There's a new girl in town! xD
(10-04-2011, 04:25 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: your girls are gorgeous and I am so impressed, you make your own mohair wigs? That quickly? sigh ** I WISH ! LOL The 2 tone on Celsiy really suits her and I LOVE it with her skirt .. smile

Thank you sooo much! I do make my own wigs, but rarely that quickly LOL. I cut a few corners in this case because I was so excited to see it on her and I knew I wasn't going to sell it. I do hope to one day sell my wigs, but I'm actually still working on perfecting them. Aya's is prototype 1 (a little loose) and Celsiy's is prototype 2 (a little tight). I want to get it so it's a snug fit and fits perfectly around the ears and mechs Happy

(10-04-2011, 06:04 PM)Cherryfox Wrote: Do you fancy sharing HOW you made your own wig, like putting together a tutorial or something, I think it's something we'd all love to learn, and I know I for one have a ton of mohair sat round from making fimo dolls and I'd love to be able to make a pullip wig from it! x

I don't have any supplies at the moment to make a tutorial with, but I'll still try to explain my process as best as I can smile

For mohair, I actually use it while it's still connected to the soft leather. I took some cheapo craft felt and drafted a pattern. Then I sewed the pieces together and tried it on a doll to test it. I repeated that several times until I was generally happy with the fit. Then I took the pelt, traced out my pattern, and sewed everything together again by hand. Once all the pieces were together, I folded the front rim over just a tiny bit and tacked it down with leather glue so her hairline wouldn't just be an ugly raw edge.

Currently, I'm doing a time test to see if the dyed leather stains the silicone caps I have underneath. So far so good, but if staining happens in the future, then I will deem it unsafe for bare Pullip heads. Then it will be back to the drawing board to either design a wig cap to sew inside or find a source where the leather is colorfast.

Whew Sweatdrop! I hope that all made sense!
.*: Hatsune Miku ~*~ Aya ~*~ Neo Noir ~*~ Celsiy ~*~ Lunatic Queen :*.
.*: Suiseiseki ~*~ Romantic Alice ~*~ Naomi ~*~ Miku LOL ~*~ Eos :*.

[Image: 767273fjipnjefwi.gif]

Messages In This Thread
There's a new girl in town! xD - by MintyFresh - 10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: There's a new girl in town! xD - by Cherryfox - 10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
RE: There's a new girl in town! xD - by MintyFresh - 10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
RE: There's a new girl in town! xD - by Lilcurly - 10-05-2011, 05:41 AM
RE: There's a new girl in town! xD - by pigeon - 10-05-2011, 07:38 AM
RE: There's a new girl in town! xD - by vanie - 10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
RE: There's a new girl in town! xD - by KiraKira - 10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
RE: There's a new girl in town! xD - by martah - 10-06-2011, 01:16 AM