PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Apr. 27)
(02-15-2021, 09:37 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I tend to go by the Latin names for many of mine as well.  People will say "no, it's a [common name]" and I'm like "NO, it's a [Latin name]."  LOL 

This. So very much this. And I've also stopped caring about being labelled 'snob' as a result. LOL

I totally agree about how it isn't the same when you have green on the outside - though conifers are among my favourite outside plants, so I'd totally be OK with the setup you have over there. Sadly, our height above sea level and the resulting climate result in mostly oak/similar deciduous forests here, conifers are a small minority among all the other trees that seasonally shed their leaves. Seeing the leaves turn green and fall has always made me depressed, so other than their lovely appearance and often deep green foliage, I'm sure conifers have won another good point in my book by being evergreen. Plus I adore how they look surrounded by snow.

That photo is adorable! I love how they gaze tenderly at one another.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (snow, Feb. 10) - by Loona - 02-19-2021, 06:59 AM