Saras, aka Galatea: Some photo spam
Saras was my very first Pullip. I bought her because of her emerald green mermaid hair, which is the most luxurious color. However, her stock wig is pretty bad quality, basically like Cornice's but a different color. I originally bought the fur wig she's wearing from Sunny's World as a "backup" wig for Cornice -- but I put it on Galatea, my Saras, just for fun, and it stuck! She loves it!

In my dollhouse, Galatea works as a royal aide to Cigne, my Prunella. She has two younger siblings (Zebo, my Isul Mad Hatter, and Paloma, my Dal Maretti) that she is responsible for; their parents' whereabouts are unknown. Galatea is in a relationship with Tamsen, my Pullip Assa. (I will post cute couple photos of them soon!)

Galatea is not my prettiest Pullip, but she's by far one of my favorite girls to photograph because she's so darn cute in her new pink wig.

I hope you enjoy these photos. Heart

[Image: 9636424350_17e8157aa0_z.jpg]
Pullip Saras by vadafade, on Flickr

[Image: 9633189581_b3bd374e04_z.jpg]

[Image: 9633191487_fe0ee61d57_z.jpg]
Pullip Saras, relaxing by vadafade, on Flickr

[Image: 9633173597_ceec99f08d_z.jpg]

[Image: 9633171579_c9abd87e80_z.jpg]

And here's one with the contrast blown out just for fun:

[Image: 9633168057_63b7d811bf_z.jpg]
Pullip Saras: Contrast blown out, just for fun smile by vadafade, on Flickr
Nice photos. Wouldn't have thought about using a pink wig on a Saras, but it works.
ED: I like the name Galatea- is that a mythological reference, to the statue lady? :?

(08-31-2013, 08:16 PM)vadafade Wrote: Saras was my very first Pullip. I bought her because of her emerald green mermaid hair, which is the most luxurious color. However, her stock wig is pretty bad quality, basically like Cornice's but a different color....

Okay, this makes me feel better about not buying her. (The wig was my main reason...)
Thanks, fishy! I like that wig on her, too. (But most importantly, she likes it, hehe!)

Nope, her namesake is Neptune's moon Galatea. smile The way I arrived at that one went something like this: Saras's original wig = "mermaid" > ocean > water gods > Neptune > planet > moon > Galatea.
I wouldn't have thought she could pull off the hot pink color, either. I actually have that same fur and I haven't really found that it suits anyone I have. Although my Venus has been wearing it while she waits for me to get around to doing something else for her.
Thanks, CB. I think the wig helps bring out her purple-bordeaux eyes, which get totally lost when she's wearing her stock wig -- they look muddy brown in her promo photos!

I think Venus would look pretty cute in that wig. smile
I love this wig on her. Saras was on my wish list for forever before I found her in the dented box list. She may not be the prettiest Pullip, but I think Pretty Pullips are over-rated anyway. It's good to see someone get her look so right. She's far cooler than mine. Although, both Galatea and Arati have girlfriends.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
(09-03-2013, 02:57 PM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: I love this wig on her. Saras was on my wish list for forever before I found her in the dented box list. She may not be the prettiest Pullip, but I think Pretty Pullips are over-rated anyway. It's good to see someone get her look so right. She's far cooler than mine. Although, both Galatea and Arati have girlfriends.

I can't believe I only just saw your sweet reply! Thank you so much, Byronic. I had no idea that wig was going to look so good on Saras -- it was totally a happy accident.

That's cool that your Arati is queer, too. wink
She's so cute! *Has a soft spot in her heart for dolls with pink hair* And I love her outfit. Just wondering if you have a hard time photographing her sometimes with the vibrancy of her pink hair. I know I sometimes have trouble with my rewigged Celsiy, Payton and her hot pink hair.
Penelope (Nero), Esme (Papin), Payton (Celsiy), Shelby (Lizbel), Mason (Neo Noir), Aggie (Mercu), Cricket (Heiwa), Lucian (Ni-Ya), Theo (Rayne), Daisy (Dumbo), Iggy (Fanatica), Willow (China China)
My Flickr
She really does rock that wig! Especially with the cute little pigtails smile

Awwh, thank you so much, guys! Heart You are too kind.

(09-20-2013, 05:02 PM)lyricsoul Wrote: Just wondering if you have a hard time photographing her sometimes with the vibrancy of her pink hair. I know I sometimes have trouble with my rewigged Celsiy, Payton, and her hot pink hair.

You know, it depends on the lighting and ISO settings I've chosen on my camera, and what the light is like outside when I'm taking photos. Most of the time when I'm photographing Galatea, I feel like I'm constantly just barely preventing the vividness of her hair from blowing out the contrast and the exposure levels and totally washing out her skin as a result. (That's actually what prompted me to do the full contrast blow-out in the last photo, lol.)