Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
That's a cute Barbie. I like her outfit; or, at least, the top and camo skirt. The little plastic shoes could be better.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Sid Vicious and Motley Crue? I seem to have missed something in your previous photos...
The collection of witches is great - the IttyBitties are very cute. We have a small collection of random characters in IttyBitty form (off the top of my head: Anna & Elsa from Frozen - originally bouthgt for one of the nieces for a gift, but she got them from another person so I kept them - Rey & Princess Leia, Captain America, and Superman/Clarke Kent - he's reversable, one face/suit on either side)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(02-08-2019, 04:00 AM)davidd Wrote: That's a cute Barbie. I like her outfit; or, at least, the top and camo skirt. The little plastic shoes could be better.

The outfit is going to be worked on; I have an idea of what she'll wear, I just need to get off my bum and make it. Need to get my paper patterns out again, lol. (Shoes might stay if only because I don't really have many shoes for flat feet. Sigh.)

(02-08-2019, 04:52 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Sid Vicious and Motley Crue? I seem to have missed something in your previous photos...

Motley Crue appeared in one of the 'Life in the Room' segments. She's an Andrassy Ave J-Doll. Her backstory is one of being a fan-created character for the musical We Will Rock You; she's one of the group of rebels known as Bohemians who, on leaving society behind, tend to pick a new name that are often bands or musicians from ages past. Motley Crue was the character I created, and Sid Vicious was created by one of my oldest friends. We'd been saying for years it would be nice to have physical versions of them, and now I do, LOL.

(02-08-2019, 01:56 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The collection of witches is great - the IttyBitties are very cute. We have a small collection of random characters in IttyBitty form (off the top of my head: Anna & Elsa from Frozen - originally bouthgt for one of the nieces for a gift, but she got them from another person so I kept them - Rey & Princess Leia, Captain America, and Superman/Clarke Kent - he's reversable, one face/suit on either side)

Ooh, that's a nice little collection - and I didn't know the Superman one was reversible!

- - -

Sorry I didn't get a photo up yesterday, guys. It turned into a bit of a day for me and nothing seemed to be going all that right. But anyway, it means you get two photos today!

39. Books, Beautiful Books
[Image: 48975093_e818809bd1307fe542ff9778d5ee8773_standard.jpg]
Three magic land books, and their stars.

40. BeGoths: Scorpio Vixen]
[Image: 51434793_afdfd9b5232530eb6e66408dc7ad5875_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 9th Feb 2019
So Scorpio here was a really random win on eBay that I didn't actually think would happen for me? She's one of the ones that, when she shows up, is usually a bit more than I want to pay but this time well within the limits I was willing to go to.
I really like her colours and there's something endearing in her expression.
Face needs a bit of a clean, so I'll need to get on that.
(02-09-2019, 08:58 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Motley Crue appeared in one of the 'Life in the Room' segments. She's an Andrassy Ave J-Doll. Her backstory is one of being a fan-created character for the musical We Will Rock You; she's one of the group of rebels known as Bohemians who, on leaving society behind, tend to pick a new name that are often bands or musicians from ages past. Motley Crue was the character I created, and Sid Vicious was created by one of my oldest friends. We'd been saying for years it would be nice to have physical versions of them, and now I do, LOL.

I see! I thought it was about heavy metal band Mötley Crüe and Sex Pistols' bassist (who died two years before Mötley Crüe was formed)...

I absolutely love the idea of having dolls of characters from fav books!

And BeGoths are so charming! If they had better articulation, I'd go hunting for them.
Congratulations on the "within budget" Scorpio win!

I'm curious: do you find books to go with your dolls, or dolls to go with your books? It's a chicken-and-egg question; which comes first?

I hope "real life" is getting back into alignment for you.
(02-10-2019, 02:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I see! I thought it was about heavy metal band Mötley Crüe and Sex Pistols' bassist (who died teo years before Mötley Crüe was formed)...

I absolutely love the idea of having dolls of characters from fav books!

And BeGoths are so charming! If they had better articulation, I'd go hunting for them.

Well, those are who the names came from, it's just in their universe they took them from posters or magazines. It's set in the future, and real music has long since been banned so by taking the name of old bands/artists, it helps set them aside as rebels to the society. ...Look, it's a musical based around the music of Queen, and written by one of the UK's top comedic writers of the early millennium, it's a bit daft but fun.

Having dolls that are my fave characters from books was genuinely not something I intended to start being a trend in my collection but... it is happening.

