Stuck Behind Glass...
Where have all the dollies gone?

This is how it looks at my house right now. My doll shelf is like a ghost town!
Where Have All the Dollies Gone?

My home is currently sans dollies. I was asked to bring them in to work and put them on display in our library's locked, enclosed glass case. For the past year and a half, we've been featuring collections of various kinds from our patrons & staff members--every month a new display! It has been pretty steady, but this month, there was no one booked, so for the month of March, my beloved dolls are "stuck behind glass". I don't know how I feel about that...it's nice to be able to see them every now and then while I'm at work, but I'm still worried about possible damage from them falling over or something. Or stolen.
Stuck Behind Glass

From left to right--Hitomi, Yume, Shuya, Kokoro & Daito. They look like they're in a playroom...they have a cute little shelf full of their toys and they're doing a good job of leaving their playthings scattered around all across the floor. If you look really good, you'll see that Yume (PKF Luna) has returned from her spa day courtesy of Meenist. It's hard to see her new face-up, but I am totally happy with how it turned out. Better photos later, maybe.
Stuck Behind Glass--the tinies!

Rika: And I just don't know what Shann was thinking! This has to be her stupidest idea ever. I mean, I'm participating in the Pullip Favourites Swap, FFS. And my package could come at any time. How the #@*& am I supposed to get my stuff if I'm locked up in this case!?
Seiya: Rika, calm down. Has Shann ever let us down before? On second thought, DON'T answer that. I'm sure she'll think of something...right Shann?
Stuck Behind Glass--Seiya & Rika

Cloud: It's hot here in the glass case, under all the lights. I wish Shann would have dressed me more appropriately.
Tifa: Poor Cloud...you must be uncomfortable--especially since you have to stand up for the entire month! Maybe Shann can have you sit sometimes.
Stuck Behind Glass--Cloud & Tifa

Akari: It's nice that everyone can admire my kimono here at the library.
Koji: Akari-chan, I don't think it's only your kimono being admired.
Stuck Behind Glass--Akari & Koji

Koto: It's kinda nice up here on the top shelf. I don't have to worry about dust getting in my hair like at home...but I still miss being able to see Shann and her family. I wonder if they miss us at all?
Akira: I know Shann does...and maybe her little daughter does too since she said you're her favorite. I am really liking how roomy this glass case is--and I for one am going to enjoy the peace & quiet...want some sushi?
Stuck Behind Glass--Koto & Akira

Tekka-Maki: Shann forgot my zori (Japanese flip-flops) again. I'd look so much cuter in my wa-loli kimono if I had the proper footwear!
Moe: *nods in agreement*. At least Shann put shoes on me--I'm still wearing my froggy dress from the DalHouse swap from Aunty Vanie! And I'm so happy that at least we get to play Hanafuda, drink tea & eat chicken nuggets for all of March!
Stuck Behind Glass--Tekka-Maki & Moe

Kaz: OK, I dunno why I got the burger and you got the DS. That's not fair. Wanna trade?
Sho: Ummm....no, not really. This game is kinda boring anyway, you wouldn't like it. I think everyone who comes to look at us thinks I'm a girl because of my hat.
Stuck Behind Glass--Kaz & Sho

Taiyo: Why do you think Shann stuck us here on the bottom shelf away from everyone else?
Hinata: Well...you do look a little scary in your skeleton hoodie & your fiery eyes! I think she didn't want to call attention to us...I didn't realize my dress shows so much skin!
Stuck Behind Glass--Hinata & Taiyo

The display took so long to set up! When it came to the last shelf, I was so done, I pretty much just scattered things randomly on the shelf. Oh look--there's Tekka-Maki's zori!
Stuck Behind Glass

Thanks for looking!
grin
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite

Messages In This Thread
Stuck Behind Glass... - by KiraKira - 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM
RE: Stuck Behind Glass... - by captainfantastic - 03-08-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Stuck Behind Glass... - by sceimhiuil - 03-08-2013, 08:47 AM
RE: Stuck Behind Glass... - by ByronicHeroine - 03-08-2013, 08:53 AM