There's a new girl in town! xD
Sooo... I'm kind of upset that I didn't take unboxing pictures, but ah well. Too late now wink. You all know what Celsiy looks like anyways... yay

The husb is always super sweet to take interest in my box openings even though he's not that into them himself, but I think he found it a little disconcerting when I removed her from her box and promptly started "ripping" her wig off. I'm always extremely careful, but there's always rather scary tearing sounds no matter how gentle you are LOL. I probably should have warned him wink heehee...

I got randomly inspired to make her my own right away, so practically within the hour, I customized her some new chips and a mohair wig. I didn't have enough teal and was pretty bummed until I thought to do a two-toned wig. I really love it with the white. I think it makes her look spunky and eclectic Happy

Now on to the pictures! I never thought I was a pic story type of person, but I just couldn't help it with this one. She is too stinkin' cute and her personality developed almost instantly in my mind xp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Image: 6209571150_84cf7b0ef1_z.jpg]
Celsiy: *Feels new hair* ... wow! I like it! Although I'm not gonna lie. I was a little worried before you styled it... Sweatdrop
Me: So glad you approve! Sorry it's still a little damp...

[Image: 6209037135_7077c57491_z.jpg]
Celsiy: The new eyes are so different from what I'm used to! I really like them though... blush
Me: I think you look lovely Heart. Let's teleport over to meet Aya!
Celsiy: Aya? Telep---

*TELEPORT*

[Image: 6209571164_bce3fa2b35_z.jpg]
Aya: ... Hi.
Celsiy: Eeeeeek!

[Image: 6209571178_0ed6c7a5cb_z.jpg]
Aya: Yeeeeeah, I get that a lot. I see she made you a wig too. She... really likes mohair. Here. Have some cupcake.
Celsiy: ..... *peek*
Me: I think you guys will get along just fine yay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooook, well now I feel kind of silly LOL. I'm not sure how regular of an occurrence pic stories will be for me, teehee right

But anyways... I love my new girl! I really need to start coming up with names for them other then their stock names. Also, I was surprised to discover that I actually like type 3s!

First type 3, first second hand doll, first pictures uploaded to my flickr, and first pic story! Lots of firsts! YAY! Happy

~ Minty

Ps. Sorry for the iffy picture quality. The lighting in my house after dark is pretty much terrible xp
.*: Hatsune Miku ~*~ Aya ~*~ Neo Noir ~*~ Celsiy ~*~ Lunatic Queen :*.
.*: Suiseiseki ~*~ Romantic Alice ~*~ Naomi ~*~ Miku LOL ~*~ Eos :*.

[Image: 767273fjipnjefwi.gif]
I LOVE your customizations!! The two-tone is really unique. wink I see lots of great photos in this one's future!
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
(10-04-2011, 02:44 PM)sceimhiuil Wrote: I LOVE your customizations!! The two-tone is really unique. wink I see lots of great photos in this one's future!

Thanks so much blush! The wig kind of reminds me of a colorful, cuter, non-evil version of Cruella de Vil's hair, haha xD! These are the first pictures I've ever taken of Pullip dolls. I think I'm addicted. They're so extremely photogenic! The pictures practically take themselves! Love xp

your girls are gorgeous and I am so impressed, you make your own mohair wigs? That quickly? sigh ** I WISH ! LOL The 2 tone on Celsiy really suits her and I LOVE it with her skirt .. smile
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Do you fancy sharing HOW you made your own wig, like putting together a tutorial or something, I think it's something we'd all love to learn, and I know I for one have a ton of mohair sat round from making fimo dolls and I'd love to be able to make a pullip wig from it! x
At Home*Kira (Akoya),____Kayleigh (Full custom by Myufish)____Kara (Kirsche)*
Oh my goodness, those wigs... Rawr!
My dolls:Samara (Sfoglia), Mara (Custom), Corey (Seiran), Shizu (Yuki), Anomaly (Lunatic Alice), Aiden (Naomi), Sadie (Zuora),
Crimson (Lunatic Queen), Amalia (Elisabeth), Bloody Mary (Mir), Lana (Eos), Jareth (Sebastian), Dante (Butler), Tarja (Tiphona), Cassidy (Jaldet), Elliott (Naomi), Snookie (Chelsea), Lazulie (Another Alice), Silence (Regen Noir)
(10-04-2011, 04:25 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: your girls are gorgeous and I am so impressed, you make your own mohair wigs? That quickly? sigh ** I WISH ! LOL The 2 tone on Celsiy really suits her and I LOVE it with her skirt .. smile

