Pullip NGE Asuka Langley review --- A case of pretty BAD aging! (╯⩺Д⩹)╯︵ ┻━┻
I must say, the de-boxing and de-plugsuiting photos are quite entertaining! Carnage! Destruction! Dismemberment! That is an epic example of decomposition! The pic of the shattered plug suit in the sink is awesome!

Still, for ¥6000, or about $55 USD (plus shipping... what, another ¥3000, or $27 USD, so total price around $75 USD) I think she looks like a good deal. She looks abso-freakin'-lutely adorable in her blue schoolgirl outfit... complete with a tiny wristwatch! I'm guessing you will be able to sell the yellow summer dress and the plastic parts and recoup up to half of your investment.

Considering your interests, you might want to keep the plastic parts. They look like they would lend themselves to some kind of sci-fi Pullip-Mecha hybrid custom.

Removing the wig might not be too difficult. I usually use a blunt butter knife and gently work it around the edges under the wig cap. If the glue has aged and dried out like the suit, the wig might pop off fairly easily.

Then again, the elastic in the wig cap may have aged poorly, so the wig might not fit properly afterward; or at least, not without glue or tape.

I find that most of my Pullips have a "derpy look" when the eyes are shifted. I've resigned myself to accepting that it's just a Pullip thing. And how often would you close the eyes or shift them side to side anyway? So yeah, as you say, it's probably something you can live with, at least for now, until you find the rest of what you want for this custom.

But she's totally adorable, and I think well worth what you paid, even with just the school uniform.

Bummer about the wrist socket, but the wristwatch covers the glue seam!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pullip NGE Asuka Langley review --- A case of pretty BAD aging! (╯⩺Д⩹)╯︵ ┻━┻ - by davidd - 03-23-2019, 10:23 AM