Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(07-03-2019, 02:40 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Poor Captain Marvel, she's the shortest one... Doesn't she feel intimidated by the new Wondsie? Or the fact that there are now two (two, right?) of them?

I really like the WWE doll. Well, of course I do. She's a steampunk-themed redhead...

Yes there's two, but she doesn't feel intimidated: she can basically blast a ship apart with her fist so, she's good. 

Steampunk redheads are your thing...

(07-03-2019, 03:13 AM)davidd Wrote: Yes, I was thinking the same thing! Standing among the others, the WWE girl looks pretty cool! Kind of like a Steampunk Merida.

Ah, if only Becky Lynch wasn't Irish, she'd make a perfect live-action Merida...

- - - 

Okay, so first of all, I need to apologise for how boring this picture is. A shelf fell on my foot yesterday. Nothing broken, but there's pain and I'm kind of hobbling around today. Means I couldn't really get creative atm. 

184. Another Line Up
[Image: 56772033_f25b6e8c42ce40e03855124a49726eb0_standard.jpg]
I hope the pain will stop soon! Loki does a good job looking like a paltry civilian there next to a thunder god, the ultimate badass and a hard boiled detective. Very apt for the most shameless of trickster gods!
Interesting police lineup height comparison xp It is nice to see some dolls that aren't stick-thin.
Hope your foot is better soon.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Loki is significantly shorter than his brother. No wonder there is friction between them.

I wanna see Loki and Detective Dude swap outfits.

Sweatdrop  Err... that doesn't sound right. I don't want to see them as they swap outfits; but it would be interesting to see how they look wearing each others outfits.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Owww! I hope no small bones are broken. Very easy to break a toe.
(07-04-2019, 02:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I hope the pain will stop soon! Loki does a good job looking like a paltry civilian there next to a thunder god, the ultimate badass and a hard boiled detective. Very apt for the most shameless of trickster gods!

Honestly, as long as I'm not walking on it too much, it's alright? Occasional twinge, but nothing else. So I've been just lying with my foot up on a pillow today, LOL. 

That was entirely the vibe I wanted with the Loki kit-bash when I started it, btw. I wanted it to be a sort of hidden in plain sight type thing. Why should the God of Mischief need to stand out? Well, apart from to appease his own ego but around here, he does have his Loyal One...

(07-04-2019, 03:48 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Interesting police lineup height comparison xp  It is nice to see some dolls that aren't stick-thin.
Hope your foot is better soon.

I agree, it's always really nice to see some variety in the dolls. I mean, I do realise that the proportions of most are because fashion dolls are designed to look better when clothed - it's their whole thing - but even still, it's nice to see variety.

Thank you! 

(07-04-2019, 08:44 AM)davidd Wrote: Loki is significantly shorter than his brother. No wonder there is friction between them.

I wanna see Loki and Detective Dude swap outfits.

Sweatdrop  Err... that doesn't sound right. I don't want to see them as they swap outfits; but it would be interesting to see how they look wearing each others outfits.

They're getting on better these days. Mostly. They can at least band together when faced with a pathetic example of morality such as Gaston...?

Oh, oh, I'll need to see if that is possible. It might take a bit of time...

(07-04-2019, 03:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: Owww! I hope no small bones are broken. Very easy to break a toe.

I know! That was the worry, but we're totally okay, no broken bones. Just bruising. 

- - - 

185. Ready for Battle
[Image: 56811994_f8a872f27f42ae8aae50169aa2057e8b_standard.jpg]
Okay, so with seamless figures, everywhere says to be gentle when posing so that they don't break? I had to fight with Diana here to get her into a pose because she was just NOT for posing at all.
You... just... defeated Wonderwoman! All hail the mighty Werepuppy!
Almost everything I read about seamless figures talks about how they pose so well, but then I see things like what you say here.

