a world of adventures [Dante goes hiking]
It was a beautiful day today, and I was off of work because I worked a double yesterday and work another double tomorrow. I'm unhealthy and need exercise and wanted to take some pretty doll pictures, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and Dante and I went hiking in the park!

I took a lot of nice shots, so here they are!

[Image: 26435575358_35d3640d41_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 39596148444_29b30c134e_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
Setting off!
[Image: 39596140744_29ac808925_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
We found a really cool stump! Seriously, I love this. I'm going to have to bring other dolls up here specifically to photograph them on this stump.
[Image: 26435566368_f06e1ef4b3_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 26435563728_de73bf5fc7_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 39410405075_38e4cc5574_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 39410400255_ca45a33e7b_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 39596112174_8fac4169e6_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 39596106694_bdbdb1cdde_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 26435543458_98594aa23a_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 40262602782_d9eed01002_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 40262597592_fe759e43be_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 26435528108_19c1961c7a_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr

After hiking in the woods, we went over to the pretty much abandoned mini golf course. I think it's been about ten years since I've taken a doll photo on that thing.
[Image: 39410360935_8d64c0265e_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 26435513068_24249b8245_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 26435509068_455b168650_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 26435507248_6a298b556a_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 47 by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 39596062964_8016bdaa72_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 25436842857_6fec38ddf8_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
Time to go up the hill to look at the waterfall!
[Image: 40307824491_55b4d3bcd8_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 40262564782_6b108cf344_z.jpg]a world of adventures by Haley, on Flickr
Dante thought all of it was pretty rad!

Bonus:
a snapchat selfie bc all of that was EXHAUSTING and it's been a while since I've taken a photo with one of my dolls. xD I thought I'd share it, because why not:
[Image: 39596220314_28331b0b95_z.jpg]exhausting! by Haley, on Flickr
I don't know why she's tired, I carried her the entire time!

Bonus bonus:
I brought my figmas of Killua and Gon from HunterxHunter, because they are my little otp(my favorite fictional pairing ever) and they are very at home in the woods. I only took one photo of them, though, since they are so tiny and I kept them in my bag the whole time. Dante stayed out so she got a lot more attention. I'm probably going to take them back there sometime, just them.
[Image: 39596131534_ca34322513_z.jpg]Killugon by Haley, on Flickr
You'll also eventually see each of them in my ADAD thread.

Thanks for looking!! <3

EDIT:
So you know how I mentioned not taking a photo on that mini golf course in ten years? I went back to some of my oldest photos that are still on flickr and managed to find one in one of the exact same spots. xD Back when this was my ENTIRE crew, and I could take them all places together! This photo will be ten years old in a couple of months. Man, time flies.
[Image: 2629657978_6995f6abba_z.jpg]At Park 10 by Haley, on Flickr
That looks like a great place to hike. AND with a waterfall! These are all so cute. How To Be Fashionable While Hiking, brought to you by Dante LOL She's a lot cooler than her stock appearance. And then she turns up the glam on the golf course. I like the one of her standing on the stump too. And lying on the tree, and lying on the stone wall...
Nice to "see" you too smile
Hope you will be able to shoot some more pix there. Get some rest between all those double shifts!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
"... I'm unhealthy and need exercise...."

Ha ha! That's funny! It looks to me like you did all right, covering a lot of ground and capturing some great photos along the way! Outdoor doll photography is not for the weak or sickly. All that stooping and bending and kneeling and searching for dropped pieces on the ground can be a bit of a workout. You even added some climbing on rocks and trees, it looks like!

It has been a long time since I've attempted a major "outdoor hiking doll photography" outing... for the reasons listed above. Well, also because it's been cold outside. I like the idea of looking at doll photography as exercise.

The photos are all so much fun! I have a thing for doll photos featuring rocks and walls and ruins, so I'm totally loving the semi-abandoned miniature golf course pics. And that standing-on-a-stump pic is great! Getting a Pullip to stand like that is an impressive feat!

A thing that strikes me about all these photos is how relaxed and natural Dante looks. My Pullips always look stiff and toy-like. You managed to create lifelike, realistic poses without an appearance of stiffness or awkwardness. Same with your Figmas (speaking of crawling around on the ground looking for dropped pieces).

Pretty cool that you were snapping pics at the same location ten years ago. I know what you mean. Just the other day I was looking at some pictures I thought I had snapped "a few years back," and "a few years" is closer to ten or a dozen! Scary! But then, it also illustrates how playing with our dolly friends keeps us young, and the passing years cease to matter. Maybe, also, playing with and photographing our dolls is a way for us to remain fit and healthy... or to regain our fitness and health.

This was such a great post! Thank you for sharing this adventure!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That stump is perfect! And the golf course looks like such a fun place to take photos!!
random thoughts - I never ever thought I would like Cornice in any wig but her stock. Dante has proved me 200% wrong.
I think your posing is my favourite thing about your pics. Clearly - beautiful dolls, environments, skill with camera but these dolls have human emotions on their lil plastic faces (plus your standing them, any positioning is the best)

Ok. I love every single photo. Dante is one of your most photogenic & that is a big statement smile The stump is awesome, all the backgrounds are amazing. Love the mini golf course shots. Love the shot of your entire family 10 years ago - WOW. Neeki, Raleigh & Dispari - I think - don't look a day older LOL

MY favourite photo considering the background is her peeping at the waterfall Heart 2 My fav shot of Dante herself .. ha, all of them. Also love the snapchat pic of the pair of you, exhausted.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Thank you all SO SO SO SO much!!!! I'm glad you like the photos and I'm glad you all like my poses. I'm not used to posing the MTM Barbie body yet, but it seems to be going well. Dante's Obitsu was giving me issues for a while now(she had it when I got her so I think it's probably pretty old, so it got pretty floppy in the neck region) so I figured putting her on a MTM would work well, and it did and matches her better than her Obitsu did, so that's good.

And taking doll photos is the best excuse to exercise, haha!

I wish I could reply to every little thing you guys said but I suppose that would take forever. LOL Thank you all very much!

Miss Edith, you got Neeki and Dispari right, but the Taeyang is actually Alabaster, my Missionary. smile Raleigh won't be here for ten years until NEXT year!
I love this photo album! My favorite shot is the one where she looks like she is coming out of a green spot in the wall. The way you pose her makes her come alive, I need to study the poses as they look very natural. Her wig is gorgeous !
(02-17-2018, 04:13 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: Miss Edith, you got Neeki and Dispari right, but the Taeyang is actually Alabaster, my Missionary. smile Raleigh won't be here for ten years until NEXT year!

two outta three ain't bad - oh damn now I'm singing LOL

Ever since I discovered Groove dolls, Missionary & Butler (& to a lesser degree Tantus) have always made it difficult for me to ID them.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
What a fun hike and you got some great photos out of it, too! Dante poses really well on the MTM body.
excellent hiking shots - the waterfall was my favourite of this lot, but there were other great ones.

the red against the green of the nature is great too.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I love this photo series, it looks like she's really out exploring, and having a damn good time doing it. The last pictures has also set me on my own adventure of going through all of your old photos, and they're making me nostalgic for when I was just beginning with my collection! Funny how we both started out from the same place, but have grown our families in very different directions wink