Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Doll and a crossbow? What could possibly go wrong? Wednesday doesn’t have a kitty, does she?
(02-25-2019, 07:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Finally back and starting to catch up on everyone's photos. It's been interesting seeing more of your collection. I think my favourite is Paddington! And the Dumpling dolls are cute too.

Paddington is always adorable! Though you end up going through rather a lot of marmalade to keep him happy... Thank you!

(02-25-2019, 10:29 AM)Elfy Wrote: Doll and a crossbow? What could possibly go wrong? Wednesday doesn’t have a kitty, does she?

Well, not anymore...

- - -

56. Susan Sto Helit
[Image: 48976830_ba9ccd43fd5a9db47a2fa3adf7a26608_standard.jpg]
A gift from my parents. A Monster High doll customised to look like Susan Sto Helit, from the Discworld novels. One of my all time favourite characters ever!
[Image: t4725.gif][Image: t4725.gif][Image: t4725.gif]

I love her! I hope we'll get to see more of her during this challenge!
Your parents bought you a customized Monster High doll? How cool is that!

I second the call for more pictures, please!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(02-26-2019, 02:40 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [Image: t4725.gif][Image: t4725.gif][Image: t4725.gif]

I love her! I hope we'll get to see more of her during this challenge!

I have at least one more photo with her in it at the moment, I think I will take more. She's one of those lovely ones I don't do enough with...

(02-26-2019, 02:52 AM)davidd Wrote: Your parents bought you a customized Monster High doll? How cool is that!

I second the call for more pictures, please!

They've bought me two customs before, Susan here and one more who will appear at... some point in this challenge. And yes, more will appear!
Anything Pratchett is always welcome.
(02-26-2019, 03:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: Anything Pratchett is always welcome.

I fully agree with this and try to include it in all aspects of my life. Are you looking forward to the Amazon Prime Good Omens mini-series?

- - -

57. Helena's New Look
[Image: 52048582_8aa502de4c475d19738cd5e82b513594_standard.jpg]
So, we've settled on the blonde wig for Helena, and she's made it clear she's much more into dresses than the steampunk vibes I was initially thinking for her. I'll need to pick her up some nice dress shoes, and cobble together some dresses. Maybe find her a dressy coat, too. Will need to think on this.

She seems a lot happier now, at least, which I'm glad of.
Isn't it funny how dolls interfere with our plans and boss us around, eventhough they're supposedly inanimate pieces of plastic?
She looks very nice in that outfit and wig. Funny how some looks just suit (or not) some dolls.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I'm a little behind, but Wednesday with a crossbow is pretty awesome!
We are looking forward to Good Omens, if we get it here. We’ve enjoyed the TV versions of Discworld thus far.
The custom of Susan is so cool - how great of your parents to get her for you.

We’ve had a couple of dolls that have decided opinions on their characters often at complete opposite to what I thought they would be.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(02-27-2019, 01:06 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Isn't it funny how dolls interfere with our plans and boss us around, eventhough they're supposedly inanimate pieces of plastic?

It really is. (Though part of me still thinks in Toy Story terms and would like to think my dolls have a great personal life when I'm not around. It's a fun image, really...)

(02-27-2019, 12:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks very nice in that outfit and wig. Funny how some looks just suit (or not) some dolls.

Honestly, blonde would not have been my choice for her, and yet it just... works. It is a funny thing, but a nice one too.

(02-27-2019, 01:06 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I'm a little behind, but Wednesday with a crossbow is pretty awesome!

Thank you! It took a while to get her posed well, she likes tipping over unless her feet are in the exactly right places to carry her weight and the weight of the crossbow

(02-27-2019, 03:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: We are looking forward to Good Omens, if we get it here. We’ve enjoyed the TV versions of Discworld thus far.

I believe Prime will be doing worldwide streaming. I hope they are, if I have to wait half a year for the BBC broadcast, I will not be pleased. Oh, I liked those too - Hogfather is my favourite.

(02-27-2019, 08:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The custom of Susan is so cool - how great of your parents to get her for you.

We’ve had a couple of dolls that have decided opinions on their characters often at complete opposite to what I thought they would be.

I really was so pleased when they gave her to me. It was nice that they thought to combine my interests in that way.

I really think it's interesting how the dolls sort of end up dictating to us, rather than the other way around. I know the idea is a good character writes themselves, but I still think it's fascinating when it happens.

- - -

58. A New Top for Olivia
[Image: 52078057_e0d5961614091f1d3e17adb48cba5e4c_standard.jpg]
I was up early this morning for the people coming to fix the boiler. While I waited on them, I decided I would work on making something. That something became this top for Olivia.

The raw edges at the neck and arms are deliberate choices, and the fabric doesn't really fray so we should be good for a while. It came, believe it or not, from a pair of pyjamas that were going to be flung out. I washed them up and used the fabric. Always good to get the use out of something.
That pattern is really cute! She looks like she really likes it!
Cute fabric. Great that you could save some of the old pajamas. I should do that with a worn-out set that's too cute to throw out.

(02-27-2019, 09:43 PM)werepuppy Wrote: It really is. (Though part of me still thinks in Toy Story terms and would like to think my dolls have a great personal life when I'm not around. It's a fun image, really...)
This would make the world a much more fun place. Even if we didn't get to see it.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]