She ended up looking reasonably action-y in this pic. It appears she has a skin tone that is conducive to photos, being not too pale or overly contrasty compared to her uniform.
She looks great. I think we get spoiled with Pullips because if they break you can probably mooch a spare body somewhere, eventually, but what happens when you break these really ek$pensive Hot Toys? Sweatdrop
I'd be extra careful too. Especially when you can't see a joint, to know which way it would bend most easily.
Anyway, she's a terrific-looking model.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Love the two comparison line-ups.

Really interesting to see the variety of heights in the same scale dolls.

Diana looks great, hopefully she becomes easier to pose as you get more used to her and how her body moves.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-05-2019, 01:25 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You... just... defeated Wonderwoman! All hail the mighty Werepuppy!

I wish I could say I defeated her but honestly, I just asked really nicely and she cooperated. Because apparently manners work best.

(07-05-2019, 03:10 AM)davidd Wrote: Almost everything I read about seamless figures talks about how they pose so well, but then I see things like what you say here.

She ended up looking reasonably action-y in this pic. It appears she has a skin tone that is conducive to photos, being not too pale or overly contrasty compared to her uniform.

I get that the rubber is delicate, but honestly, it's an effort to get them posed.

Oh her skin tone is fantastic. It works really well and doesn't wash out under flash. 

(07-05-2019, 06:55 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks great.  I think we get spoiled with Pullips because if they break you can probably mooch a spare body somewhere, eventually, but what happens when you break these really ek$pensive Hot Toys? Sweatdrop
I'd be extra careful too.  Especially when you can't see a joint, to know which way it would bend most easily.
Anyway, she's a terrific-looking model.

This is a very good point. I don't think she'll necessarily be the one who ends up in the Room segments, I'll likely stick to the Mattel offering for that - though I did take some pics with her for it - and just keep this Diana standing on display. 

(07-05-2019, 07:45 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the two comparison line-ups.

Really interesting to see the variety of heights in the same scale dolls.

Diana looks great, hopefully she becomes easier to pose as you get more used to her and how her body moves.

It's always fun seeing variety in the same scale, makes for an interesting thing to view. I hope that happens too.

- - - 

186. Golden Lasso
[Image: 56844503_456cf5810a88f050f5024a93b341907a_standard.jpg]
She's wondering if she'll need to use it in the Room...
And this is the last picture of her for now. More will come - because gorgeous - but yeah.
I knad of ex²pect Wednesday to lurk somewhere near, thinking about how to steal that laso and use it on Gaston, and maybe a few others.
It would be amusing to see WW try the Golden Lasso on Wednesday. Wednesday generally tells the truth, yet reveals very little in so doing. I don't think even the Golden Lasso would get much more out of her.

Now, watching Loki squirm under those coils would be another story altogether!
(07-06-2019, 02:26 AM)davidd Wrote: It would be amusing to see WW try the Golden Lasso on Wednesday. Wednesday generally tells the truth, yet reveals very little in so doing. I don't think even the Golden Lasso would get much more out of her.

Would Loki's inherent weaselness be enough to overpower the rope?
(07-06-2019, 12:39 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I knad of ex²pect Wednesday to lurk somewhere near, thinking about how to steal that laso and use it on Gaston, and maybe a few others.

It could happen...

(07-06-2019, 02:26 AM)davidd Wrote: It would be amusing to see WW try the Golden Lasso on Wednesday. Wednesday generally tells the truth, yet reveals very little in so doing. I don't think even the Golden Lasso would get much more out of her.

Telling the truth does not mean revealing your hand and Wednesday is long practised at the art of speaking without saying much.

Oh Loki, people just want to torture him...

(07-06-2019, 05:28 PM)fishy Wrote: Would Loki's inherent weaselness be enough to overpower the rope?

That's ... actually a good question. God of Lies vs the Lasso of Truth...?

- - - 

187. Dal Tweety
[Image: 56845402_fa69b15fe164ccea79194e4629a5e91d_standard.jpg]
This lovely girl was a gift from my Mum. See, I've been having kind of a really lousy time of it as of late, and she decided to get me something to cheer me up a bit. Went on to eBay, and found this lovely girl at a low price and now I have my first Dal.
I really like her colouring, and her pouty little face.