davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
Yay for dolly rescues! And scrounging does turn up some treasures now & then.
I bet you could create some fun effects with your moody lighting on that house.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-18-2018, 01:08 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I bet you could create some fun effects with your moody lighting on that house.

It has already appeared as the setting for several photos. Yes, atmospheric lighting is the key. The shapes in the house create great shadows!

[Image: december17.jpg]
17 December – Smart Doll Harmony
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Ooh, that shows off her eyes so nicely!
I love the blue glints in the cinnamon-y palette! Also the warm, peaceful atmosphere of this photo. Harmony indeed!
(12-18-2018, 09:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love the blue glints in the cinnamon-y palette! Also the warm, peaceful atmosphere of this photo. Harmony indeed!

What a sweet thing to say! Thank you!

[Image: december18.jpg]
18 December – Engaging Conversation

These guys must be talking about something extremely important or fascinating, because they have been standing here like this since Halloween night, the 31st of October.

To their credit, they haven't fallen down in all that time.

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few days trying to clear out a space to set up my doll scenes and uncover some buried tubs of figures and accessories. But you've heard that ex-pression, "nature abhors a vacuum," right? Yeah, well, as soon as I got a space cleared, something came up... getting a piano tuned, in this case... that necessitated moving an absolute ton of stuff to get it out of the way. Guess where it ended up? Yup, in the space I've been laboriously attempting to clear. Now everything is totally messed up, disorganized, and buried again.

I'm not sure whether to feel frustrated or sad, or maybe both.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to say "Blankety-blank it all" and give up on this stupid Doll a Day thing, even though we're less than two weeks from the end of the year.

But if these two GI Joe guys can keep standing in one place for two months without falling down, I guess I can keep going without falling down on the job as well. These guys were ready to step up when needed, after being totally ignored for almost two months, for a quick snapshot to keep things rolling. I'd be letting them down if I give up now.
Maybe they started spooky stories marathon back then, and because they're both so tough, they still keep going...

Wow, you play piano? Cool!

And come on, you're not gonna give up this close to the end. Her Insane Majesty says to tell you she won't have it!

EDIT:

So I asked Her Majesty how exactly she plans to go about 'not having it', and she said that it's the Queen's job to lift the withering spirits of her subjects (that somehow includes you, too), and other girls also got worried, so here they are, all cheering for you. Hang in there!

[Image: 8d4f6700acc6ef903f368de5f8e7b3fc.jpg]

(Look at Her Majesty. She even tried to be cute for you!)
(12-19-2018, 07:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: And come on, you're not gonna give up this close to the end. Her Insane Majesty says to tell you she won't have it!

So I asked Her Majesty how exactly she plans to go about 'not having it', and she said that it's the Queen's job to lift the withering spirits of her subjects (that somehow includes you, too), and other girls also got worried, so here they are, all cheering for you. Hang in there!

Awww...! Please convey my deepest gratitude to The Queen and her lovely court! (I won't actually admit that I now have tears in my eyes.)

Now, it is my understanding that, in addition to "lifting the withering spirits of her subjects," it is also a tendency of queens from the "Alice World" to lop off heads, so in addition to conveying my gratitude, please assure The Queen that the daily posts will continue uninterrupted.
Awww, that's cute!
And cheers for keeping going -- you are nearly there.  Maybe one a WEEK next year? LOL
Your 2 dedicated soldiers are still at their posts, and so are you.  You can make it!
(The image has disappeared, for me anyway, but I did see it earlier.)
(12-19-2018, 11:27 AM)davidd Wrote: But you've heard that ex-pression, "nature abhors a vacuum," right?
That would be my kitchen counter.  Metres of it, yet I end up "working on the head of a pin" because the clutter ex.pands to fill it.  I hope you get things squared away soon.  Perhaps it'll help to know others have the same struggle.

[Image: 176cc4675e54e1e44c71c0fa8b5b5631.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-20-2018, 12:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: (The image has disappeared, for me anyway, but I did see it earlier.)

All of my images have disappeared everywhere!

I am working with my hosting service provider to correct the issue.

EDIT: update: all fixed!

[Image: december19.jpg]
19 December – Tonner Dolls Lady Action
You're so close - I understand the frustration when things just don't go your way in regards to keeping things tidy. We eat dinner on our laps most nights as the kitchen table is covered in dolly-stuff / books / other random crap. (I have plans for my leave over Christmas to do a deep clean & ruthless cull)

The 2 boys are very good to keep their stands for the last 2 months.

And that's a excellent cheering photo from neon's ladies - it made me feel confident to finish off the year.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Is she ever a beauty! And you even have a doll-sized tree!
[Image: december20.jpg]
20 December – Angels, we have heard, get high.
Whazzat? On high? Oh, okay, that makes more sense, I guess.
Well, maybe the two options aren't mutually exclusive... I mean, what exactly makes angels on high sing o'er the plains? And what exactly is he smoking? Although, this one probably isn't going to sing, instead he'll produce joyous strains with his utmost interesting and, as far as typical angelic instruments go, unusual weapon of choice [Image: t1302.gif]
[Image: december21.jpg]
21 December – Maudlynne on set.

Tonner Dolls Maudlynne Macabre
(12-21-2018, 01:21 PM)davidd Wrote: 20 December – Angels, we have heard, get high.
Haha. That's certainly an ... interesting... character...
Looks like a cute little tree. Is Maudlynne directing a Christmas movie?