davidd's Smart Dolls
We don’t get hummingbirds down here. We do however have rainbow lorikeets.
I wish we had hummingbirds! But our own birds are also cute. I can't feed them, because I could only do so on the windows, and kitty can get to both of them, so I would technically be feeding the kitty more than the birds...

I love your dolly helpers photos!
(06-21-2019, 01:48 PM)davidd Wrote: Three feeders, and currently they need to be filled twice a day.
Holy cow. I've seen photos of tons of hummingbirds on feeders, & figured it had to be not in the breeding season. I had a little guy staking out his territory a few weeks ago; he sat on the feeder bracket ALL DAY & chased away every other hummer (there were 3 others that I knew of). I thought about hanging a 2nd one but figured they'd fight over that too.
[Image: 47807942631_5f998ec5a7_o.jpg]
[Image: 46617956492_0e037451bc_o.jpg][Image: 46617962422_dcf7bcbf7d_o.jpg][Image: 46617959642_ce589e251c_o.jpg]
(06-22-2019, 09:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I had a little guy staking out his territory a few weeks ago; he sat on the feeder bracket ALL DAY & chased away every other hummer.

We had one of those! We called him "The Guardian." He either sat on the feeder, or sometimes on the weathervane on top of the storage building, from where he would zoom in at lighting speed to attack anyone who attempted to use "his feeder." He managed to keep one feeder all to himself for two or three weeks.

I think the sheer numbers of interlopers finally overwhelmed him... or else he is sitting on a nest.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!