My Smart Doll! :D box opening
I recently got my first Smart Doll from Danny Choo's online store. I've been wanting one of these cuties for a while but they were at the upper limits of my price range, so it took a while to save ^^; but she was worth the wait! Dispatched less than 24 hours after I ordered from Culture Japan, and in my hands 7 days later. Can't fault that speedy service!!

I chose Ebony, the tanned twin with green eyes grin

[Image: QJmgqDq.jpg?1]

10/10 for packing! All Smart Dolls come with a free tote bag, as you can see here on top. Also included are Moekana cards to help teach you Japanese!

[Image: E67iE4Q.jpg?1]

Smart Dolls are packed kneeling within the tote bag to reduce shipping size and keep them all snug and safe! You can see the top of her head there. Beside her is her box of goodies smile

[Image: UiLk9D8.jpg?1]

Here you can see her optional hands, wig, t-shirt, tote bag and telescopic stand. Danny also includes a small piece of test vinyl. Time for the big moment!

[Image: vYpCTMS.jpg?1]

Whaa, she's huge! And so, so pretty TT____TT She's my first ever 1/3 size doll, as well as my first vinyl. This is a learning curve! xD I love her eyes, they make her seem like she's alive.

[Image: 5MXdJ1g.jpg?1]

Well, how do you do? grin She's so light...I think she's lighter than my MSDs! And she holds a pose so well!

[Image: ApJP6Tn.jpg?1]

I tried a couple of Pullip wigs on her for fun. Hey, she's kinda cute as a blonde!

[Image: rmry5yu.jpg?1]

9-10 wigs are loose on her. She has a smaller head than a Pullip. Hm, I think I preferred the blonde wig...

[Image: IRopsH3.jpg?1]

That's Pullip Akemi's stock hat. To give you an idea of the size of her head, the only member of the Pullip family this hat has ever stretched onto is Yeolume!

[Image: 9fByh4E.jpg?1]

Enough playing around! here's her stock look. The dark brunette really compliments her blushy sunkissed skin, I think.

[Image: ZaSnGyx.jpg?1]

Here she is! Wearing her stock shirt, plus a cardigan I picked from Nine9 Style. Greens really suit this girl. Please ignore the photobombing Pullips in the background... xD

[Image: Ue77MDQ.jpg?1]

And one last shot in the setting sun. I couldn't do a full body shot or take her outside properly because the poor dear only had panties on her lower half!

This pretty lady hadn't revealed her name to me yet, but she instantly provided it once I changed her wig. More to come...

For now, thanks for viewing! grin
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
Gorgeous choice! Love her complexion. Congratulations!
Congrats! How cool to finally get a doll you've been saving for. She is really cute. I like the blonde too.
Looking forward to some photos of her adventures smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She is very pretty. I look at his Flickr photos and dream about the day I get one. Congratulationssmile she is perfect
Congrats! She's really cute! These dolls are very interesting.
Wow, she's awesome!
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
Congrats! I really want her or her Ivory twin...if I could just stop buying other dolls and save my money... :p
Congrats! She is adorable and the clothes you selected for her match so well.
Vinyl dolls are a dream to handle and pose, have lots of fun with her. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
(10-16-2016, 01:37 AM)renlee83 Wrote: Gorgeous choice! Love her complexion. Congratulations!

Thank you! yes, mocha complexion dolls are really rare in the Pullip world, so I was happy that Danny Choo made one of the first Smart Dolls a lovely tan colour smile

(10-16-2016, 03:37 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats! How cool to finally get a doll you've been saving for. She is really cute. I like the blonde too.
Looking forward to some photos of her adventures smile

Thank you! She will have lots of adventures, and I will be there with a camera to document them all wink

(10-16-2016, 09:55 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: She is very pretty. I look at his Flickr photos and dream about the day I get one. Congratulationssmile she is perfect

Thank you! Aw, haha I know that feeling, staring at his Flickr was my favourite thing to do when I discovered these dollies wink I hope the day when you get one can come soon! Heart

(10-16-2016, 12:23 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Congrats! She's really cute! These dolls are very interesting.

Thank you, CB! They sure are. I haven't tried to turn her into a mobile charger yet, but there's time xD

(10-16-2016, 01:35 PM)sceimhiuil Wrote: Wow, she's awesome!

Thanks! Heart

(10-16-2016, 04:52 PM)Severity Wrote: Congrats! I really want her or her Ivory twin...if I could just stop buying other dolls and save my money... :p

Thanks, Sev! I wish you luck saving up...and I know how you feel ^^; I 'slipped' twice while saving for this girl, once for a Blythe and once for an Isul. It's very hard, haha. But honestly these dolls are such beautiful quality, definitely worth it! smile

(10-16-2016, 09:50 PM)martah Wrote: Congrats! She is adorable and the clothes you selected for her match so well.
Vinyl dolls are a dream to handle and pose, have lots of fun with her. smile

Thanks so much, Martah! I'm really impressed with vinyl so far, I'm already thinking of bringing home another Smart Doll next year, and possibly a DD too! But for now, she gets all my attention Heart
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
Congratulations on your doll! She's so pretty. Her face really does look lifelike and she has such an intelligent look in her eyes. smile
Woah! Whacked She is so amazing! And pretty! Congrats so much! :3 Totally doesn't help me from wanting a tan vinyl doll.. Cry
Blog ^___^
Feedback
Congrats, she is stunning! <3
The brown wig looks great on her and I love her clothing ^__^
(10-17-2016, 12:51 PM)Skippyandjif Wrote: Congratulations on your doll! She's so pretty. Her face really does look lifelike and she has such an intelligent look in her eyes. smile

Thanks so much! Heart Yes, agreed, I love Smart Doll eyes ^^

(10-29-2016, 12:09 AM)Hunajasieni Wrote: Woah! Whacked She is so amazing! And pretty! Congrats so much! :3 Totally doesn't help me from wanting a tan vinyl doll.. Cry

Thanks so much!! Heart haha yes, the tan ones are a little tempting aren't they wink

(10-29-2016, 10:00 PM)pink_bunny Wrote: Congrats, she is stunning! <3
The brown wig looks great on her and I love her clothing ^__^

Thank you, that's so kind! I've taken lots of photo since...really need to get around to uploading them! xD
Missy dear, I am only *counts on fingers* 4 months late blush I never saw this thread. I had to comment now simply to tell you that I have seen nothing to like in any of these dolls - until your girl! Honestly, she is so beautiful Heart 2 I love her colouring, her clothes and her very sweet face.

Sorry for bumping an old thread guys, I just had to ! Tongue
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
(02-08-2017, 05:23 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: Sorry for bumping an old thread guys, I just had to ! Tongue

And now I shall resurrect this dormant topic a year and a half after the last late post!
yay

My first Smart Doll arrived recently. I have not yet had a chunk of time to sit down with her and unbox her properly. After seeing Missy_Crane's post, I have a better idea of how to snap some unboxing photos.

After seeing this topic, I'm also wondering if Ebony should have been my choice. But once I unbox my doll, Symphony, I'm sure I will be happy with her.

As others have said, seemingly interminable time spent saving, and a lot of eBay selling, was involved in my Smart Doll purchase.

The Smart Doll tote bag design has changed. It no longer features the cute little chibi figure illustration, just simple "Smart Doll" lettering.

A basic Smart Doll (currently 52,000 yen / $465 USD) arrives wearing only a "sports bra" and panties. A standard clothing outfit that includes a top, bottom, and shoes adds 10,000 yen / $90 to the price. Additional clothing pieces are available from the Smart Doll store at various, but fairly high (compared to what I'm accustomed to), prices.

As of this posting (October 2018) there are 23 Smart Doll variations available, with three skin tones: milk, tea (like Ebony in this post), and cocoa. Of the 23 versions currently available, 2 are boys, the rest are girls.

UPDATE:

A few unboxing photos of my second* Smart Doll, Harmony, in the "cocoa" skin tone:

[Image: harmony1.jpg]
Smart Doll box as it arrived from Culture Japan

[Image: harmony2.jpg]
Smart Doll canvas bag as it is packed in the shipping box

[Image: harmony3.jpg]
Contents of the Smart Doll bag: Clothing and Accessories box and a Smart Doll

[Image: harmony4.jpg]
Contents of the Smart Doll accessory box

[Image: harmony5.jpg]
Smart Doll enclosed in a plastic bag and bubble wrap to protect her on her long journey

[Image: harmony6.jpg]
Smart Doll is packed in a kneeling position, carefully wrapped in protective bubble wrap

[Image: harmony7.jpg]
Smart Doll sheds her bubble wrap blanket

[Image: harmony8.jpg]
Smart Doll Harmony

[Image: harmony9.jpg]
Yikes! Her head comes off!

[Image: harmony10.jpg]
Double Yikes! She, like, totally comes apart! And she has a weird internal skeleton!

[Image: harmony11.jpg]
Okay, she's back together. Smart Doll comes apart to make dressing her easier

[Image: harmony12.jpg]
"Enough nonsense. Would you help me with my hair now, please?"

* Smart Doll No. 1 has not yet been fully unboxed. Life is unfair sometimes.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!