Atlanta Ball Jointed Doll Convention ????
(05-18-2016, 12:25 PM)TrueFan Wrote: Website says November 18-20.
http://atlantaballjointeddollconvention.com/

Looking at the workshops from last year's convention, I wish I lived closer so I could attend. They put together quite a nice list of DIY dolly stuff. If this year is similar, attendees are in for a treat.

However, visiting the other topic of this thread for a moment, I don't think this con is doing itself any favors with this language:

Quote:…This also means that we ask you to not bring any illegal doll, i.e., recast, bootleg, counterfeit, etc to the convention. Anyone that brings one to the convention will be asked to leave should we find out that you have one with you…

How exactly is anyone going to know something is a re-cast? Was nothing learned from Resin Rose? At that con a "group of people looked at the head an {sic} unanimously declared it recast"—that group of people was WRONG. What makes anyone in Atlanta think they're going to be better at identifying what is or isn't legit?

(03-26-2016, 12:45 PM)fishy Wrote: Apparently I might have been wrong about some of the details of what happened at Resin Rose. :? I just found this: http://dakashy.tumblr.com/post/117331692953/resinrose-bjd-expo-scandal

I read through the tumblr posts, including the entirety of Diario de Muñecos BJD (where I think some of the misinformation might have originated due to mistranslation), and I still think the way the con treated SakuraMatsuri was highly unprofessional.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig

Messages In This Thread
Atlanta Ball Jointed Doll Convention ???? - by RoseGirl - 09-29-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: Atlanta Ball Jointed Doll Convention ???? - by RoseGirl - 03-11-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Atlanta Ball Jointed Doll Convention ???? - by Marilyn - 05-19-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Atlanta Ball Jointed Doll Convention ???? - by Molly - 03-15-2017, 09:54 AM