Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin --- Review and lots of BIG pictures!
At long last and after many sacrifices, here's my first ever 1/3 doll, Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin!

Why Kagamine Rin and not a simple and way cheaper base model? Because the base model already cost a freaking fortune and if I have to pay that kind of money for a nobody, might as well pay more for a character I deeply care about.
So is that doll worth the over 1000$CAN I had to pay for?

Let's find out!

First, let's have a look at the box. Pretty standard with the amazing original artwork of Vocaloid Kagamine Rin on the front. The rest of the box only have basic info. It's also pretty solid and is a great display piece on it's own.

[Image: HBtq6eU.jpg]
[Image: 3UaEKdX.jpg]
[Image: LFXBH22.jpg]
[Image: fsJY8HT.jpg]

The box is the "wrap around" type so you just slide it up to open it. You are greeted by the naked doll, kept secure in a plastic bag and tied in with simple nylon straps held by hooks. No twist-ties or other cheap things. She can be re-boxed at any times.

[Image: xjRjlQt.jpg]

Here's how the rest is packed under the doll. The bags and boxes are simply loose inside. But since everything is fabrics and well packed, nothing can ever be damaged in transport.

[Image: Rt6uWpQ.jpg]

Have a closer look at everything included. The wig, the accessories, and the clothes. There's papers and a water-decals sheet.

[Image: reaBFYj.jpg]

The papers include an instruction manual and an add/catalog pamphlet. (My cat say hello!)

[Image: IuCmfnP.jpg]

The catalog show how Dollfie Dreams are made and what parts can be ordered.

[Image: aYo0tmL.jpg]

The instructions show how to apply the decal and how to clothes your doll.

[Image: g7kVlwU.jpg]
[Image: ThQtFjF.jpg]
[Image: mucZu3z.jpg]

Even naked, the doll can stand very well on her own and her posability is pretty solid for something of this size.

[Image: yLOlFsn.jpg]
[Image: 8vxey4f.jpg]

Dollfie Dreams have an inner skeleton and the joints are a mix of ball joints, hinges, and pins. The integrate very well in the doll and she don't look like a robot. Even for the knees.

[Image: laDJOy0.jpg]
[Image: O0bsGwv.jpg]
[Image: mtNnfVR.jpg]

She have painted nails on her hands.

[Image: 17J1Re2.jpg]

Her face is an unique mold just for her. Her face-up is on point and her eyes are magnificent.

[Image: XjK824S.jpg]
[Image: mzwfo8m.jpg]

Applying the water-label was not easy. I messed up a few times before getting the proper instructions online. Furthermore, LEN's stickers are on the sheet as well. The wasted labels were all Len's. At least I succeeded at my first Rin.

[Image: MQ5Nwl2.jpg]

Clothing Rin was a bit worrisome because I fear clothes that could stain. No worries here because everything is double-layered with white fabrics!

[Image: qhianvH.jpg]

Finally, here's DDS Kagamine Rin in all of her glory! Most clothes attach with pressure buttons and hooks. Velcro on the arm and leg sleeves. Zipper at the back of the shoes. There's vinyl aplenty on the clothes so I just hope it's not the kind that will just rot away in a few years.
Overall, Rin look pretty STUNNING.

[Image: IbE6dFE.jpg]
[Image: prAVujV.jpg]
[Image: EzqlmfH.jpg]
[Image: STxdXI5.jpg]
[Image: 5sPPeN4.jpg]

Size comparison with the Dal version. DDS Rin is HUGE!

[Image: sbB4KKX.jpg]

DeadlyNova
She looks amazing!! I LOVE the display you have set up, it looks epic!

Thanks!
And it better be epic because she too so MUCH space. With all my collections, space is a rare commodity. It's the main reason why I'll stick to only one DD. If I ever buy Miku, she'll be in the same space but the poses will be limited and it may look a bit crowded. Maybe I'll ask my niece to bring over her big Clawdeen so that I test out the look.

EDIT:
After posing and messing around with my Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin, I found one major flaw in her design:
THOSE DAMN BLACK SLEEVE CLIPS.

[Image: agYfj2k.jpg]
Those things tend to fall off whenever I move her arms. I can't glue them on and for the fortune the doll cost, I really don't want to lose the tiniest bits. I barely see them on the doll anyway so maybe I'll just remove them and keep them safe in the box.
Edit end.

While we're at it, let's show the rest of the Kagamine Rin's shrine:

[Image: o6CQp6Q.jpg]

I my living room, I adapted part of my TV cabinet with a 10ft long DEL band. It make for a pretty effective display.

[Image: rwR8NYr.jpg]
[Image: AUdugvw.jpg]
[Image: 59zkFfa.jpg]
[Image: pjo23AO.jpg]
[Image: a3nIwuQ.jpg]
[Image: h8VjYM3.jpg]
[Image: 9OpozVH.jpg]
[Image: Pp0ykrD.jpg]

In that space, only ONE Dollfie Dream can fit in order for the space to not feel crowded. But there is another side to that cabinet and Hatsune Miku would certainly fit there...

So, final impressions. Was DDS Kagamine Rin worth the money? 1000$CAN+ is a LOT. The most I ever spent on a collectible. But the doll feel premium through and through and she's by far the most incredible collectible I ever owned. So no regrets at all amazingly. Would I recommend her? Definitely. However, for the asking price, you better get the character you truly care about. I'm pretty sure the quality will hold up for whoever.

Any comments, negative or positive, please post them below! Happy
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin --- Review and lots of BIG pictures! - by Kanrabat - 02-10-2019, 01:40 PM