Miss Edith's A Doll A Week 2018 I Hope
I would happily trade you some snow too, and the fact that it won't really be spring for 2 more months Cry ( <-- that crying face is woefully inadequate here)
Interesting how we see quite a few Isuls as girls but not many Dals as boys, so your Caoimhe is unique. And, it's not a too-bad pic!
Hope you feel better soon!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
He's great - so super grumpy.

I love Gaelic names, and can generally make a decent stab at pronouncing them. Chris was amazed that I knew how to pronounce Niamh first time and also Siobhan (although I tend to mentally pronounce that completely wrong as the girl I went to school with pronounced it Show-Bann, not Shee-vawn, so that's what i default to)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Allie - as soon as I saw him on YJ I decided he was usually a boy. Probably the extra grumpy face LOL It's true, I think Isuls make just as good girls as boys whereas I always default to Dal = girl. I wish I could take some of your snow. It is quite cool & very windy here today so I feel much better. (quite cool is probably the middle of summer for you - 19 degrees celsius). Your summer must be extremely short Heart 2

Lejays, thankyou smile It's funny, I remember way back Siobhan & Niamh were two of the 1st Irish names I saw & learned how to say. Saoirse Ronan - that name was easy but nobody who interviews her seems to be able to manage it. I love Gaelic names along with everything else Irish/Gaelic. I was born in the wrong country, my heart is Irish smile
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Dal’s most adorable trait is that grumpy little face , he has a nice one smile I will not even try to type his name on my phone , we all know what autocorrect can do Tongue
(03-23-2018, 08:22 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: Dal’s most adorable trait is that grumpy little face , he has a nice one smile I will not even try to type his name on my phone , we all know what autocorrect can do Tongue

agreed on both points, Offgenemi <3

My week 13 pic is a few days late, so I decided to gather some of the new fam & make it a group shot. I know it is A doll a week but we are not that strict with the rules here. {luckily, or I would have been kicked out LOL }

[Image: 40215132795_37f0497841_b.jpg]ADAW by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr

So, from the left: Barbie My Scene Madison, La Dee Da City Girl Dee, the shorty is a Playmate Disney fairy Rosetta (she came with her wings but I left them off for squashing avoidance), Bratz Sweet Heart Lilee & sitting in front of her is her sister Sweet Heart Phoebe. Joining her crystal ball musings in the front is Genie Magic Cloe, behind her is Step Out Meygan & on her right is Funk Out Fianna.
The two tall ladies at the end are Madame Alexander Space Pop Luna & Disney Princess Royal Shimmer Pocahontas.
(03-30-2018, 06:21 PM)Miss Edith Wrote:
(03-23-2018, 08:22 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: Dal’s most adorable trait is that grumpy little face , he has a nice one smile I will not even try to type his name on my phone , we all know what autocorrect can do Tongue

agreed on both points, Offgenemi <3

My week 13 pic is a few days late, so I decided to gather some of the new fam & make it a group shot. I know it is A doll a week but we are not that strict with the rules here. {luckily, or I would have been kicked out LOL }

[Image: 40215132795_37f0497841_b.jpg]ADAW by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr

So, from the left: Barbie My Scene Madison, La Dee Da City Girl Dee, the shorty is a Playmate Disney fairy Rosetta (she came with her wings but I left them off for squashing avoidance), Bratz Sweet Heart Lilee & sitting in front of her is her sister Sweet Heart Phoebe. Joining her crystal ball musings in the front is Genie Magic Cloe, behind her is Step Out Meygan & on her right is Funk Out Fianna.
The two tall ladies at the end are Madame Alexander Space Pop Luna & Disney Princess Royal Shimmer Pocahontas.
Space pop Luna is gorgeous ❤️❤️❤️
Bratz Genie Magic!!! That was such a cool line! I bought most of them through eBay when Monster High was released to create Monster High genies! Silly me, I sold the Bratz dolls and only kept the outfits.

Then Monster High released the "13 Wishes" line.

You have her crystal ball and the necklace and everything! Neat!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I hadn't heard of Madame Alexander Space Pop Luna before, must investigate. I found one the Genie Magic girls at a garage sale for cheap, but no accessories other than her outfit.
(03-31-2018, 11:02 AM)davidd Wrote: Bratz Genie Magic!!! That was such a cool line! I bought most of them through eBay when Monster High was released to create Monster High genies! Silly me, I sold the Bratz dolls and only kept the outfits.

Then Monster High released the "13 Wishes" line.

You have her crystal ball and the necklace and everything! Neat!

the best part of these dolls is that not one cost me over aud$10, they are all 2nd hand but who knew there were so many of these dolls in near perfect condition for such great prices?

Genie Cloe was my most hard fought win LOL

CB - I hadn't heard of them either. I saw this girl, as new, for cheap & just grabbed her because she is pretty. I will be researching too smile
(03-31-2018, 11:32 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: The best part of these dolls is that not one cost me over aud$10, they are all 2nd hand but who knew there were so many of these dolls in near perfect condition for such great prices?

Genie Cloe was my most hard fought win.

When I was looking for them, Genie Magic Sasha was much more expensive than any of the others... with the exception of Katia, whom I was never able to find at a reasonable price. Katia only comes with a genie bottle play set.

I just checked eBay. Of course the doll packages that I opened up not so many years ago are worth a small fortune today, while all the dolls I've kept "mint in box" are worth less than the postage it would cost to ship them. All the Genie Magic dolls, except for Yasmin, who is much more common, are bringing pretty good prices even for loose examples. Boxed Sasha is not available for under $100, or $60 and up loose. Mint in Box Katia is $150.
Irritated

I am happy to see your Genie Magic Cloe.
Great family pic smile I like the shorty fairy. Her face is somehow different from the average. And Space Pop Luna has neat-coloured hair.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Love the new family additions. Such a wide variety there. I particularly like Space Pop Luna
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
thanks guys smile I looked up the space pop dolls briefly, IMO I got by far the nicest of the 5 (I think) girls. Also, they are very expensive new on ebay & they are such light plastic & with a frankly crappy dress that they are not worth it. She was worth my $10 though Heart 2

Week 14 - Funko Pop Rides - the Night King riding poor dead Viserion, Danaerys' late 'son' who was reanimated by the happy looking dude on his back. Handy when a dragon breathes ice instead of fire.

[Image: 39390493410_ec4ddee96b_c.jpg]the Night King riding poor dead Viserion by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr

*disclaimer - I tend to assume everyone in the world watches Game of Thrones. If you don't, this is the Big Boss bad guy riding his undead dragon. blush
Well, I am one of the minority in the world who does not watch Game of Thrones, but if there's an undead dragon in the show, I may have to start!

Cool little figs! Love the dragon, in particular!
Oh my. They're a scary pair! Good choice not to use bright cheery flash too; you made the lighting spooky like they're in a cave or something.
I've seen the first couple of seasons... maybe someday I'll watch some more. I wanted to like it a lot more than I did slash