Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Hayley's outfit is very cute, I love the sweatshirt. I don't know Marmalade, but it did remind me of Mabel from Gravity Falls.
(07-13-2019, 09:37 AM)davidd Wrote: Cute outfit. She looks so cute, in fact, that she can doubtlessly get away with considerable mischief before getting in to any real trouble.

Life is kind of unfair like that, in'nit?

(The purple trainers are da bomb! I wonder if they'd fit Smart Doll? Where'd ya find 'em?)

She's here to muck about and drive people potty. Life is unfair because she'll get away with it. 

(They're from a brand of 18" doll that's like American Girl. Called Our Generation - they're actually too big for Hayley, and fit Olivia much better, but they worked for this look. So yeah, they should fit Smart Doll well. You'll find those clothing packs fit alright too.)

(07-13-2019, 10:50 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Neon's idea for the invisible plane action sound like the best way to spend a wet afternoon.

Hayley's look is great, you've done a good job of re-creating the base look.

It really does.

Thank you! 

(07-13-2019, 04:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hayley's outfit is very cute, I love the sweatshirt. I don't know Marmalade, but it did remind me of Mabel from Gravity Falls.

Huh, I did not think of that connection actually?

- - - 

194. It's Your Turn, Now
[Image: 49058123_fa18a3ce3ab95ef0cd1421139d069c61_standard.jpg]
(I know I've posted this somewhere before, but life is just being... a problem, lately, and this picture gives me feels so enjoy it.)
I hope your life stops being a problem soon! It would be nice if your assorted badass ladies could lend you some of their strength.
May the Force be with you, Z!

(And... is Leia giving Rey lessons on holding her breath in the vacuum of space?)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-14-2019, 02:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I hope your life stops being a problem soon! It would be nice if your assorted badass ladies could lend you some of their strength.

I would love some of their strength, it would be so useful right now >< 

(07-14-2019, 02:30 AM)davidd Wrote: (And... is Leia giving Rey lessons on holding her breath in the vacuum of space?)

(I mean, it seems like it would be a useful lesson!)

- - - 

So I missed yesterday so I owe ... two.

195. Good with Wolves
[Image: 51842196_6af61c5fee6a4e9dc6d00bc8e8fdcc15_standard.jpg]
Ophelia's always had a special way with these beautiful beasts...

196. Esmeralda
[Image: 51971919_5e689b0072a3b6b61d4d05e34b97ddcd_standard.jpg]
I love the one of Ophelia and the wolf! And I have this Esmeralda! Upgrade to MtM body looks great.
Seeing as Ophelia has a way with wolves, that should make her a good match against... or a good catch for... Gaston!   yay
Hugging plushies always helps. Esmeralda is pretty too.
Hoping things get better for you soon. Hang in there.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Esmeralda is great. She’s a DP you don’t see a lot of. It sucks that she’s not an official DP.
That’s a lovely Esmerelda, not someone you see a lot of
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-16-2019, 12:08 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love the one of Ophelia and the wolf! And I have this Esmeralda! Upgrade to MtM body looks great.

Ophelia just seems to have a special way with wolves. I really love the 90s Mattel Disney face sculpts - they've got a lot of character in them.

(07-16-2019, 03:07 AM)davidd Wrote: Seeing as Ophelia has a way with wolves, that should make her a good match against... or a good catch for... Gaston!   yay

Gaston doesn't know a good thing when he sees it...

(07-16-2019, 12:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Hugging plushies always helps.  Esmeralda is pretty too.
Hoping things get better for you soon.  Hang in there.

Thanks dearie! 

(07-16-2019, 04:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: Esmeralda is great. She’s a DP you don’t see a lot of. It sucks that she’s not an official DP.

.... I am genuinely trying to remember now if she was a part of the line? I think Megara was at one point... I'll need to look into this. 

(07-16-2019, 06:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s a lovely Esmerelda, not someone you see a lot of

It'd be nice if Disney did start merchandising some movies again. 

- - - 

196. Heads
[Image: 57299864_946ded765a6a6b10339fd4219459575e_standard.jpg]
Sooo I may have some custom ideas...
This is wonderful hobby, we can have headless bodies, severed heads and limbs, even eyes, and we're still not breaking the law...

Are these going to be Cats customs?
(07-17-2019, 12:57 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Gaston doesn't know a good thing when he sees it...
Right. I believe he dismissed "the blonde one" as being "naive," or something to that effect.

CATWALK KITTY HEADS!!!!11!  (Insert copious to the point of unseemly über-squeeing!)

I believe I have seen these listed on eBay. I must assume they are either overstock from when the Lanard Catwalk Kitties ceased production, or they are "unofficial" but produced from the same molds. The quality appears to be pretty good (perhaps you can show us some closer photos of the individual heads). It will be interesting to see how they look on various bodies.
Official Princesses get coronated. Merida, despite Brave not being a Disney film was coronated. Elionwy wasn’t. They never coronated either Elsa or Anna, but instead spun them off into their own Frozen line. Weirdly enough Tinkerbell was an original Princess.
(07-17-2019, 04:34 PM)Elfy Wrote: Official Princesses get coronated. Merida, despite Brave not being a Disney film was coronated. Elionwy wasn’t. They never coronated either Elsa or Anna, but instead spun them off into their own Frozen line. Weirdly enough Tinkerbell was an original Princess.

Except Mulan wasn’t coronated - and her “prince” is “just” a general and not royal in any way.

Severed Kitty heads!  What a fun thing to get in the mail...  LOL LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)