Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Quote:The dress might clash, but it's also one of the only things that fitted properly on her - her body size is quite odd. 

I think it looks really cute on her!
Like neon, I thought she was a smaller size body, but of course she isn’t if she (mostly) fits the fashion-pack dress
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Congrats on the new arrival. She is a similar size... but the other 1/6 outfits don't fit well?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(11-29-2019, 02:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Marnie is taller than I thought! I imagined she was like Pure Neemo S, but she's only a bit smaller than a MH.

ETA: Oh, and I see the previously mentioned proper witchy dress for Witch CAM. Yup, much better!

That did genuinely surprise me when I got her - I had been ex.pecting something that was the same height as an Azone (or the ever popular Licca-chan.)

The dress helps fit the moody Goth vibe that Nora has! 

(11-29-2019, 02:57 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I think it looks really cute on her!

Aw, thank you! I really do like the look.

(11-29-2019, 06:38 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Like neon, I thought she was a smaller size body, but of course she isn’t if she (mostly) fits the fashion-pack dress

Oh yeah, she really looks like she should be smaller. It's surprising to see she's just about the right size. 

(11-29-2019, 11:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on the new arrival.  She is a similar size... but the other 1/6 outfits don't fit well?

Her feet are bigger than the usual doll size. Generally speaking in terms of trousers, skirts, and shoes, the Creatable World line stuff really works well. For tops, well, she's top heavy so Barbie stuff works but she's still fairly narrow in the shoulders so there's a lot of gapping there. 

- - - 

334: Saying Hi
[Image: 63059480_253a8cd7834bc66d60e8936b40148b84_standard.jpg]
Just another solo shot of Marnie, which oddly seems to show her off a bit better than when I had her against the black background. Go figure.
She's really so cool. Blue and silver is such a striking combination!
(11-30-2019, 03:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's really so cool. Blue and silver is such a striking combination!

I'm so glad to have her as part of the collection - though once again I wish there were more fantasy coloured dolls. 

- - - 

335: Happy Birthday, Olivia!
[Image: 63105167_88858c1ec48f68b1371f2f1633cc8344_standard.jpg]
A year ago on this date, Olivia Sable Basil arrived at my home. I've had my big girl for a whole year now, and ... wow, it's just kind of amazing to think on it.
Happy birthday, Olivia!!!

And congrats, werepuppy!
Werepuppy, you should do some homeworks and see what sizes your alien doll is. Then compare those sizes to the most popular 1/6 dolls brands and head over to this Etsy shop to find the perfect things:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StarWatchCat

She have a HUGE catalog of clothes, underwear, and accessories. Plus her sizes selection is absolutely INSANE.
Your blue girl would rock lacy underwear with fancy jewellery.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Happy Birthday, Olivia smile
I should have kept track of when my dolls arrived. I'm quite sorry now I didn't start a file for them or something. I guess cos I didn't ex-pect to end up with so many? But other than the ones from PUDDLE or some other particular occasion, and of course Sunsette, who has a birthday in January smile ... I didn't.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
A girl and her dolls.
(12-01-2019, 04:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Happy birthday, Olivia!!!

And congrats, werepuppy!

She says thank you, and thanks from myself also. It's so weird to think how a very lucky eBay win changed... a lot of doll direction for me. I would have never considered a 1/3 scale girl if the auction photos hadn't been so... inviting, I guess is the right word. (How inviting? Her name and personality were clear to me days before the auction ended, as if she'd already decided she was coming here.)

(12-01-2019, 07:49 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: Werepuppy, you should do some homeworks and see what sizes your alien doll is. Then compare those sizes to the most popular 1/6 dolls brands and head over to this Etsy shop to find the perfect things:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StarWatchCat

She have a HUGE catalog of clothes, underwear, and accessories. Plus her sizes selection is absolutely INSANE.
Your blue girl would rock lacy underwear with fancy jewellery.

I will look into it! 

(12-01-2019, 09:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Happy Birthday, Olivia smile
I should have kept track of when my dolls arrived.  I'm quite sorry now I didn't start a file for them or something.  I guess cos I didn't ex-pect to end up with so many?  But other than the ones from PUDDLE or some other particular occasion, and of course Sunsette, who has a birthday in January smile ... I didn't.

Honestly, I don't usually keep track of it. But this has been the year of BJDs in my house, so I apparently kept track of them. Olivia's stands out as she arrived on St. Andrew's Day - the patron saint of Scotland. 

(12-01-2019, 09:48 AM)Elfy Wrote: A girl and her dolls.

Still her two favourites, even from day one.

- - - 

336: Drink
[Image: 63130962_66d0d5c9f55eeac9bec9871d2f35ec7c_standard.jpg]
Basil is waiting to try this Irn-Bru. He'll enjoy it.
He looks so determined! He has claimed the can, and now he's gonna chug it!

By the way, what does it taste like? I'm still not sure what exactly Irn Bru is... other than 'mysterious orange soda'.
That's a big can for him!
A proper Scotty dog drinking Irn Bru.
Happy Birthday (Arrival Day!) Olivia - she looks so comfy curled up with her friends there.

Basil is gonna drink the whole can, just try and stop him!

On another note, would you recommend the 6 Queens Musical? I had an add pop up saying it's going to be touring here in April, and I was considering whether we should go or not.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)