some slack please.

I'm totally a slacker, I have plenty of slack to spare. How much do you want? I'll send you some!  Tongue Heart 2 Tongue

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 06-05-2020

(06-05-2020, 02:16 AM)davidd Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 05:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ... cut me some slack please.

I'm totally a slacker, I have plenty of slack to spare. How much do you want? I'll send you some!  Tongue Heart 2 Tongue

A long faggot would be nice, thank you Heart

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - neon_jellyfish - 06-05-2020

Okaaaay...

Sorry for the delay, I got killed and had to rise from the dead more times than I e˟pected, but now I'm here and I'm carrying MOAR prompts yay

#17 light

[Image: bc4c6f7b3a32b9f42d5cc040aaee6b3b.jpg]
[Image: 779e046b093947d65a66d46bc85cc28a.jpg]
[Image: fbb3f487897740f62055bb91a9b88d46.jpg]

As usual, you can do whatever you want with this prompt. You can take a photo of some sort of light source, or play around with lighting of you photo without the source being visible. I totally absolutely most positively am not aiming this at certain people here, except I totally absolutely most positively am, teehee.

#18 shadow

[Image: bd7c4667f797131d2da857510adaa2db.jpg]

You can either drown your whole photo in shadows, or place something to some source of light to make it cast shadow and take a pic of that, or you can do something I didn't think of, anything shady goes!

I actually wanted to take different photos for light and shadow prompts, but the weather was like naaah, bitch, not in the mood... Maybe I'll be able to take them later and post them in my ADAD thread.

#19 birth sign

[Image: a4981313bb5305ccdeb284e2e55867d8.jpg]

It doesn't have to be something specifically depicting a traditional western zodiac sign (but it totally can!). You can pick any sign from any system, and then find something that could represent it. If you pick something less known, please tell us more about it!

In my pic, there is a twig from rowan tree, representing Celtic tree zodiac, amethysts are traditionally assigned to Aquarius, and the twin buns the lovely May is sporting are sometimes referred to as ox horns, so that would be the Ox from Chinese zodiac. And I piled them up again, but it's really OK to do just one.

#20 a celestial object, or a being from one.

[Image: e3e61445a1b06f80630a73ef98b531a1.jpg]

Elle is posing among Alfons Mucha's The Moon and the Stars series postcards.

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - Lejays17 - 06-06-2020

Ooh, the western zodiac I can totally do! I’ll have a poke around for different Signs for other zodiacs too.

Love love love the Mucha postcards, and Elle sets them off so nicely too.

Light & shadow are a bit trickier, but you always take such atmospheric shadowy photos that it’s going to be hard to match them smile

RE: May (the 2020 Quarantine End Soon) Scavenger Hunt - davidd - 06-06-2020

Oooh, moar prompts!

I just received something in the mail yesterday that will work wonderfully for one of these prompts!

(How unusual to read the word faggot used in its original sense!)