Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin --- Review and lots of BIG pictures!
Thanks!

The Shrine was easy to do. I used what I already had. I removed the door from the cabinet a long time ago. All around the opening, there is a 3/4'' frame. Behind that frame I installed a 10ft DEL strip of lights. That DEL kit is relatively pricey but it's not too bad considering the convenience, the light output, and it's longevity. It even have one side that is "scotch taped" so it stick on pretty well. The key is to manage to not have any lights directly in the eye. That's why I had to "remove" a single DEL by covering it with paint. The true challenge was to empty the cabinet and relocating the stuff elsewhere.

I plan to do the exact same thing on the left side of the cabinet to have a lighted shrine for a possible Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku. But it will take a long while because before starting to save for this easily available doll, I'll absolutely have to get myself an air conditioner. I always could endured the heat so I never bought one ever. But last summer was HELL and I had enough.

Still, like for Rin, a DD Miku could come way faster than I thought, depending on if I can manage to sell some no longer wanted collectibles quickly enough and/or a used one with minor stains that is 50% less ekspensive than normal popping in at Mandrake. Seriously, Mandrake is the ONLY place to buy high-valued things like Dollfies because anything bought over there is CUSTOM-PROOF for reasons. Not having to pay 15% + 10$ in extra fees count for a lot. (ง✧ヮ✧)ง
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dollfie Dream Sister Kagamine Rin --- Review and lots of BIG pictures! - by Kanrabat - 02-10-2019, 07:05 PM