Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
(05-09-2019, 05:23 AM)davidd Wrote: This is the best (and most amusing) description of a Novi Stars figure I have ever read, and a perfect description of Vera!

The photo is quite beautiful, too; my preference is for the middle one.

For a long time, Novi Stars Vera was the most ex•pensive doll I had ever purchased. When I saw her I had to have her, and that required ordering online from Europe. If she was released at all in the U.S. it was on a very limited basis.

For all the reasons you cite, I consider Vera to be the single best Novi Stars release. Her total weirdness is totally wonderful.

(Thank you for the ALT codes. Unfortunately... and it is rare that I use the term "unfortunately" when comparing Mac to Windows... I am using a Mac, and the Option key works slightly differently than the Alt function. So I can type a superscript ª, but not superscript numbers.  slash)

Hehe, thanks! And sorry I couldn't help with those pesky superscripts... It's a bit roundabout, but for now you can copy them from here.

(05-09-2019, 05:26 AM)werepuppy Wrote: ...They should have sent a poet. Wow, she is just stunning.

I had to look that one up. Imagine you disembarked on that beach and the alien would look like this girl. That would be awesome!

(05-09-2019, 11:35 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Glad Her Majesty got the audience she requested... LOL
Vera is indeed unique.  Do these characters come with a backstory?  They certainly did cram in a lot of different elements.  You have to wonder about the alien evolution that would lead to this... LOL
(well OK, I do)

Requested... Yes. Yes, that's the exactly right word for what she did. LOL
Novis did have a bit of a backstory, but I didn't follow it, as I got into the line just as it died... Basically, they were alien girls from different planets who came to Earth to study humanity and they shared an apartment somewhere in New York (? - I think it was New York). They had basic characters, consisting of one or two traits, favorite color and food and such.
I think the reason leading to developing black-pink-silver color scheme and three eyes and bony wings is that looking THIS gorgeous is definitely an evolutionary advantage... LOL But I know what you mean. I find it intriguing too! 

(05-09-2019, 04:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: They can do all sorts of things with aliens. According to the storyline of the new Captain Marvel film, the Skrulls aren’t even a carbon based life form.

Had to look that one up, too...

(05-09-2019, 10:02 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Novi Star is amazing, so many different things going on with her that shouldn’t work together but somehow just do.

And Her Insane Majesty looks amazing as always.

I know, right?

H.I.M. says thank you!

Day 129

Spooky story time! So I was binge-watching some videos on youtube (with only a small table lamp on in an otherwise dark room), toootallyyy not procrastinating and postponing the ADAD photo 'after this one video', and suddenly - BAM! I jumped and started looking for the source of the affright, but everything seemed to be in right places... Then, from the corner of my eye, I saw something unnaturally pale under the table, and when I leant closer -

[Image: c3f3537773f87a48f2b9059b954c14cc.jpg]

She literally jumped from the shelf, all on her own, which I took as a request, so here she is, haunted CE Lala grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by neon_jellyfish - 05-10-2019, 07:14 AM