BeGoths are honestly the only dolls in which I let the articulation fly. I get them because I like the look of them, not for any other reason. At some point in this ADAD challenge, I should show off my collection and maybe explain the little doll-verse canons I have for each of them...

(02-10-2019, 02:31 AM)davidd Wrote: Congratulations on the "within budget" Scorpio win!

I'm curious: do you find books to go with your dolls, or dolls to go with your books? It's a chicken-and-egg question; which comes first?

I hope "real life" is getting back into alignment for you.

Thank you! It's always nice when a win falls into the budget.

Books come first, dolls are usually an accidental find later on. Except Mildred, who is a custom I went out and made myself to fulfill the wish of the child me from time ago Tongue

Eh, it's getting somewhere.
I’m getting some very cool prompts for my own pics this week.

Love the fancy books with their character counterparts (love the fancy books regardless LOL )

Nice to find/win a doll that you’ve been looking for within budget.
Are BeGoth different to Living Dead Doll - she looks like she has smaller proportions, but that could just be the way the photo is.

That’s really cool you have elaborate back stories for some of your characters.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(02-10-2019, 09:04 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’m getting some very cool prompts for my own pics this week.

Love the fancy books with their character counterparts (love the fancy books regardless LOL )

Nice to find/win a doll that you’ve been looking for within budget.
Are BeGoth different to Living Dead Doll - she looks like she has smaller proportions, but that could just be the way the photo is.

That’s really cool you have elaborate back stories for some of your characters.

Glad you're finding great prompts.

Yeah, I'm so pleased with the books, they're just really lovely editions.

BeGoths are about a similar size to Barbie - their bodies are like the old style Barbie actually, with the larger bust and narrow waist. Though weirdly I think the BeGoths show a bit better how the original body design was basically always meant to be clothed. They are different to Living Dead Dolls - BeGoths were always more about showing Gothic fashions than the various takes on horror of LDDs (I don't actually own any LDDs... Hm...)

I spend a lot of time coming up with backstories, but in the case of Sid and Mot, they were created to sort of be self inserts into a musical that my friend and I first met through. So backstory was there, lol.

- - -

41. A Big Cup of Tea...
[Image: 49851989_aad62e052e4f091732da50cfb046fa27_standard.jpg]
...For a Small, Little Bear.
Paddington joined me for a cup of tea. He would have liked a sticky bun, but they were all out.
(This is the Steiff plush Paddington Bear that was released around the time of the first movie coming out. He was a birthday present from my parents, as I... really love Paddington Bear. Side note, if you haven't seen those movies, do. They're adorable and very loyal to the spirit of Paddington. Also there's a great cameo from the late Michael Bond in the first one - he's the gentleman who raises a glass of wine in toast to Paddington as he passes by in the black cab)
Teatime with a teddy, what a swell idea!
It appears you are looking after this bear quite nicely.
(02-11-2019, 03:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Teatime with a teddy, what a swell idea!

One day - maybe this summer with any luck - I shall take a teddy bears' picnic picture! I've got a good collection of bears to make the photo look bright and colourful. Just need to get a little tea-set, really...

(02-11-2019, 04:25 AM)davidd Wrote: It appears you are looking after this bear quite nicely.

Well, the tag did ask so politely...
Awwww, Paddington! Such a cutie!

I love those little Disney dolls with the books too!
Lejays has a Paddington. I think I gave him to her for an anniversary.
(02-11-2019, 01:27 PM)GreysPrincess Wrote: Awwww, Paddington! Such a cutie!

I love those little Disney dolls with the books too!

Paddington is just one of those adorable bears that cannot help but make you smile. The Disney dolls are porcelain and jointed but... maybe don't try to pose 'cause the porcelain squeaks. But there was a wide variety of characters including those who don't usually get made into dolls so it was a cool series.

(02-11-2019, 03:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: Lejays has a Paddington. I think I gave him to her for an anniversary.

Aw, that's a lovely gift to give on an anniversary!

- - -

42. You're Gonna Be Popular!
[Image: 48975115_b120198605bbc8fd652496acaa12113f_standard.jpg]
Glinda has decided to take on Elphaba as her new project.
(Ah this is an old one. Taken on the day I realised that Casta would make an excellent Elphaba with no alteration. Of course, this was before Mattel released their Elphaba doll for Wicked's anniversary. While I like the look of the doll, the price point makes me side-eye them a bit. Anyway, I like my custom Elphie. I don't have Glinda anymore, but I may try to make a new one. Getting a blonde doll is easy enough done.)