Miss Edith's A Doll A Week 2018 I Hope
The wide photo with the bat-bear on Flickr is a much sharper image.

Taking doll photos against a black or very dark background is very challenging. I understand your frustration. It happens to me, too, like, all the time! The camera reads the overall light in the scene, so if the scene is dark, the camera tries to compensate with a longer exposure time. You might have noticed that the "click" sound the camera makes in dark scenes is slower than it is in bright scenes. This means the camera shutter is open longer, so any camera movement will cause the image to blur. In dark scenes, it is extra-important to hold the camera absolutely rock-steady.

I used to be able to hand-hold the camera in fairly dark scenes, but that no longer seems to be the case. I am discarding about 90% of my indoor shots if I try to hand-hold them these days. I either brace the camera or my hand against something... anything... to try to get a steadier shot. A few days ago I finally went to the effort of pulling my camera tripod out of storage. I'm hoping that it will help me get sharper photos.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Miss Edith's A Doll A Week I Hope - by davidd - 01-04-2018, 02:32 AM
RE: Miss Edith's A Doll A Week 2018 I Hope - by davidd - 01-12-2018, 06:44 AM