PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Apr. 27)
She's flying! Flitting about! Fluttering! Hovering!

That is so cool! Why, you could totally bamboozle Sir Arthur Conan Doyle with those amazing pictures!

And just look at that rich velvety saturated redness of the red flower... and of Red... or at least, of the red streaks in her hair.

Super gloriously fun pix!

Send the fairies to let the air out of the construction company's tires.

And start packing your stuff.

When I decided I wanted to move to Hawaii, after my first vacation there, I never even fully unpacked my suitcase after returning. And even though I didn't know how or when I would be moving, I started packing my stuff. Things I knew I wanted to keep, but which I wouldn't need right away, I started packing in boxes and tubs and labeling the tubs with a brief description and the date.

Seriously, I just opened one of those boxes, dated August 1999, last week. It had art supplies in it. I shipped that heavy box from Oregon to Hawaii, never once opened it, and shipped it again from Hawaii to Utah.

It would have been far cheaper to simply toss everything and buy new art supplies.

To my surprise, however, both the acrylic and the oil paints are as good as the day they were purchased.

But there was a lot of heavy art paper and blank canvas boards in that box. Canvas boards are as cheap as a buck apiece now at the Dollar Tree. Some of the paper, in all manner of weird sizes, is okay, and some has yellowed or curled.

That box wasn't worth shipping. Or I could have it the paints in a shoe box rather than in a ginormous banana box.

'Kay, anyway, the point is, if you really wanna get out of there, if you're serious about getting out of there, start packing and start purging.

I know it's hard. All the family stuff. Parents' stuff. I have half a storage shed full of stuff I hauled home from my mom's house after she passed away a couple of years ago. I haven't opened a single box. It all brings back waves of memories from when I was a kid, and it's almost impossible for me to let go.

But I know I have to. At some point. Sell some. Donate some. Toss some. Keep a little bit.

If I were to move, it would be absurd to try to move it all. And if I moved it, it would sit in boxes forever, until I'm gone and somebody comes in, looks it over, and tosses it all in to a dumpster.

I want to apply the I'm-gonna-move mindset to my own stuff. The wind is blowing like nobody's business here in Utah today, and after being back for a month, I'm sick of that wind. And sick of the cold.

Florida is too crowded. I don't wanna stay there, necessarily, either. I don't know where I wanna go or what I wanna do, but I wanna spend this summer getting ready to do something; something different that what I'm doing now.

Anyway, I think once you have a definite goal or objective in mind, there's something to the "visualization" thing. The visualization thing is more effective if there's some action to back it up. I kept a cocoanut on top of my unpacked suitcase after that Hawaii trip. I took that cocoanut back to Hawaii when I moved. And when moving time came... okay, packing up was a nightmare, but it wasn't a complete horror show because I already had a lot of stuff ready to go, and had boxes and tubs ready for most of the rest of it. And my suitcase was already half packed!

Are you gonna take that piano with you when you move? All those vhs tapes and CDs and DVDs?

That reminds me -- I must have three tubs of CDs buried in the back of the storage shed somewhere. Time to rip 'em all to digital and dump the three tons of discs that I haven't looked at in the almost 8 years I've been in Utah and the several years prior to that I was too busy in Hawaii to bother with 'em.

O' course, I look at the magical fairy pics and I see why you want to stay put. Hoping to recapture the magic.

Is there anyplace else on Da Island you would consider moving to?

Have you researched "comps" to get an idea of what you could reasonably expect to clear if you sold your current house?

You have to set aside what's gone awry with where you're living if you want to sell your house. Most people, it seems, prefer to live where there are neighbors and activity. I'm watching the people across the valley from where I live -- watching them from my lofty perch on a hilltop -- and marveling at how they build their houses right next to one another even though they are on 5 and 10 acre lots. I see that one of the "new" houses is for sale. I wonder if the owner got annoyed when the person who bought the lot next to him built his ginormous house DIRECTLY IN FRONT of his, blocking his formerly unimpeded view of the red cliffs? Similar situation to yours, I suppose; no control over what adjoining land owners might do. And whatever the adjoining land owners will do, guaranteed it will be as intrusive and obnoxious as possible.

Ahhh... but fairies among the mosses! Not all the magic is gone.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (May 2) - by davidd - 05-04-2023, 06:36 AM