Pullip NGE Asuka Langley review --- A case of pretty BAD aging! (╯⩺Д⩹)╯︵ ┻━┻
OH, Kanrabat, don't get me started on GROOVE's lack of quality control. I liked Jun Planning way better. I think except for the pleather (which I believe Groove still uses for Sailor Moon uniforms), Jun Planning had much, much nicer stock. You've seen Groove's latest version of Sebastian and his awful silk suit.
And glued things fall off like mad, accessories are nonexsistent or cheap, and if the wig's cheap you're just screwed. I know not all Jun Planning wigs were the nicest in feel (dry) but they at least looked like something.
(Just to clarify, my gripe on the wigs mostly stems from Luke Takamura, but there's similarities among Groove's products. And I must mention Taeyang Pluto's BRIGHT BARBIE PINK hair elastics. Groove, he was steampunk world, not Barbie in the Dreamhouse. LOL.)

All in all, they're probably similar in quality (though I'd say Groove isn't typically as nice) but there's more to the older Pullips. And I genuinely think there's something just misplaced in your Asuka. Groove dolls are the only ones I have ever had eye mech troubles with (eyes not closing).

(Asuka has a 3-part head, by the way. Kirsche is the only Type 3 exception I know of to have a 2-part head.)
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pullip NGE Asuka Langley review --- A case of pretty BAD aging! (╯⩺Д⩹)╯︵ ┻━┻ - by *NatTheCat* - 03-25-2019, 06:28 AM