I think I'm improving! Update 2/20/2017
I felt really bored with the way I usually set up my photos for my dolls, so today I decided I would try something a little different with them! I remembered how my friend said how she sometimes uses her clothes as backdrops for her dolly photos, so I thought I'd give that a shot, and I came out with two of the best pictures I have ever taken so far!

This is one of Rosalina....
[Image: Model%20Rosalina_zpsty731l1a.jpg]

And this one is of Primrose! I used my wedding dress for this one! xD

[Image: FullSizeRender_zpsfvsbppto.jpg]

I'm just really happy with the way they turned out! I feel these pictures are such a big improvement from the ones I usually take, and because of that I just really wanted to share them here! yay
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

both photos are gorgeous Heart 2 I wish I could improve my photography, but no energy for it these days. I'm lucky I get to look at everyone else's pretties grin
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Thank you! yay I'm really happy that you think so! smile I know how that can be, but I do hope you feel better soon and get your energy back so you'll be able to take as many photos of your collection as you want! yay I know I'd love to see! I really enjoy looking at everyone else's lovely dolls, too! They're what help inspire me to try to do even better!
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

I like how your photos turned out! I think your clothes made a beautiful backdrop--especially the wedding dress. smile Your girls look gorgeous.
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Yep, a little drapery behind can make a good setting. I've used shirts & scrap fabric.
Nice colour choices. Everything matches smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Beautiful x 2 ! I wish I had gotten Sfoglia before she sold out sad

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

- The Girls -
Veritas My Melody x 2 Hello Kitty x 2
Nina Chill x 2 Papin Fanatica Nana Chan
Greggia Nahh-Ato x 4 Ddalgi Stella Sfoglia
Lunatic Queen x 2 Peter Pan '14 Kirakishou Nanette
La Robe Vert Clair Favorite Ribbon Prupate x 2
Yeolume x 2 Puki JouJou x 2 Maretti
Sucre Chanti Heart Macaron

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

>> Click to add me on Flickr <<
>> Click to add me on Tumblr <<

(02-09-2015, 06:25 PM)KiraKira Wrote: I like how your photos turned out! I think your clothes made a beautiful backdrop--especially the wedding dress. smile Your girls look gorgeous.

Aww, thanks! yay I have so many dresses and gowns that I don't really get to wear very much, if at all, so it's nice to be able to use them in this way rather than keeping them hung up in the closet! LOL

(02-09-2015, 07:54 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Yep, a little drapery behind can make a good setting. I've used shirts & scrap fabric.
Nice colour choices. Everything matches smile

It does. smile I can't believe I didn't try it out sooner! It was just the change I needed for my photos, I think. I'll definitely be using more of my dresses and other clothes from now on. :3 And thank you lots! yay

(02-09-2015, 08:48 PM)Chihiro Wrote: Beautiful x 2 ! I wish I had gotten Sfoglia before she sold out sad
Thank you. :3 And I'm so sorry that you missed out on her! D: I hope she pops up randomly on PullipStyle or JPGroove again! It coud happen. smile

*Sprites made by me*

The shot of Rosalina is stunning! Looks like something you'd see in a glamorous magazine!
Both shots are so pretty~
|My Tumblr||My Flickr||My Facebook|
Keep Moving Forward
Very pretty pictures and dolls! I really like their names too. I also sometimes use clothes or even pillows to get some nice backgrounds. Also scrap-booking papers come in pretty patterns and bigger sets can be used for Pullips. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
They are both really gorgeous! I love that you have a doll called Primrose; I have a BJD called Primrose after my childhood imaginary friend grin
Very pretty! I pick up the occasional remnant at the fabric store to use as backdrops. They're usually discounted over the regular/by the yard price.
(02-09-2015, 10:07 PM)oonyaoo Wrote: The shot of Rosalina is stunning! Looks like something you'd see in a glamorous magazine!
Both shots are so pretty~

Aww~! Thank you so much! blush I was trying my best to get it to look that way, so that makes me extremely happy! x3 I actually have avoided taking pictures of her for a little while now because I really wanted to do her justice and show just how pretty she is, and I felt that anything less than glamorous wouldn't do, especially with a character like her that's all about the lavish lifestyle!

