Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
(11-06-2019, 03:13 AM)davidd Wrote: SO MUCH STUFF TO ÜBER-SQUEE ABOUT in this post!!!! Heart 2

Remei has clothes, for one thing! Adorable clothes. Wait... more all-caps required: ADORABLE CLOTHES!!!! Purple dress and stripey socks!!!

(Okay, yeah, I should have commented on Remei's outfit in the first cemetery post, but I guess I got distracted by the candles. Fire-obsessed Triv was nattering in my ear the entire time about the candles.)

And a ghost cemetery! Ghost of a cemetery (as you say), not in a cemetery!

What a fascinating history! I'm surprised that despite all the political upheavals that have affected the area over the decades, they were organized and dedicated... dead-icated... enough to relocate the graves. Although, granted, it took them forty years to finish.

The iron cross growing in to the tree is one of the most spooky cool amazing things I have ever seen! That is incredible!

This was truly a fascinating and fun Smart Doll Adventure!

And I'm so happy to see your beautiful Felicity/Remei in action! She's a real cutie! Gotta love that little smile!

Thank you very much!!!

Haha, I was kinda glad that Dušičky  stuff grabbed so much attention that nobody noticed she has clothes. The grave candles might be too much on the safe side for Triv, the cap that protects them from rain also prevents them from setting other things on fire. I have no idea why I felt compelled to point this out...

I'm glad you liked this little adventure. I think it's a fascinating place, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

And yes, Remei/Felicity is a total cutie and her smile has healing properties! I'm kinda sad Danny scrapped tea and cocoa Felicity before they went into production, I would most likely want to get them.

(11-06-2019, 03:26 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh wow, it's amazing to see Remei - she looks so cute!

Also a ghost of a cemetry! Omg! That's amazing!

(11-06-2019, 05:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Wow, what is awesome photo story... Remei makes a lovely tour guide (and her outfit suits her wonderfully), and the pictures are just perfection. The one n front of the window is my favorite.

Thank you both!!!

(11-06-2019, 06:39 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Aargh, didn’t realise there were more photos after the cemetary ones.  Navi Star looks very different with the 2 different colours.   And Briar cheers everything up - even the disappointment of the frozen garden.

What an amazing tour of the ghost of a graveyard.  I’ve seen iron rods in trees before, but nothing like the cross here.  It must have been truly heavy to never have been knocked over in the years this would have taken.
How interesting that there was a 40-year gap between the first & last relocation - I wonder why that happened (I bet it was money-related somehow).

I’m glad you asked permission of the family to take the photos.  When you do the grave maintenance on the special day (sorry, boring English keyboard doesn’t have the special accented letters), do you also talk to the family members about what’s happened in the past year?

(11-06-2019, 06:43 AM)davidd Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 06:39 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: How interesting that there was a 40-year gap between the first & last relocation - I wonder why that happened (I bet it was money-related somehow).

Or two world wars related, maybe.

(11-06-2019, 07:42 AM)Lejays17 Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 06:43 AM)davidd Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 06:39 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: How interesting that there was a 40-year gap between the first & last relocation - I wonder why that happened (I bet it was money-related somehow).

Or two world wars related, maybe.

Very true - which can also involve lack of money as it had been diverted to other more pressing needs.

First of - thank you, Lejays, I'm glad you liked the photos and the story! No, I don't talk to them. The dearly departed in that grave are mother, grandmother and grandfather of my grandmother on my father's side, so they all died long before I was born, plus, we don't really keep in touch with that side of the family. They just can't take care of the grave anymore, so it's my dad's turn now. I asked the dead for permission mostly to make myself feel better about posing a doll on their grave and taking a photo, although it would be fun if they actually answered! I would get to know them after all.

As for the pause in relocating graves, I didn't find any reliable info, but it's possible to make an educated guess by looking at local history. Most of graves were moved by families that owned them, graves without living owner (or with owners who didn't have means to move them) should have been moved using municipal money, but a lot of things were happening at that time, and those got the priority.

Liboc wasn't part of Prague back in 1900s, but autonomous village. It was close to Prague, so it became Prague citizens' favorite spot for weekend trips, so the trade and consequently the village flourished, and started ex²panding, whole new streets were being built. Works on new railroad started around the same time they closed the old cemetery. Then the First World War happened. Then Czechoslovakia left Austro-Hungarian Empire and became autonomous in 1918, and in 1922, Prague got so big that it swallowed Liboc, which lost its autonomy, so those were big changes to local politics and how public matters were managed, nobody had time for abandoned graves.

Just as things finally settled after WW1 and gaining autonomy, Second World War came, Slovaks established Slovak Republic, a client state to Nazi Germany (the government did so against the wishes of vast majority of nation, because they wanted to be safe) and the Czech part lost portion of its territory to various countries of Axis and the rest became Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren. That was in 1939. Bad, bad times. I don't think anyone even remembered the old cemetery back then.

In 1942, very successful and popular businessman from Liboc died, and he wished for him and his ancestors' remains from the old cemetery to be buried in the new cemetery together. I think (and it's really only my personal theory) that this was how people remembered that there was an old cemetery and that there was work left to be done there, and got it done despite everything.

(11-06-2019, 12:18 PM)Alliecat Wrote: What a great tour and history lesson!  I really enjoyed these out-and-about photos a lot.  And what a remarkable thing, the cross in the tree.  I'd get hung up there for some time, I'm sure, taking abstracty close-up photos.
Thanks for sharing your outing with us!  smile

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

This post is waaayyy too long, so I'll post today's photo in another one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by neon_jellyfish - 11-07-2019, 01:28 AM