davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
Sooki is pretty.
Is she waiting for Action Man, or what? XD
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-30-2018, 09:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Sooki is pretty.
Is she waiting for Action Man, or what? XD

Prescient, aren't you?

[Image: may29.jpg]
29 May – Integrity Toys Sooki offers to show Traveling Action Man some of the local attractions
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Well, I guess he would catch her attention, hehe. Poor Frank must feel lonely, though.
[Image: may30.jpg]
30 May – Pirate Lala
Hahaha -- yay, I hope they have fun LOL
Now, see, you need Veritas because you already have one pirate girl and she needs a friend XD
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Nicely accessorized outfit! Did she use that sword to rob Shriek Wrecked Clawdeen of her clothes?
From the I'M NOT A DOLL, I'M AN ACTION FIGURE Department:

[Image: may31.jpg]
31 May – Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires

I wasn't planning to post another Traveling Action Figure photo, but... here's another Traveling Action Figure photo.
Shortly after this photo was taken, Action Man was sealed up in a cardboard box and sent on his way to his next host.
Bye Travelling Action Man, you will be missed!
More pirate girl fun:

[Image: june1.jpg]
1 June – Pirate Venus

And... WOO HOOOO! Those of use doing the Doll A Day / Week challenge have made it through another month!
Yay for more pirate girls!
Love the action man pic - sad to see he's been sent onto his next host and there will be no more shots.

Pirate girls are great - you need to get Veritas to captain the ship smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(06-02-2018, 08:07 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Pirate girls are great - you need to get Veritas to captain the ship smile
Haha. See, we are working very hard here to 'enable'. Pirate Venus looks ready for the crew party.

Action Man's next host is going to have an awful lot to live up to. You need to put the link in here to the A.M.M.O. forum. I went looking, and I loved seeing his adventures with you. The fabulous scenery, the photo angles that made him look like he matched the perspective of the landscape, and, it was funny. I'm going to check back for the end of his visit with you.
(Which Action Man version is he? There seem to be an awful lot of them but I didn't see any that resembled him.)
(06-02-2018, 06:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yay for more pirate girls!

One can never have too many pirate girls! Or pirate ghouls, in this case!

(06-02-2018, 08:07 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Pirate girls are great - you need to get Veritas to captain the ship.

Yes... but I see that she has apparently sold out at her original price, and the asking price has increased dramatically.
slash

(06-03-2018, 04:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Action Man's next host is going to have an awful lot to live up to. You need to put the link in here to the A.M.M.O. forum. I went looking, and I loved seeing his adventures with you. The fabulous scenery, the photo angles that made him look like he matched the perspective of the landscape, and, it was funny. I'm going to check back for the end of his visit with you.
(Which Action Man version is he? There seem to be an awful lot of them but I didn't see any that resembled him.)

I'm impressed that you were able to track down the AMMO forum and find the Traveling Action Man photos! I may actually post my Traveling Action Man photos here on this forum once I've put them up on the action figure forum. There may be some interest in "traveling doll photos" since there is a traveling doll topic developing here.

I don't know what Action Man release that figure is. I think he's a UK or European version of fairly recent origin. On the forum, this style of figure is called a "MAM," for Modern Action Man. He's rather odd with his little goatee beard.

And with that... on with the show:

[Image: june2.jpg]
2 June – Playing Mantis "Doctor Evil" figure from the "Captain Action" line, circa 1998
He looks like a funny chap!
[Image: june3.jpg]
3 June – Playing Mantis Kabai Singh, Arch-Nemesis of Captain Action

The gimmick behind the Captain Action line, both when it was originally released in the mid-1960s and with this circa 1998 re-release, was that the figures wore rubber masks that allowed one body to serve as multiple characters. Kabai Singh, seen here, is actually a mask over the head of the creepy alien-looking Doctor Evil I posted yesterday. Doc Evil's head is a little bit undersized so he can wear various masks, allowing him to become Kabai Singh or Ming the Merciless.

As you can see, the masked figures look a little bit uncomfortable in their poses, with short necks and puffy faces.

I suppose this guy might serve as a passable Aleister Crowley or Anton LaVey action figure, if one were inclined to create a satanic cult diorama. I can already hear the Bratz girlz shuffling around in their storage tubs, getting all excited by that possibility.

I should have included his shoes in the photo. His shoes are pretty cool. They're, like, Aladdin's lamp style genie shoes!