Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
You need one more to make an even dozen.

Two more to make a baker's dozen.

Each thought there was one... or ten... cats too many.... That's gonna be some catfight. I wonder who, if anyone, will prevail?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Agree Merida looks a little Disneyfied. Still, a nice figure to have.
Never heard of a 'nuisance' of cats. (and disagree with the adjective, for the record) 'Clowder' was the standard I always knew of. I'm sure I could think of something more dignified.
Fun collection!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-02-2019, 12:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: There's something... apt about using 'nuisance' for group of cats. It's almost as if they made it a proper collective noun especially for occasions involving cats!

That's still quite an army, I only have six (including Pullip Cheshire Cat), plus a real one.

It does feel wonderfully fitting, doesn't it? 

I don't have any real animals, so maybe that's why I like anthro dolls so much. (Your pics make me want a Pullip Cheshire Cat so so much)

(10-02-2019, 07:20 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: It’s still a good variety of cats, and I assume there’s more on the way with the customs you are planning on doing?

I do have a couple more to do but it's a case of finding the bodies to make them with. My local charity shops have been a bit empty as of late, and I don't want to spend too much for a doll I am going to be pulling the head off of...

(10-02-2019, 09:15 AM)davidd Wrote: You need one more to make an even dozen.

Two more to make a baker's dozen.

Each thought there was one... or ten... cats too many.... That's gonna be some catfight. I wonder who, if anyone, will prevail?

More cats... Maybe I should try to get the twins, Meowldy and Purrsephone? Hm, feels like that could be an idea...

If there was a fight, my money's on Freya. She's so little and cute they might all try to defend her.

(10-02-2019, 12:30 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Agree Merida looks a little Disneyfied.  Still, a nice figure to have.
Never heard of a 'nuisance' of cats.  (and disagree with the adjective, for the record)  'Clowder' was the standard I always knew of.  I'm sure I could think of something more dignified.
Fun collection!

It's odd to think how Disney will "Disney-fy" their own characters for merchandise sales. Odd, really. 
Clowder is one I've heard of too, but nuisance just feels right

- - - 

275: Pop Princess
[Image: 60650512_1b48cba9f6efe2b6fd03dc5cc98493aa_standard.jpg]
Just a portrait type piece of Catty
Catty is such a striking doll!
Nice work with her hair. The hair on all my MH dolls has totally frizzed out to the point where I don't even want to bother with them anymore.

Classy and elegant stance, too. Very stylish, very model-esque.
(10-03-2019, 02:20 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Catty is such a striking doll!

She really is! She's one of the rare ones where the choice to use pink does make sense - it stands out so well against her darker skin. She's one that you can't skip by. 

(10-03-2019, 03:19 PM)davidd Wrote: Nice work with her hair. The hair on all my MH dolls has totally frizzed out to the point where I don't even want to bother with them anymore.

Classy and elegant stance, too. Very stylish, very model-esque.

For hair, I have a secret: I use braid spray. I had seen it being mentioned on American Girl doll related blogs, and decided to get a bottle to see if it would work for MH to stop the sticky feeling from glue leakage. It does help a bit - not as good as the tea tree oil method but enough - and it's great for when you find a doll with really frizzed out hair in a charity shop because it doesn't mean you need to pass it by. This is the brand I use, and I also use a comb or brush that has metal teeth as that's better for synthetic fibres. Just spray and comb and no more frizz! 

The stance is one I've seen a lot of female celebs being posed in, so I figured it would be one that would be familiar to Catty as a pop idol. 

- - - 

276: Leader of the Tribe
[Image: 60686394_6267c26a9aa91147e69f3c6457212fe8_standard.jpg]
A portrait snap of my Munkustrap custom. I am really pleaed with how well the MH body matches the tone of the head - it's just very seamless. 

Oh, these heads? Really tough vinyl, you need to soften them in boiling water - 15-20 seconds is enough - to pop them on the body.  

Munkustrap is the leader of the Jellicle Cats. Well, sort of, the leader is actually Old Deuteronomy. Munkustrap is the eldest child, and thus the default leader.  She's a responsible sort, and looks out for anyone under her care. In the Room she is joined by her younger sister, the Rum Tum Tugger, who affectionately calls her "Munks."
Oooh, the match is really perfect! If I didn't know both lines, I wouldn't have guessed it was a hybrid!
The "Anika" Catwalk Kitties head works very nicely on the MH werecat body. As Alliecat says, perfect match, and hard to tell it's not a stock doll if you're not familiar with both lines.
(10-04-2019, 02:37 AM)davidd Wrote: As Alliecat says, perfect match, and hard to tell it's not a stock doll if you're not familiar with both lines.
davidd has time-travelled, and seen that that was indeed what I was going to post xp LOL
She looks good!
The original bodies aren't well-articulated...?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-04-2019, 11:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 02:37 AM)davidd Wrote: As Alliecat says, perfect match, and hard to tell it's not a stock doll if you're not familiar with both lines.
davidd has time-travelled, and seen that that was indeed what I was going to post xp LOL
She looks good!

Oh My  Oops! I guess I meant neon_jellyfish. But then I was thinking about cat dolls, so Alliecat must have come to mind.

That will be my excuse, at least.
If (like others said) didn’t know they were 2 different lines, I would never have guessed from how close they Mach skin-tone wise.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-03-2019, 11:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, the match is really perfect! If I didn't know both lines, I wouldn't have guessed it was a hybrid!

It's kind of brilliant when it matches that well, makes them feel like they fit more seamlessly in the collection.

(10-04-2019, 02:37 AM)davidd Wrote: The "Anika" Catwalk Kitties head works very nicely on the MH werecat body.

Lol, I really should look up the original names for the heads, but since I had always planned on making them represent characters from Cats, it never seemed important to me >< 

(10-04-2019, 11:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks good!

From what I understand, the original bodies were rather like classic Barbie bodies - click-knee joints, and arms only articulated at the shoulders. They did have sculpted paw hands though, and tails. 

(10-04-2019, 07:11 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: If (like others said) didn’t know they were 2 different lines, I would never have guessed from how close they Mach skin-tone wise.

Really goes to show how good the different colours were for MH really - they work with other lines so well.

- - - 

277: Only Likes What She Finds For Herself
[Image: 60724579_9a131800b8065c80f6a5ff79674a5682_standard.jpg]
My Rum Tum Tugger custom! The rock star of the cats, and Munks little sister, she feels the pressure of being a child of Old Deutronomy a bit more than her sibling.  So she carved her own niche and is generally accepted to be ridiculously cool. Her best friend is Mistoffelees and she will (literally) sing the magical cat's praises.

I know colouring wise she would fit better for Rumpleteazer, but something in the expression just screamed Tugger to me.
Ridiculously cool indeed! And while the color match isn't as perfect as Munk's, it's still pretty good!
Outfit, ex˚pression... yes, totally ridiculously cool.

And another superb color match!
(10-04-2019, 10:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ridiculously cool indeed! And while the color match isn't as perfect as Munk's, it's still pretty good!

Honestly, the colour match is much better in person that it photographed there. Not sure why it seems a bit off - I'll try again later to get a better shot of it! 

(10-05-2019, 03:40 AM)davidd Wrote: Outfit, ex˚pression... yes, totally ridiculously cool.

And another superb color match!

Tugger is just born cool, we can all only hope to match hers.

Thank you ^^ This project has really made me appreciate the colour variations in MH bodies. 

- - - 

Too Tired
[Image: 60754660_45ddea13798215f897376f1ae31e91c8_standard.jpg]
The old bear is too tired for today. Sleep is the best option, clearly.