davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
Love the photo with the snow - it seems very exotic when I'm sweltering on the couch.

And the Advent calender! So cool that it's Lala for the first day.

And I'm with Neon about the back-catalogue of photos you can use for the challenge. I ended up doing that last year in July/Aug (had the flu - it was a struggle to go to work & behave like a semi-functional being), and it made things a lot easier.
You've done 2 months in a row of daily themed photos - that's MORE impressive than the daily photo of whatever takes your fancy.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: december2.jpg]
2 December – Mega Bloks Monster High Advent Calendar: Day 2

Mega Bloks Monster High Advent Calendar – Day 2 – Earmuffs, snow goggles, scarf, and sleeve cuffs to fit Draculaura mini-fig.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She looks ready for some snow fun!
[Image: december3.jpg]
3 December – Work In Progress: Smart Doll Sofa

I am attempting to construct Smart Doll scale furniture. This project is turning out to be considerably more challenging than I ex.pected it to be.

And it's prolly gonna look like cr*p when it's done. If it gets done.
That looks great! I mean, all you have to do is paint or glue some fabric over the base, and glue some fabric over the cushions, right? It looks like you're more 'done' than not. What's the base made of?
I can see Smart Doll owners ordering stuff like that. Maybe you can sell some to help fund the Amelia Air Force LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Triv looks really happy with it!
Once you put some fabric over the cushions and maybe touch up the paintwork on the base, it's gong to look great. She already looks very relaxed sitting in it
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-04-2018, 04:41 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I mean, all you have to do is paint or glue some fabric over the base, and glue some fabric over the cushions, right? What's the base made of?

That's the theory. Sounds easy enough.

The base is made of foamcore board. I constructed a mock-up out of cardboard first, to help me figure out the dimensions.
Looks like a pretty good effort so far! That's the problem with venturing into a different scale. You need a whole new set of props in another scale. It's probably why I like 1/6 the best, because I have lots of stuff to go with that size.
[Image: december4.jpg]
4 December – Bratz Holiday Jade
This photo gives me goosebumps, in a way... Way too chilly! [Image: t09010.gif]
(12-05-2018, 11:10 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: This photo gives me goosebumps, in a way... Way too chilly! [Image: t09010.gif]

Yeah, me too... literally! This was taken outside at night. The temperature was 20˙F/ -7˙C.

[Image: december5.jpg]
5 December – Day 5: Mega Bloks Monster High Advent Calendar

Catching up with the Monster High Advent Calendar:
Day 3 - Pair of pink skis with poles
Day 4 - Two gift boxes, pink and purple
Day 5 - Lounge chair, pink, of course
[Image: december6.jpg]
6 December – Janie (Smart Doll Harmony) tries out her new sofa

Sneak peek at the Smart Doll sofa project as it nears completion.
Lala's stuff is cute!

And that sofa looks professionally made!
Wow, great job on the sofa! I bet the most fiddly job was gluing the cord trim around the edges.
Seriously, I bet people would buy these.
The advent calendar is a cute idea. I guess one ends up with quite a nice little ensemble by the end.
And our temperatures have been in the minuses too so I can just say "ehh" to that... but cute photo and neat perspective!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]