Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku ( Reboot ) -- Deboxing and review.
GOT MY HATSUNE MIKU REBOOT!

Of course the box have been kicked around. Resulting in this. By principle it's bad because Volks should use hard cardboard box like Mandarake does. Not "toilet paper" soft shipping boxes.

Oh well.

[Image: AkSezSM.jpg]

Of course, the content is in pristine condition so it's all good.

[Image: 2Fd24ft.jpg]
[Image: AVCGuMp.jpg]

I applied the arm sticker. Unfortunately, I don't have any decal sealant. I'll just have to be careful until I get some.

[Image: kFw2A4t.jpg]

The Reboot body is pretty amazing and pose really well. I love those hips and the "flesh" of the doll is silky smooth.
She came with a pair of spare hands that are just the left/right versions of the ones she already have. I would have loved some "peace" or V sign hands. To be bought separately I guess.

[Image: IAGQObS.jpg]
[Image: fuL4uJy.jpg]
[Image: t6Ts4Vx.jpg]
[Image: 8Qg5JWO.jpg]
[Image: 3gCdRBz.jpg]

Miku was not too hard to dress up. Even the plastic clips were easy to put on. The fact that they are relatively big make them stay in place without popping out that the slightest touch.

[Image: S7n6urJ.jpg]
[Image: VTXLjqh.jpg]
[Image: qkITB0L.jpg]
[Image: 0tqBp93.jpg]

There's lots of small details all over her clothes.

[Image: s1pJLHN.jpg]
[Image: WKNWw1t.jpg]
[Image: KbdewT5.jpg]
[Image: h0e6egH.jpg]

Her face-up and her eyes are magnificent! The wig is a bit frizzy, but manageable without any doll hair-gel (Like they recommend using in the manual).

[Image: GWqZsAX.jpg]
[Image: eTIFNfT.jpg]

Overall, DD Hatsune Miku Reboot was well worth jumping through the hoops by ordering her from Volks USA in the event. She and DDS Kagamine Rin are making a great duo!

[Image: HMx6gbw.jpg]
[Image: tzlbWYs.jpg]
[Image: ouKbcHf.jpg]
[Image: pL7yGS4.jpg]
[Image: bO4dDQi.jpg]
[Image: 8dqjUG2.jpg]
[Image: dXjfLx3.jpg]

ordered my DDS Kagamine Rin last year from Mandarake at 80K yen plus shipping. "Used" but basically barely touched. For reasons, Canadian customs never hit Mandarake boxes so the total for Rin was around 1060$CAN total.

As for Ordering Miku at the last Volks May event... Canadian customs did obviously hit hard, as expected. 658$US plus shipping plus around 140$CAN in custom taxes. Grand total, around 1100$CAN.

So, by ordering from Volks, I paid 40$CAN more compared to a brand new Mandarake Miku at 80K yen. At least I have the Reboot version and 40$ difference at this scale is pretty much irrelevant.

TlDr; a 80K yen DD doll at Mandarake amount to the same total price as a 660$US Volks event doll.

[Image: HMx6gbw.jpg]

No regrets at all getting Miku here!

Will I ever get a 3rd Dollfie Dream? For probably but this time, it may not b a licenced character. The next one shall be a Dollfie Dream Dynamite for sure. L chest at the base minimum. Yoko from Guren Lagaan is most likely because used ones are easy to find and the price is fair despite the flaws. She will have her original clothes too. But that, may be a project for next year.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku ( Reboot ) -- Deboxing and review. - by Kanrabat - 07-10-2019, 12:50 PM