New blue girl arrives ... with ... issues...
(01-15-2016, 08:14 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: You just need a little bit. Like fill up a bowl with water and add one or two spoons of vinegar....
http://www.ehow.com/how_5979118_remove-mold-suede.html
... the good thing is you don't live in a hot and humid place.
Well, it sure ain't hot sad but I'm 10 minutes' walk from salt water so it's humid enough. I'll try a bit of vinegar... I just need an uninterrupted block of time, which rarely happens, to work on her, and try to get the boots off. I wonder if a hot-water soak would work as well as the hair dryer? I'd try both.
Do you guys think it's safe to wipe HER with dilute vinegar or is that bad for plastic? Soap & water might work. I worry about getting the joints wet though, although I've seen photos of Pullips in water.

(01-15-2016, 12:19 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Be careful with any snaps or metal trim, I've rusted them in vinegar colorfasting soaks.
Good to know, thanks!

(01-15-2016, 03:45 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: I also have to say, you're very brave to have completely unboxed her. I would have probably stopped as soon as I saw those white spots!
Well, I didn't know SHE smelled or that there was stuff on the plastic, and I guess I didn't realize there was that much in the box. And with postage rates as high as they are here, sending things back is not always the first thing that comes to mind. And then of course I feel a need to rescue some of these poor dolls... I thought I was a bit germophobic but it seems some of you are a lot more concerned about mildew than I am. I guess I figure if it doesn't have the right conditions to grow, it won't spread...?
And no, they haven't replied yet. I have 2 addresses, so I'll try the other next time.
Oh, AND, the vinyl/pleather/whatever of her jacket appears to have tiny cracks in it, I guess just from being old, but I imagine very little wear would cause bigger splits. Which sucks because it's the best part of the outfit sad
It's so sad... the 5 J's on top of the piano are holding their string of Christmas lights and looking across the room at her, and poor Andi is on the end table looking back across at them from quarantine... Cry
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New blue girl arrives ... with ... issues... - by Alliecat - 01-16-2016, 11:38 AM