Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Thank you, guys! Grimalda (well, all Lauras) has that particular shape of eyebrows that gives her constantly worried or sad ex³pression. To be honest, I don't really like worried / sad doll faces. They make me feel like a bad doll owner. I like neutral or slightly mischievous faces best.

Day 3,2,1, go!

30 years ago this day, Velvet Revolution (or Gentle Revolution, as it was called in Slovak part of Czechoslovakia) started, eventually leading to fall of communism in Czechoslovakia.

I won't recount the whole story, the Wikipedia article is pretty accurate, but one of the symbols of Velvet Revolution was jingling one's keys. It accompanied one of the mottos - "Děkujeme, odejděte!" ("Thank you, now leave!"), which was a message for communist government, the keys were a nonverbal equivalent for "close the door when you leave". I've also heard that it was meant to symbolize entering a new era, but that wasn't all that prominent at that time, because everyone was thinking about the present rather than the future. It was nice, because everyone had keys, so everyone could join. And it was a lovely and gentle sound, very apt for a revolution that was, at least for the most part, free of violence.

I was a few months old at that time, so I don't remember a thing LOL

I wanted to show you celebrations, as they were massive this year, but the shoes I naively trusted betrayed me and gave me blisters yesterday, so I wasn't able to participate. And it would be impossible to take photos of the important places anyways, because the weather was nice and there were crowds so dense, if you threw a pin there, it wouldn't fall all the way to the ground.

So here's a totally artificial pic of Remei jingling her keys in the safety of the tent.

[Image: 40ad3aec6b120becb395e5b744d4b209.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition! - by neon_jellyfish - 11-18-2019, 03:12 AM