Thank you sooo much! I do make my own wigs, but rarely that quickly LOL. I cut a few corners in this case because I was so excited to see it on her and I knew I wasn't going to sell it. I do hope to one day sell my wigs, but I'm actually still working on perfecting them. Aya's is prototype 1 (a little loose) and Celsiy's is prototype 2 (a little tight). I want to get it so it's a snug fit and fits perfectly around the ears and mechs Happy

(10-04-2011, 06:04 PM)Cherryfox Wrote: Do you fancy sharing HOW you made your own wig, like putting together a tutorial or something, I think it's something we'd all love to learn, and I know I for one have a ton of mohair sat round from making fimo dolls and I'd love to be able to make a pullip wig from it! x

I don't have any supplies at the moment to make a tutorial with, but I'll still try to explain my process as best as I can smile

For mohair, I actually use it while it's still connected to the soft leather. I took some cheapo craft felt and drafted a pattern. Then I sewed the pieces together and tried it on a doll to test it. I repeated that several times until I was generally happy with the fit. Then I took the pelt, traced out my pattern, and sewed everything together again by hand. Once all the pieces were together, I folded the front rim over just a tiny bit and tacked it down with leather glue so her hairline wouldn't just be an ugly raw edge.

Currently, I'm doing a time test to see if the dyed leather stains the silicone caps I have underneath. So far so good, but if staining happens in the future, then I will deem it unsafe for bare Pullip heads. Then it will be back to the drawing board to either design a wig cap to sew inside or find a source where the leather is colorfast.

Whew Sweatdrop! I hope that all made sense!

You will start to sell wigs? That's awesome, I was hoping for that LOL
My dolls:Samara (Sfoglia), Mara (Custom), Corey (Seiran), Shizu (Yuki), Anomaly (Lunatic Alice), Aiden (Naomi), Sadie (Zuora),
Crimson (Lunatic Queen), Amalia (Elisabeth), Bloody Mary (Mir), Lana (Eos), Jareth (Sebastian), Dante (Butler), Tarja (Tiphona), Cassidy (Jaldet), Elliott (Naomi), Snookie (Chelsea), Lazulie (Another Alice), Silence (Regen Noir)
Cute! do you have a link to your flickr? smile
[Image: dasdadasdadadasd.png]
I love your girls! & your aya is gorgeous! <33 You should definitely post pictures of her in pictionary, so other people can see how awesome she looks customised smile She's a very under appreciated doll I think.

She's lovely, congrats! Love her dual color wig smile
Thank you so much, everyone! yay

(10-04-2011, 07:58 PM)Little_Spark Wrote: You will start to sell wigs? That's awesome, I was hoping for that LOL

Really?? I wasn't sure that anyone would even be interested! I figured that they were so popular that everyone would already have a preferred source to get them. So that's good to know, thank you! I'll keep you posted yay

(10-05-2011, 05:06 AM)SavannahFaerie Wrote: Cute! do you have a link to your flickr? smile

Yup! Here you go! Not much there yet though Sweatdrop. Hopefully I'll be able to find my battery charger tonight! smile

(10-05-2011, 05:41 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: I love your girls! & your aya is gorgeous! <33 You should definitely post pictures of her in pictionary, so other people can see how awesome she looks customised smile She's a very under appreciated doll I think.

Thank you very much! I will post some pics as soon as I find my battery charger and/or spare battery yay. I agree that she is under appreciated. A new wig and chips do WONDERS for her LOL

(10-05-2011, 08:01 AM)MintyFresh Wrote: Thank you so much, everyone! yay

(10-04-2011, 07:58 PM)Little_Spark Wrote: You will start to sell wigs? That's awesome, I was hoping for that LOL

Really?? I wasn't sure that anyone would even be interested! I figured that they were so popular that everyone would already have a preferred source to get them. So that's good to know, thank you! I'll keep you posted yay

(10-05-2011, 05:06 AM)SavannahFaerie Wrote: Cute! do you have a link to your flickr? smile

Yup! Here you go! Not much there yet though Sweatdrop. Hopefully I'll be able to find my battery charger tonight! smile

(10-05-2011, 05:41 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: I love your girls! & your aya is gorgeous! <33 You should definitely post pictures of her in pictionary, so other people can see how awesome she looks customised smile She's a very under appreciated doll I think.

Thank you very much! I will post some pics as soon as I find my battery charger and/or spare battery yay. I agree that she is under appreciated. A new wig and chips do WONDERS for her LOL

Added you as a contact! I have a Celsiy too! grin She was my first and I definitely agree she is so underrated! grin

[Image: dasdadasdadadasd.png]
Your wigs look so awesome! smile Both of your girls look adorable and so very unique. smile
+ Current Feedback ~ click!
I love how your girls look! Definitely original and spunky and so cute! How amazing that you make your own mohair wigs...I'm truly impressed, and I'm sure you'll have no problem selling them once you start.

smile
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite