davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
(05-10-2018, 02:56 AM)davidd Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 05:44 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cute! I like that dangerously looking weapon - is it some kind of totally insane scythe? I want one for myself my dolls, I meant to say my dolls.

LOLLOLLOL
Yes, it is a totally insane scythe. It's probably not quite big enough for you to carry yourself, but it's of a sufficient size to work with 1:6 scale dolls, like when Monster High Frankie dressed up for a comic convention.

Now that's one killer photo!
I don't want to threadjack, but if you don't mind the anime relation, there's actually a Sailor Moon gashopan scythe that's 1:6 scale:
item id link
photo with doll

I imagine with a bit of clay, paint and glitter and maybe some cutting you could de-SailorMoon it and make it into a generic scythe.
[Image: may9.jpg]
9 May – Let the Summer of Bratz 2018 Commence!
New Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin explores a cavern in a canyon... and her shoes are number nine

yay
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Awesome! And I admire how she can get to such place in high heels (or are they wedges?), I'd kill myself. I'm sure it's some kind of hidden super-ability!
love this shot the outfit is great and the shoes made me laugh with their unsuitability for rovk scrambling
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Exploring in style! That looks like a super place for photography.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
[Image: may10.jpg]
10 May....

Do these guys ever do anything other than stand around and drink?

Well... sometimes they sit around and drink.

I recently joined an action figure forum, and I am already in line to host a "traveling action figure" from the UK. The guys are trying to come up with some interesting photo ideas for the visiting figure.

As for the repetitious nature of the photo, the Gloria Happy Hour Play Set is my only current "standing set," and I've been too busy to organize the clutter and pull out some as-yet-unphotographed figures.
That looks like a very serious discussion! Nice photo!
[Image: may11.jpg]
11 May – Uhmm... excuse me, but, could you please stop ignoring us now?

Tomorrow, cleaning up the clutter in what has become the "doll pile" rather than the "doll room" is one of only two items on my To Do list. After that, I'm hoping these Doll A Day photos will become a bit more interesting. Or at least somewhat less repetitive.

But it's May already, and at least I've managed to keep A Doll A Day going!
Bratz Yasmin sure knows how to go exploring in style!
The GI Joes are too old for adventures any more. So in my mind, they are reminiscing about their past glory days. And is that Frank Sinatra still hanging out at the bar?
I didn't realize you had so many dark, gothy type dolls, either.
Who's this girl?
Man, someone really needs to rescue poor Frank. You'd think the Joes would be a little more friendly and include him in their discussion? LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Whoa, a doll I've never seen before! Good luck with cleaning up the doll pile room!
(05-12-2018, 04:22 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Who's this girl?

(05-13-2018, 08:03 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Whoa, a doll I've never seen before!

Emily the Strange from Ashton-Drake Gallery appeared in A Doll A Day back in January:

19 January

My intention to work on cleaning and organizing was thwarted by a last minute change of plans, so Pinky-Street PK023, who is always ready for an adventure at short notice, makes another appearance today:

[Image: may12.jpg]
12 May – Pinky-Street PK023 Camera Girl observes a flowering
prickly pear cactus while hiking near Kanab, Utah USA

Flowering cactus - gorgeous. The spines look dangerous though!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-13-2018, 11:34 AM)davidd Wrote: Emily the Strange from Ashton-Drake Gallery appeared in A Doll A Day back in January:

19 January

Hmm, I went through this thread several times already (I love going back and see how the photos evolved), but she totally escaped my memory! On the other hand, things escaping my memory aren't all that rare...

(05-13-2018, 11:34 AM)davidd Wrote: My intention to work on cleaning and organizing was thwarted by a last minute change of plans, so Pinky-Street PK023, who is always ready for an adventure at short notice, makes another appearance today:

[Image: may12.jpg]
12 May – Pinky-Street PK023 Camera Girl observes a flowering
prickly pear cactus while hiking near Kanab, Utah USA

Watch out for those thorns, Camera Girl!