Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-rooting Questions
I was wondering if anyone around here does re-rooting. I really want to get a Dead Tired Dracularua and re-root her in blue, purple and pink. I want too practice first though. I have some bratz dolls that came with some clothes I wanted, and am willing to practice on them, but I'm looking for a site that gives a few tips.

I've got the basics down. I know how to remove the old hair, where to buy new hair, and how to put it in. I would like to know how to make parts and how to style the hair once it's in. If you know any sites, or have practice in this yourself, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
Dollyhair.com gave me some really helpful tips. I've done it a few times before and it's really easy, just a little time-consuming. smile
Have
Tatianna (Uncanricky), Kittie (Naomi), Omega/Mini-Me (Grell), Alys (Yeolume), Priscilla (Eris), Grell (Male Grell), Nanachan (Nanachan), Sebastianne (Stica), Natalie (Natalie), Sylvie Valentine (Premium Pullip Veritas Crimson Version), Strawberry Rose (Siry), Karen (Karen), Marie (Marie), Angela (Cheshire Cat Steampunk), Alice (Optical Alice), Noir (Regen Noir), Jeanne (Jeanne)
Want
Pullip Alura, Pullip Elizabeth Always on the hunt for Re-Ment
Did you spring for the re-rooting tool or did you use needle and thread? I'm worried that I should have just bought the tool.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
I sprung for the tool, which is essentially a really long needle. Given the size and shape of Lala's head, I'd just as soon use any regular old needle.
Have
Tatianna (Uncanricky), Kittie (Naomi), Omega/Mini-Me (Grell), Alys (Yeolume), Priscilla (Eris), Grell (Male Grell), Nanachan (Nanachan), Sebastianne (Stica), Natalie (Natalie), Sylvie Valentine (Premium Pullip Veritas Crimson Version), Strawberry Rose (Siry), Karen (Karen), Marie (Marie), Angela (Cheshire Cat Steampunk), Alice (Optical Alice), Noir (Regen Noir), Jeanne (Jeanne)
Want
Pullip Alura, Pullip Elizabeth Always on the hunt for Re-Ment
ByronicHeroine, don't worry! You'll probably be fine! Lots of people (including me grin) don't use tools.

For rooting patterns, take a look at your existing dolls and see how they are rooted. (LOL COP-OUT ANSWER)
There's also Milkshake Melody's Rooting Patterns
Dolly Care's Rooting Patterns
Flintback (Japanese) (7th link down to get to the Lab, then first link in to see the patterns. After that it goes Bangs, Basic Pattern, Ponytail, Pigtails)
Thank you! This is really helpful, and exactly what I had been looking for. I've been practicing some, and aside from breaking needles like crazy, it's going pretty well. This will really help me when I get to Draculaura though. Thanks!
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Hi! the other day I found this website which shows a nice guide for rerooting:

http://amberhoney.tumblr.com/post/254688...repair-tip

hope this is useful smile
Ah! The Loctite Flexible! I've been wanting to try that. Someone suggested silicone way back, I tried it and it just peeled right off. It sounds like the Loctite really works, though. I've heard you can even root through the glued parts *_*
So, to answer my own questions, I started to reroot a doll yesterday. I have a second hand Classroom Lagoona who was suffering from some major glue residue problems. I'll try and keep you guys posted and get some pictures soon.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity