Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
That's fascinating costume! And she seems to have a decent articulation. Very pretty doll!
Ooh! She does look very Time Lord-ish!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Congrats on the new arrival. Haven't seen the movie. Looks like an interesting outfit.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-23-2019, 05:16 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on the new arrival.  Haven't seen the movie.  Looks like an interesting outfit.

You must have read the book, though. It’s an absolute classic.
(10-23-2019, 12:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's fascinating costume! And she seems to have a decent articulation. Very pretty doll!

She seems to have a variation of the Made to Move body, which is pretty brilliant. Also seems to be the curvy body as well. 

(10-23-2019, 02:35 AM)davidd Wrote: Ooh! She does look very Time Lord-ish!

It's just very Time Lord. She's the perfect Romana.

(10-23-2019, 05:16 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on the new arrival.  Haven't seen the movie.  Looks like an interesting outfit.

It's good quality. Though all closing with Velcro, which feels odd for a collector doll but yeah.

(10-23-2019, 03:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: You must have read the book, though. It’s an absolute classic.

I haven't read the book in years. Must re-do that. 

- - - 

296: 2007 Pink Label Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch
[Image: 61328745_6532110d063cc3243981a3c80f8f27bc_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 19th October 2019

My most recent eBay win! This is from the early 2000s Pink Label collection of Wizard of Oz dolls. She's utterly gorgeous, and the first thing I notice is that the quality of her clothing is much higher than a lot of clothing now. Which is just a tiny thing, really.

She's got one of the older bodies, so click knees and a hinge joint at the elbows. I just can't believe I have her, to be honest. She's one of those ones  I've been looking at for years. The price I won her at was incredible too. Such great luck.
Love the President Romana doll - she’s more Mary Tamm than Lalla Ward though (and therefore would prefer to be called Fred smile smile )
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-22-2019, 01:58 AM)davidd Wrote: She had a vicious little ill-tempered dog that was constantly snarling and growling and biting people, too.

The dog was the true mastermind.
Congrats! She's truly charming!
Fantastic costume! I love the sheer cape and the very witchy hat!

Are those actual straw (or straw-like) bristles on the broom, as opposed to most toy witch brooms that are one-piece molded plastic?
(10-23-2019, 08:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the President Romana doll - she’s more Mary Tamm than Lalla Ward though (and therefore would prefer to be called Fred smile smile )

I've met Mary Tamm actually. She was lovely. 

(10-23-2019, 10:12 PM)fishy Wrote: The dog was the true mastermind.

And now I desperately want a story about how Toto was manipulating everything. 

(10-24-2019, 01:52 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Congrats! She's truly charming!

She's not as obviously pretty as Elphaba, but still very pretty! 

(10-24-2019, 01:55 AM)davidd Wrote: Fantastic costume! I love the sheer cape and the very witchy hat!

Are those actual straw (or straw-like) bristles on the broom, as opposed to most toy witch brooms that are one-piece molded plastic?

I need to put something in the hat to puff it out properly all the time.

Straw-like bristles - possibly paper. But bristles instead of one piece of plastic so wow! 

- - - 

297: Classic Cocktail Dress Silkstone
[Image: 61379389_1ad97eb2d4501c434424b4361f872bad_standard.jpg]
I ... actually have no idea how I managed to to get this gorgeous girl, but I did. I remember she was heavily discounted so that was a good thing, and well... she's my first Silkstone. 

Here's a thing people might not know - Silkstones are heavy. This girl - she needs a name - is one of the newer articulated girls, and her face is just... really, really stunning. I don't know what else to say.
What an elegant new arrival to The Room! Congratulations on the classy, stylish addition to your collection!
I love silkstones! I don't own any (and don't plan to), but I love their vintage faces! Congrats on your new beauty! Can't wait to see her interacting with other Room inhabitants!
Congrats on the new arrivals. At least at this display size, the witch looks cute and happy and not wicked at all. Silkstone girl is very elegant.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She looks stunningly elegant! And a beautiful face too.

Ooh, totally jealous of meeting Mary Tamm - closest I’ve ever gotten to a Dr Who person is the writer Paul Cornell. Totally star-struck & couldn’t actually say a word. Elfy thought it was hysterical as I could quite happily chat to more well-known authors at the same con. (It was Worldcon in London a few years back)

The Mary Tamm being called Fred is from her introduction where she didn’t like that the Doctor shortened her name so he offered the alternative of Fred (for the non-minutiae obsessed Dr Who fans who are reading. Also for anyone else who has no idea what I’m talking about )
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-25-2019, 02:41 AM)davidd Wrote: What an elegant new arrival to The Room! Congratulations on the classy, stylish addition to your collection!

Thank you! I just need to think up a good name for her, because... yeah she needs a name. Clarice keeps popping to mind...

(10-25-2019, 02:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love silkstones! I don't own any (and don't plan to), but I love their vintage faces! Congrats on your new beauty! Can't wait to see her interacting with other Room inhabitants!

I had never planned to own a Silkstone - they were pretty but the lack of articulation put me off. The faces always appealed though, I think I just like the vintage face a lot. And then I find out they brought out an articulated body. ... Yeaaaah. There's at least one other I would like, but these ones are not cheap. Not sure what her vibe will be just yet in the Room, but I'm sure it will come to me! 

(10-25-2019, 11:29 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on the new arrivals.  At least at this display size, the witch looks cute and happy and not wicked at all.  Silkstone girl is very elegant.

Honestly, she's got that vibe in person too. While she's not got the standarised beauty of most Barbie dolls, there's still a lot of attractive features in her face. I'm pretty sure her relatively unique sculpt could probably be a great base for repainters. And thank you! 

(10-25-2019, 12:02 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She looks stunningly elegant!  And a beautiful face too.

Ooh, totally jealous of meeting Mary Tamm - closest I’ve ever gotten to a Dr Who person is the writer Paul Cornell.  Totally star-struck & couldn’t actually say a word.  Elfy thought it was hysterical as I could quite happily chat to more well-known authors at the same con.  (It was Worldcon in London a few years back)

The vintage faces, they just seem to have a lasting appealing.

Oh she was a lovely person. Also how awesome you met Paul Cornell! I hope that con was fun - not one I've ever been too, personally. 

- - - 

298: Grizabelle, the Glamour Cat
[Image: 61419241_b048331d7fbff982bc8d316ae730480f_standard.jpg]
One of my Cats customs! She's the fancy one, LOL.