davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
Excellent use of frozen pond! And I love the soft light and colors in the second one. It really gives off very calm feeling!
[Image: november29.jpg]
29 November – DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018: Warth or Fire

I dug deep in to the Dollie Dungeon reliquary for this image, from back when I lived somewhere warm.

Yes, revising old photos for A Doll A Day Project is kind of... well, not even kind of... cheating. While I snap at least one crummy snapshot each day, it's not always appropriate to the theme for this #dollstagram challenge.
Next month, no "throwback" images. And no more daily theme. Just boring last-minute random daily snaps, maybe mixed in with a few better efforts.
Same applies to next year, too.
Because it's not too early to start planning for next year, right?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I already squealed over this one on instagram, but that won't stop me from doing it again - squeeeeee, I say! I love this one!
This one is gorgeous! I love the flames and all the dolls in front of the boards - a some have marshmallows on sticks! Brings back childhood memories of camping in summer
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I made a little 'squee' too. What a great photo!! Fantastic setup, light and everything.
The frozen pond is neat too. The mini Bratz are cute ... although their feet looking like hooves would probably bother me photographically in the long term Tongue

(11-30-2018, 04:54 AM)davidd Wrote: Same applies to next year, too.
LOL
I was planning to ask if anyone wanted to go around again, but I figured some might've had enough by then! A pic a week hasn't been too bad. Maybe some will be up for that...? grin
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That is an awesome photo!

I would love to try a pic a week in 2019...
(11-30-2018, 09:13 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I made a little 'squee' too. What a great photo!! Fantastic setup, light and everything.
The frozen pond is neat too. The mini Bratz are cute ... although their feet looking like hooves would probably bother me photographically in the long term Tongue

(11-30-2018, 04:54 AM)davidd Wrote: Same applies to next year, too.
LOL
I was planning to ask if anyone wanted to go around again, but I figured some might've had enough by then! A pic a week hasn't been too bad. Maybe some will be up for that...? grin

I'll be in for a pic a week again next year. I don't want to lose the photographhy momentum again - I've been neglecting the n0n-pullips dreadfully this year smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I remember seeing that pinky photo before and I still love it.
Love this photo!!! I want to join them , they look amazing and the lighting is great
(12-01-2018, 09:41 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: Love this photo!!! I want to join them , they look amazing and the lighting is great

This was a fun photo to set up! The campfire is real fire, which contributed to the interesting lighting.

[Image: november30a.jpg]
30 November – DollstagramNovemberChallenge2018: Cold or Winter

Oh, look what happened last night!
Weird double post thing happening. Sorry.
Congrats on completing TWO FREAKIN' MONTH-LONG CHALLENGES IN A ROW LIKE A BOSS!!!! And only one month left to go in A Doll A Day... We're clearing it, davidd, we're clearing it!

And if you feel bad for 'cheating' by recycling old photos, let me bestow some rookie wisdom on thee - the fact that you actually have an archive to dive into for backup photos when things don't go as planned shows that you're an accomplished photographer just as much as if you took them fresh. I've been in the doll hobby for several years now, but you could count all the pics I took prior to this challenge on fingers of one hand. So, it's not cheating, it's drawing upon your ex-cjghthkyuks-perience. Seriously. You're cool!

Edit: die, stupid phantom smiley, die!
(12-02-2018, 07:22 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Congrats on completing TWO FREAKIN' MONTH-LONG CHALLENGES IN A ROW LIKE A BOSS!!!! And only one month left to go in A Doll A Day... We're clearing it, davidd, we're clearing it!

And if you feel bad for 'cheating' by recycling old photos, let me bestow some rookie wisdom on thee - the fact that you actually have an archive to dive into for backup photos when things don't go as planned shows that you're an accomplished photographer just as much as if you took them fresh. I've been in the doll hobby for several years now, but you could count all the pics I took prior to this challenge on fingers of one hand. So, it's not cheating, it's drawing upon your ex-cjghthkyuks-perience. Seriously. You're cool!

Edit: die, stupid phantom smiley, die!

Hee hee! Thank you for the encouragement and support! You're right, we're in the home stretch now!

And your approach to banishing the Phantom Smilies is most entertaining!

[Image: december1a.jpg]

[Image: december1.jpg]
1 December –Mega Bloks Monster High Advent Calendar: Day 1

Day 1 of the Mega Bloks Monster High Advent Calendar is a Draculaura mini-fig!
Haha, that's hilarious! Now we have a December theme and I can't wait to see what's in the other days' boxes.
Ew, snow. But she looks very comfortable and fashionable. Great perspective again.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
MH Mega Bloks Advent Calendar! That's so cute! Looking forward to seeing other days!