Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
werepuppy - thank you very much!

Lejays - thank you!!!

kadytheredpanda - thanks!

Elfy - thank you!

davidd - thank you! The doll that I consider my gateway into the hobby is kinda hard to name. My doll collecting was triggered by dolls I never actually got - I was googling some jewelry and gothy and victorian fashions, and in the process I accidentally stumbled upon Marina Bychkova's Enchanted Doll and Evangeline Ghastly one evening. That made me dig up Barbies I have left from childhood, and that made me wonder what new Barbies looked like. So I went to toy store and found Fashionistas (at that time, they had articulation I've never seen on a doll before) on sale and got three of them (I no longer have them), just to enjoy the better joints.

I started another major hobby of mine just two weeks before that and I was completely absorbed by it, so I didn't really do anything doll related for the rest of 2009, except for getting four Moxie Girlz and oogling Evangelines and dreaming about getting one. But in 2010, Bratz relaunch happened and then Monster High stole the scene in an absolutely unparalleled fashion, and it was a dolly avalanche from there.

Frankie was the first MH doll I've seen (and immediately knew I NEED her in my life), and MH was the first brand that made me serious about collecting (as opposed to just picking random dolls in the store), so I guess there's that. Lunatic Queen was the one who made me want to start collecting Pullips back in 2017, though.

Day 46

My Catrine started showing first signs of yellowing, so I need to take more photos of her before she yellows completely. Makes me a bit sad.

[Image: c5589be50a10424dffbe53c0790be173.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by neon_jellyfish - 02-16-2019, 06:28 AM