Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
That cup would still make a pretty good hot tub!

Does Basil's sports jersey represent any particular team?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That's a lot of tea in such a short timespan. He's a real British dog!
(12-14-2019, 02:45 AM)davidd Wrote: That cup would still make a pretty good hot tub!

Does Basil's sports jersey represent any particular team?

For Basil, it very much would! 

Nah, it's just a random one from a Creatable World pack. It sits nicely under his plaid shirt.

(12-14-2019, 03:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's a lot of tea in such a short timespan. He's a real British dog!

It also helps it was a very cold day and the heat helped to warm us up. 

- - - 

351: Anne Shirley
[Image: 63580404_3b255eaf62273695fcd2d1fe1d6c3d91_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 13th December 2019
Anne Shirley! Or rather Azone Ex-Cute Otogi No Kuni Sera of Green Gables. Yeah, it's a bit of a long title. Basically? It's an Azone PureNeemo interpretation of Anne Shirley herself. I was lucky enough to find her on eBay for a reasonable price, and so she's my Giftmas present to myself. Darling little thing, really. So glad to have her as part of the collection.
Azone redhead Heart

Congrats, she's a real cutie!
She's adorable! Story-bookish and slightly steampunk-ish... and just plain cuuuute!
I LOVE Anne of the Green Gables.
Unfortunately, the dolls are either ugly as sin, or out of what I can afford right now. I want either that Azone or the Pullip. But man, those prices... X_X
At least there's the KAIYODO Anne of Green Gables figurine set from the late 1970's excellent anime that are affordable and are lovely.

[Image: rjZ7nGc.jpg]

However, while searching for the picture above, I entered the wrong key words and then...

...my heart skipped a beat.

[Image: DHD9uFJ.jpg]

There she is, the Anne of my childhood, in perfect doll form! Heart

The picture lead me to a Twitter page that was in Japanese. I had to Google-translate the bits so that it lead me to what it was:
Takara Tomy Liccarize Anne of Green Gables Shirley Doll 40th Anniversary.

Original price was at Kikipop level, meaning 25K yen.
And for now, the cheapest option on Ebay is 400$US plus shipping....

Man, this hobby can be torture from times to times.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
(12-15-2019, 08:53 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: I LOVE Anne of the Green Gables.

This one is different, isn't it? I can't tell if it's the same face sculpt and body:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/deta...1120323268

But yeah, patience, Grasshopper; keep checking your favorite site. It appears the one you want shows up once in a while.
(12-15-2019, 10:41 AM)davidd Wrote: This one is different, isn't it? I can't tell if it's the same face sculpt and body:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/deta...1120323268

But yeah, patience, Grasshopper; keep checking your favorite site. It appears the one you want shows up once in a while.

Nah, it's not the same thing at all. That's just a Licca Chan without being called that. It's even made by Takara.

So, yeah, effectively if I want my Anne, I'll have to wait for an opportunity and keep an eye open.
In the meantime, I'll just have to rewatch this and sigh.

Yes it's in French. Just like I remembered.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
She's cute, werepuppy. Is the book the original or abridged? Have you read many of the spin-offs, sequels, etc.?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
He’s really enjoying his variety of tea there!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Anne Shirley is one of my favourite book characters ever! And your version is cute, and I also really want the Pullip - but like you, not at that price sad
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-15-2019, 12:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Azone redhead Heart

Congrats, she's a real cutie!

Thank you! I'm so glad I managed to get her at a reasonable price - I missed her original pre-order and a lot of the second hand prices have been kind of eye-watering.

(12-15-2019, 02:35 AM)davidd Wrote: She's adorable! Story-bookish and slightly steampunk-ish... and just plain cuuuute!

I did deliberately try to mimic the pose on the front cover of the book.

(12-15-2019, 08:53 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: I LOVE Anne of the Green Gables.
Unfortunately, the dolls are either ugly as sin, or out of what I can afford right now. I want either that Azone or the Pullip. But man, those prices... X_X

[pic snipped for reply length size]

There she is, the Anne of my childhood, in perfect doll form! Heart

The picture lead me to a Twitter page that was in Japanese. I had to Google-translate the bits so that it lead me to what it was:
Takara Tomy Liccarize Anne of Green Gables Shirley Doll 40th Anniversary.

Original price was at Kikipop level, meaning 25K yen.

I have to agree on the majority of Anne dolls not being... well, very Anne. I got really luck with the Azone in that she popped up at an affordable price (in comparison to a lot of what she usually goes for.) I really love the look of the Pullip as well but... yeaaaah.

And, oh gosh, that Takara Liccarize is the most utterly perfect Anne. She even looks a little bit like the girl who plays the famous red-head in Anne With An E. This hobby, man, this is hobby is hard. 

(12-15-2019, 01:28 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She's cute, werepuppy.  Is the book the original or abridged?  Have you read many of the spin-offs, sequels, etc.?

The book is original, and I have read the sequels, yeah. I've also seen a few of the adaptations - including the movies from 1935 and 1940. I think the Megan Fellows films will always stand out in my mind as bein the best Anne adaptation though that's probably from nostalgia moe than anything.

(12-15-2019, 06:14 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: He’s really enjoying his variety of tea there!

It was a cold day and the tea helped a lot! 

(12-15-2019, 06:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Anne Shirley is one of my favourite book characters ever!  And your version is cute, and I also really want the Pullip - but like you, not at that price sad

She is a fantastic character. And yeah, the Pullip has sky-rocketed in price >< 

- - - 

352: Cuteness
[Image: 63641733_e97cdfc9bb506374ba361bce1befbd5e_standard.jpg]
Vel decided to cuddle up with Flaps.
Awww Heart

They look so warm and comfy and overall content!
So cute & cozy.
Movie tickets? Theatre tickets? Or... tags that have not been removed?