Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
I like her grippy pompoms. She looks very spirited!
She’s cute. Nice to see you collecting the whole rainbow! I love her variegated blue hair, but that style would never stay neat at my house! Does it have a lot of product in it to hold the shape? They look like really sturdy dolls.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Kick 'em in the knee-bone
Sock 'em in the jaw!
Flush 'em down the toilet!
Rah! Rah! Rah!

So happy to see a line of cheerleader dolls in this current era of "social outrage" over anything even remotely suggesting of gender differences! I hope they sell like hotcakes!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I really love all the blue she has going on, and I especially love how they didn't mix in anything else (apart from that one patch on her jacket), recognising that a  monochrome setup can still look good. More than good.

She looks enthusiastic, and the perfect little mascot for you and your club smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(03-29-2021, 01:08 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I like her grippy pompoms. She looks very spirited!
She is very upbeat! And her pom-poms are very cool!

(03-29-2021, 02:41 AM)Alliecat Wrote: love her variegated blue hair, but that style would never stay neat at my house! Does it have a lot of product in it to hold the shape? They look like really sturdy dolls.
They are really sturdy to hold & pose nicely. But wow! The amount of product in their hair is amazing! Even the straight-hair ones have incredible amounts - one of the things on their website says you should wash their hair before attempting to brush it LOL

(03-29-2021, 03:34 AM)davidd Wrote: I hope they sell like hotcakes!
Sadly, cheerleading isn’t a “thing” in Australia like it is in the US, so I don’t know how popular they will be.
Also, possibly have limited redressing possibilities as the ones I’ve seen have letters/numbers on their cheeks.

But I’m delighted with the blue one for my own self & team!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
it was a lovely day on Saturday, so Elfy & I took a road-trip along the Great Ocean Road.  we went all the way down to Cape Otway Lighthouse & back again.

we stopped along the way at The Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery Chocolate shop to have a sustaining ice cream & stock up on chocolate, and then had lunch at Apollo Bay & went to the beach.
[Image: a02cf5590bfcafb1f27eeb43204cd235.jpg]

On the way back we stopped at a different lighthouse Split Point Lighthouse so Ester could take the "traditional" selfie with the lighthouse to show Amelia  LOL
[Image: a6497bd55471b426ecd0061f76012954.jpg]

we did have to explain to Ester that it was a long way still to see Twelve Apostles so this rock stack isn't a part of them  LOL  She took a photo just in case anyway
[Image: 110d962b2c932ab33284f9ec79b85a06.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Sadly, the way things are going with the Apostles, they may have to make this one an honorary member.
Yes, those Apostles keep collapsing, don't they?

I drove that road, quite a number of years ago now. Had a marvelous time! Looks like the weather for your outing was especially fine!

The sun-halo lighthouse pic is a fun one!
Her dress is adorable!
Oh, how lovely that you live near these cool landmarks. Many years ago a penpal sent me a lovely coffee table book on the Great Ocean Road, and I've had postcards of the Twelve Apostles too. I didn't know some had collapsed.
It looks like a fantastic area for adventures.
And the photos are fun too -- I also think the dress is super cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-05-2021, 04:38 PM)davidd Wrote: Yes, those Apostles keep collapsing, don't they?

I drove that road, quite a number of years ago now. Had a marvelous time! Looks like the weather for your outing was especially fine!

The sun-halo lighthouse pic is a fun one!
I think the last one collapsed in 2013, but more will do so just from natural sea-erosion on the limestone cliffs.
And the drive was great, so beautiful all the way along with perfect weather
(the sun was just in the wrong position from the side where the lookout was, so a happy accident!)

(04-06-2021, 12:18 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Her dress is adorable!
Isn't it?  And she had a matching bag as well, not sure if you can see it though.

(04-06-2021, 11:35 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oh, how lovely that you live near these cool landmarks.  Many years ago a penpal sent me a lovely coffee table book on the Great Ocean Road, and I've had postcards of the Twelve Apostles too.  I didn't know some had collapsed.
It looks like a fantastic area for adventures.
And the photos are fun too -- I also think the dress is super cute.
Living "near" is a relative concept - we think that something is close if it's less than 200km or a couple / three hours drive.  Apollo Bay is around 220km, or just under 3 hours driving, so it's a little bit more than "near".  But it was a glorious day for a drive, and we stopped plenty of times along the way there & back.
(for comparison, the beach we go to for most of our outdoor photography is around 50km, or about 45min drive, which is nothing much to us at all).
But yes, we are very lucky where we live in Melbourne that we can travel easily to a lot of interesting landmarks - and doing dolly-photography the last couple of years has encouraged us to go see things we wouldn't normally have done.
In comparison to the beautiful weather last week, where we were in shorts & able to paddle in the sea, today has barely reached double-fgures, and has rained a lot.

Becky is wearing her new woolly hoodie & hoping the rain stops long enough to have a walk.
(I didn't knit this one, I did a wool-swap, and my swap partner knitted it for my dolls as an extra gift  Happy )

[Image: dd5c9bb83e63382446236aa59771e52c.jpg]

(the jeans are from the Rainbow High line, they're a bit big around the waist, similar to Barbie bottoms)
[Image: 522d3d9477f63a90f53ebe5b96e56e7d.jpg]
Considering that it has also hailed today, Becky is being very hopeful that it will fine up long enough for a walk.
A rainy day walk in bare feet? No point in getting her shoes and socks wet, I suppose!

The cap and sweater really are cute!
That is an adorable hoodie!