Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
(06-21-2019, 07:00 AM)werepuppy Wrote: The first one makes it seem like Ghoulia found Cleo during the age of ex.plorers and that's such a cool vibe.

(You're not wrong about how Dracula was written...)

That's what I was going for!

Dracula would have been cool if Stoker either kept the 'found footage' style consistently throughout the book, or if he went for a classical narration, but the way he always starts with journal entry/letter/whatevz then subconsciously shifts into what looks like classical narration, what with meticulous descriptions of absolutely everything (alternating between 1st person for diaries and 3rd person for newspapers), it breaks the immersion for me. Also, I feel like the slow burn terror is often maintained by the unbearable idiocy of most of the characters... I found myself actually rooting for Dracula a few times, just because others were so stupid (seriously, Mina and Van H. are the only brain-equipped characters!)... Too bad, because otherwise it's a great idea for a story and I would like it both as a classic novel with ornate descriptions of Dark and Stormy Nights, etc., or as a set of random materials found by godknowswho whatknowswhere (leaving space for imagining details), but this weird hybrid of the two... not so much. Also, don't be such a cheapskate with brain cells, Bram sugar, we like smart characters! Ugh, sorry, I'm ranting again...

(06-21-2019, 10:38 AM)davidd Wrote: The period processing on the initial image is pure perfection!

This is a superb portrayal of an excellent Monster High release; the quality of which is surprising considering how late in the game it appeared. I suspect this set must have been in the works well before the "reboot" became reality... and before Mattel stopped caring.

I was disappointed when I first learned, as a young lad, that Dracula was written in the form of letters, journal entries, and newspaper articles. For this reason, I delayed reading it for years. When I finally gave it a try, I found it more interesting than I ex.pected it to be, but, for the reasons noted above, not particularly believable.

Thank you! Usually, I go for the 'normal' photo, then play around with filters just for funsies, but this time, I actually wanted vintage-y photo from the start...

Origins pack was originally (mwhaha, pun not intended but left intact anyways) meant to be SDCC 2017 exclusive, but then Mattel decided that they won't be doing MH there, so they changed it to Mattel store exclusive, but it was already in the production, so the SDCC quality stayed. They also made only limited amount of sets (as planned for SDCC), and eventhough they promised to make more later that year, they never delivered on that promise. I'm really glad I was able to get my ghouls, thanks to the help of fellow MH Arena member.

I found that low ex³pectations are the best way to enjoy anything at least a little bit (although sometimes I still don't set them low enough...). When you don't ex³pect anything, then the smallest good things seem like an extra...

(06-21-2019, 12:25 PM)Alliecat Wrote: In this case I do like the filtered one better.  Cool effect.  And your previous days' girls are quite elegant.

(06-20-2019, 06:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ... and sunlight got mentioned a few times, but without any consistency... special vampiric sunscreen is also a thing).
Ha!  Now maybe THAT is what I need -- I'm allergic to a lot of sunscreens LOL

Thank you!

I'll let you know if I stumble across any decent vampiric sunscreen! I'm not allergic to human ones, but I have vampire skin. A lovely pale shade of 'eau de Nil', and it burns so easily you can hear it sizzle... I hate shuffling around covered with two-inch layer of sunscreen, so I usually opt for braising myself in clothes with long sleeves...

Day 172

Summer solstice! I wanted to go out and take some sunny photos, but we're having the hottest June in history, so... So I have a cold.
But hey, my pony has a sun on her... Gosh, this post is a trainwreck... Side! On her side. Ahem.

[Image: 082923d24c0709fffe8b5fca1cb9968f.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by neon_jellyfish - 06-22-2019, 03:07 AM