a world of adventures [Dante goes hiking]
"... I'm unhealthy and need exercise...."

Ha ha! That's funny! It looks to me like you did all right, covering a lot of ground and capturing some great photos along the way! Outdoor doll photography is not for the weak or sickly. All that stooping and bending and kneeling and searching for dropped pieces on the ground can be a bit of a workout. You even added some climbing on rocks and trees, it looks like!

It has been a long time since I've attempted a major "outdoor hiking doll photography" outing... for the reasons listed above. Well, also because it's been cold outside. I like the idea of looking at doll photography as exercise.

The photos are all so much fun! I have a thing for doll photos featuring rocks and walls and ruins, so I'm totally loving the semi-abandoned miniature golf course pics. And that standing-on-a-stump pic is great! Getting a Pullip to stand like that is an impressive feat!

A thing that strikes me about all these photos is how relaxed and natural Dante looks. My Pullips always look stiff and toy-like. You managed to create lifelike, realistic poses without an appearance of stiffness or awkwardness. Same with your Figmas (speaking of crawling around on the ground looking for dropped pieces).

Pretty cool that you were snapping pics at the same location ten years ago. I know what you mean. Just the other day I was looking at some pictures I thought I had snapped "a few years back," and "a few years" is closer to ten or a dozen! Scary! But then, it also illustrates how playing with our dolly friends keeps us young, and the passing years cease to matter. Maybe, also, playing with and photographing our dolls is a way for us to remain fit and healthy... or to regain our fitness and health.

This was such a great post! Thank you for sharing this adventure!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: a world of adventures [Dante goes hiking] - by davidd - 02-17-2018, 11:30 AM