Red the travelling Dal visits Canada
Ah, the things you miss out on when you leave for holidays! But it's awesome to come back to a ton of pictures, especially ones like these! Red looks like she's having a great time with you! How long she'll stay?

All the beach photos are awesome - the beach is always a great place to be, regardless of the weather (ok, maybe with the exception of too heavy storms, when it is still coo, but can get dangerous). I really like the lighthouses too, and I'm glad your injury didn't hold you back from making the trip in the end. I hope you are healing properly!

The library looks like an awesome place to work at - and to be, especially for children and young souls. I also don't remember having such awesome stuff in our local libraries, but, then again, when I was a kid we didn't yet have internet and all this overwhelming technology to distract us from reading.

All the monarch pictures make me wish we also had them around - they look wonderful in all 3 forms they have! Alas, they aren't found here, I've only ever seen some in a butterfly house in Germany. Butterflies in general no longer seem to be that common here anymore sadly, which is strange because just a few kilometres and a border to the west, in Austria, there's a much bigger variety of them. I wonder what the difference might be... Nymphalis io, a species that used to be common-ish in my childhood, is still pretty common there, gathering in big-ish groups around certain blooming bushes, even in cities, is seldom seen here anymore, even in nature. I was squeeing at the first chrysalis picture, and the husband came over to my desk to see what was causing it. He said they look like peppers that Red is harvesting yay
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red the travelling Dal visits Canada - by Loona - 08-25-2021, 06:26 AM