(02-10-2015, 01:07 AM)martah Wrote: Very pretty pictures and dolls! I really like their names too. I also sometimes use clothes or even pillows to get some nice backgrounds. Also scrap-booking papers come in pretty patterns and bigger sets can be used for Pullips. smile

Thank you lots~! Happy I really like your idea of using pillows and scrapbook paper. yay I normally use colored construction paper, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem big enough and because I'm so limited on space with it, it makes it a bit harder to take photos at times, especially if I want to take pictures of more than two dolls at once! @_@ So I may try to look for scrapbook paper soon in bigger sizes, and it sounds like it would be much prettier than what I have been using. :3

(02-10-2015, 08:48 AM)Severity Wrote: They are both really gorgeous! I love that you have a doll called Primrose; I have a BJD called Primrose after my childhood imaginary friend grin

Thank you. grin And that's so cool! She must be one special doll! yay Did you model your Primrose's looks off of how you envisioned your childhood imaginary friend to be too? It would be really amazing if you did!

(02-10-2015, 10:06 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Very pretty! I pick up the occasional remnant at the fabric store to use as backdrops. They're usually discounted over the regular/by the yard price.

Thanks so much! yay I think that's a great idea! It's really awesome that you can get so much for a good price, too. smile I wish I knew of a place out here that sold fabric at a good price. You would think for as long as I've been here already, I would know where to find a craft store, but maybe I need to keep a sharper eye out for one. ^^;

*Sprites made by me*

My Primrose was a green faerie type; all I know is that when I was browsing BJDs I saw this one and thought Primrose and bought her without a second thought.

I was inspired and used a dress as backdrop for my quick photoshoot today!
Beautiful photos of beautiful dolls. The draping looks really nice. I'm jealous of your Rosalina, but Primrose looks so divine in that shot. Also Kudos for Pink wedding dress! (Mine was pale pink and cream.)
My DM Feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7256302

My Ebay Feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=asciisensei&ftab=AllFeedback&items=25
(02-11-2015, 03:42 AM)Severity Wrote: My Primrose was a green faerie type; all I know is that when I was browsing BJDs I saw this one and thought Primrose and bought her without a second thought.

I was inspired and used a dress as backdrop for my quick photoshoot today!

Wow, she sounds lovely! Heart And it's wonderful how you came across the perfect doll to create her, too! I love stories like that! yay It's like it was just meant to be! :3

And yay! grin That's great! I may have seen the photo, if it was the picture of Gertrude and Regan that you posted in the Show your new doll! thread! I really love that picture. :3

(02-11-2015, 10:45 AM)Kyubi09 Wrote: Beautiful photos of beautiful dolls. The draping looks really nice. I'm jealous of your Rosalina, but Primrose looks so divine in that shot. Also Kudos for Pink wedding dress! (Mine was pale pink and cream.)

Thank you so much! yay I feel really lucky to have Rosalina, because I probably wouldn't even have her if it wasn't for my brother! He apparently REALLY liked her when I showed him a listing of her months ago. She must have left a big impression on him, because I expected him to completely forget about her, only to find that he got her for me as a Christmas gift. xD

And yay! I love it when wedding dresses have some color to them, especially if they happen to be pink! x3 Your dress sounds like it was extremely beautiful! :3

Here's a funny story about my dress... When my husband and I were just a week away from our wedding day and were in the midst of preparations, we decided to pay his grandmother a visit since we were in the area. She was really excited about the wedding and was curious about the details. First she asked me what the wedding cake looked like, and I told her that there wasn't really a wedding cake, but a whole bunch of cupcakes. She looked a bit surprised over that, but then went on to ask about the dress, wondering if it would be white or off white, and I proudly announced that it was pink! What was left of her smile had immediately disappearded at that moment and she looked as if she nearly had a heart attack! xD I felt so bad because she's such a sweet lady, and I hadn't known that she was so big on tradition, but everything was fine in the end, and once she saw the dress, she really liked it. :3

On a separate note, I just realize it may be nice to compare some of my earlier pictures to my most recent ones! I just made a post on my tumblr yesterday showing my very first pictures to the ones I just took a couple of days ago to show my progress! If any of you are interested in looking at it, you can find it here!

*Sprites made by me*