davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
Great colours for your dragon girl's photo. And good job making those antennae.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Jinafire looks gorgeous. I love her colours
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Ooooh, sig Jinafire. I love that doll!
[Image: sept1.jpg]
1 September – Winx Club Tecna, Believix version, from Jakks Pacific

Tecna is one of the less common of the Winx Club Believix figures. I purchased this one pre-owned and incomplete a few years ago. Asking prices on the secondary market remain surprisingly high for some of these circa 2012 "playline" dolls. Tecna and Musa appear to command the highest asking prices. Bloom is the most common and is not currently bringing prices as high as the others.

Apparently there were Comic Con exclusive Winx Club figures, too. They look very nice, but the prices have definitely appreciated within just a few years.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I love that Toralei, and that Jinafire pic is amazing, I love it! never enough Jinafire IMHO.
The Jinafire photo is lovely! Tecna looks very stylish. Several times I almost picked up a Winx Club doll, when they were on clearance. But I prefer dolls that can share clothing and these cuties didn't look like they could do that.
Tecna’s a cutie! My very first two custom dolls were Winx dolls.
I've had my eye on Winx Club dolls for a moment, but I only liked those from Jakks Pacific, and as they weren't available here, I didn't get any, because shipping from overseas, custom fees, VAT and the hassle with Customs makes them not worth it. But I still think they're cute!
Collect all of the Monster High dolls to build a world where Everyone Is Welcome!

Seriously? This is the latest slogan? What happened to:

THE PARTY NEVER DIES!

or

FREAKY JUST GOT FABULOUS!

Oh, that's right... Mattel drove a stake through the heart of Monster high with the lameness of How Do You Boo!

[Image: sept2.jpg]
2 September – Monster High Budget Line Ari Hauntington

I spotted this sad remnant of a once glorious... or goryus... doll line among the cheap peg toys at a small-town grocery market in rural southern Utah today.
So did you get her? "Under the Pinochle Peg" sounds like a good title for a story about small-town grocery market dolls hoping to find a home. LOL
I suppose it wouldn't be PC to sell dolls with a slogan advocating partying? And we want to promote inclusivity, right...? right
I've heard of Winx Club but don't think I've ever seen any.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-03-2018, 12:35 PM)Alliecat Wrote: So did you get her? "Under the Pinochle Peg" sounds like a good title for a story about small-town grocery market dolls hoping to find a home. LOL
I suppose it wouldn't be PC to sell dolls with a slogan advocating partying? And we want to promote inclusivity, right...? right
I've heard of Winx Club but don't think I've ever seen any.

"Under the Pinochle Peg" does sound like a great title for a doll story! Or maybe for a headline to a feature story in a small town newspaper about the toys, games, and trinkets carried by local independent markets in tourist towns.
yay

I managed to resist Ari's melancholy allure, even though I actually felt a little bit sorry for her. The cheerful Barbies on either side are much more resilient. They have a proven track record of being able to successfully cover the spectrum from budget-line cheapies to top-tier collector exclusives.

Yeah, I'm sure the growing "PC" mindset impacted Monster High.

I believe Winx Club was originally a European line. The Jakks Pacific Winx Club figures appeared in American Walmart stores a few years back. They lasted about two seasons before disappearing. Apparently the line was pretty big among a niche group of collectors. There were "Collector's Editions" and even San Diego Comic Con exclusives. An online search reveals that there have been various incarnations of the Winx Club dolls from several manufacturers and several Winx Club animated series. Some of the older releases are very weird looking, as can be seen in this Italian TV commercial on YouTube

There is also... I just learned this moment... a live-action Winx Club series in production for a 2019 Netflix release.
Poor lonley Ari - she also doesn't seem to be the best person to be promoting a swimwear line smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
ignore - it double-posted smile
*wipes away a nostalgic tear, usig a black handkerchief with pink lace trim and skullet in one corner*

It's sad to see one of my favorite lines die like this... Oh well. Can't stay nostalgic for too long, I have too many dolls to make mine to dwell on this.
[Image: sept3.jpg]
3 September – Hi:Glamm "Kit"

I know, I know, the whole point of the Hi:Glamm fashion doll line was their ridiculously long legs, so a photo that doesn't show her legs is a waste of time, right?
Yeah, well, today, outside in the wind, I actually put some effort in to keeping the hair halfway decent while getting her to stand on her own, but in so doing, I overlooked
a couple of distracting wardrobe issues. We can't very well showcase a "fashion doll" with a serious fashion faux pas, now, can we? So Kit will make another appearance in
A Doll A Day, probably sooner rather than later, and I'll try to pay more attention to all the important details.