PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Mar. 27)
Some kit lenses aren't that bad, and I think they are actually getting better - but yeah, it depends on the purpose. They certainly shouldn't be used for portraits (of dolls or people), and they certainly aren't good at focusing at small objects, but some are nice for "running around a new city taking pictures of whatever you see and like"-type of photos. This one - and the previous one that broke - is perfectly OK for that, and I like the ability to zoom (it's a 18-140mm), and under these circumstances I'm OK to compromise with a 3.5 aperture. I definitely wouldn't be OK with that for my doll or object photos - I love me some bokeh, so my 35mm lens comes with an 1.8 aperture - the 1.4 version was awfully expensive in comparison, and to be honest, I don't use 1.4 all that much on my 50mm which does have it (and was also awfully ex-pensive, but I got a good deal).

I'm pretty sure I could mail it to them, but I haven't looked into that. (Here goes my lazy convenient bum-self again Tongue ) living in the middle of the capital city, I'm just not used to, nor comfortable with having to pay for shipping. I purchase 99% of my local purchases with local pickup, because I love to run around in the city with public transport (time is money, I know, but it's great me-time for me to walk and travel around with music on/in my ears), and I get grumpy when I have to pay shipping costs on a non-international (and non-personal) purchase - it usually makes me move on and purchase the item from elsewhere where local pickup is offered. Hungary is unbelievably capital-centered (which actually isn't good for the people or for the economy...), so I rarely encounter stuff that cannot be purchased in my city with local pick-up.

Thanks for the tip - and actually that's exactly what my brother-in-law showed me back then: take a paper with clear markings, take photos, and test where I focus and where it actually is sharp, and then... well, move the focal point somehow. I'm sure there are tutorials out there, I just need to get my lazy bum down to look at one and follow it.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new March 17) - by Loona - 03-19-2021, 09:45 PM