Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Xena! I forgot that show existed... I was in the elementary school when the show first aired in Czech Republic, and it was total craze, and our class had battles during breaks, throwing protractors at each other and shouting things like 'fear my chakrams!' Ah, memories... I bet a lot of children played like that back then.
What a sweet story! A lot of my dolls have a similar tale to tell. I wasn't allowed to watch Xena as a child, but I have seen it with my partner. *Xena yells*
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Ha! I remember that show. It must've been on at a weird time or something because I only ever watched a few episodes, so I didn't know the story. But how great that you were finally able to get such a long-admired doll. I definitely would have her out of the box in about 2 minutes.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Xena’s A great show. They’re reshowing it from the start down here and we’re recording them, so we can watch them all again.
Hey, all! Thank you for the brilliant comments on yesterday's picture. I'm sorry today's is so late - I've been running back and forth to the hospital since 8th March to visit my Dad and today it just seemed like time was not on my side. (He's better than he was, for anyone wondering, and on his way to recovery. He's mostly just fed up being stuck inside and wishes he can get home asap.)

74. MIB: Disney Attractionistas: Gracey (The Haunted Mansion)
[Image: 51971391_d85ba003df7fb8b06dda91037bf5a209_standard.jpg]
Another one of my MIB dolls. And I know you're going to say that I do have one of these unboxed and... well, you're right. I do. How? Well, I managed to grab one online at the same time my Aunt was buying me one at the Parks. So I ended up with two, deboxed one, and kept the other in-box. It's nice enough, if a bit plain. The biggest interest in this box is that the backing Gracey is attached to is printed with the wallpaper used in the Mansion
Such a dark cutie! I'm glad your Dad is doing better, here's hoping he can go home soon!
Always good to have a backup doll. Glad your Dad is on the mend.
I am not familiar with these dolls either. We sure get a variety with these threads. Best wishes to your dad, hope he is able to leave the hospital soon.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I hope your dad will be home soon with a full recovery from... whatever has kept in him hospital for far too long!

One to keep mint-in-box and one to open: that is the ideal way to collect dolls, toys, and action figures!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Looking forward to watching Xena when we get up to that in our recordings.

The haunted mansion doll is very neat, do you have any of the other attractions?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thanks, all. Dad's doing a bit better, but he's still got a consultant to see and that's not likely to be till Monday at the earliest. Here's hoping we get him home this week, though, he's really not liking being in for such an extended period

- - -

75. MIB: Monster High: Adult Collector: Skelita Calaveras
[Image: 51971467_2137208bed4a47ac68a7f550c0e5bdcc_standard.jpg]
The one other of the collector Monster High dolls I actually own (though I am determined to someday get hold of the Draculaura.) Skelita here was actually a very random pick-up. We had been out for a wander around the Fort - a sort of outdoor shopping mall - and decided to pop into the Smyths Toys there to see if there was anything fun available. On the sale - and at a discounted price - was Skelita. Obviously I picked her up since her discounted price was good and I was lucky enough to have the money on me soo... yeah.

Not that interesting a backstory, sorry.
Not every doll in the collection has to have a big backstory, they can be just pretty and that's enough! Great that you could get CE Skelita at a discounted price!
I haven’t seen that packaging for Skelita before.
Oooh, the Collectors Edition Skelita! That's quite a prize! I hope you are able to acquire Draculaura eventually.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She's lovely, and nice that you could get her as a discount on a whim too smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)