Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(03-20-2019, 03:44 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I know I've already seen these figures, but I have no idea about their characters... Again.

I believe that is Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Spike, her boyfriend / antagonist, from the late-1990s/early 2000s TV series.

(I hadda look up the exact years. OMG, did Buffy actually happen a quarter of a century ago?)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Minnie is cute. Like davidd, I am shocked that Buffy was "that long ago". Oh My I never watched it but remember hearing about it.

(03-19-2019, 05:54 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I would really recommend seeing Black Panther. It's probably one of the best superhero movies ever made,
Really. Wow, I will look for it when it comes out on DVD & is available through the library (no movie theatre here).
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Buffy is close to that long ago. I think it debuted in 1997. The reboot will be interesting.
Been a crazy kinda day today...

79. Golden Trio
[Image: 48977195_b4b18a5627dd9fd63ac45c23cbf81500_standard.jpg]
The Three Musketeers ride again!

I would be trying those cloaks on all of my 1:6 scale figures, because they look awesome.
They seem to be quite amused by something we can't see...
Possibly they’re laughing at Neville attempting to ride a broom.
I’m seriously considering getting some of these, purely for the outfits so I can dress the Pullip family in them.
(Particularly the McGonagall one - love the green velvet)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I’ve considered getting those periodically. They are lovely dolls and I do love the series...
(03-21-2019, 06:29 AM)davidd Wrote: The Three Musketeers ride again!

I would be trying those cloaks on all of my 1:6 scale figures, because they look awesome.

They're about 10" those three, so the cloaks work well on ones their own height - a bit taller and they can seem a bit too short. 

(03-21-2019, 07:33 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: They seem to be quite amused by something we can't see...

(03-21-2019, 04:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: Possibly they’re laughing at Neville attempting to ride a broom.

That would be awful of them. But then again, they're '90's British school kids so it's also very likely that's exactly what they're doing.

(03-21-2019, 06:23 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’m seriously considering getting some of these, purely for the outfits so I can dress the Pullip family in them.
(Particularly the McGonagall one - love the green velvet)

I really do want the McGonagall one, my main aim was just getting the Golden Trio in before I did anything else. 

(03-21-2019, 10:42 PM)CSahawneh Wrote: I’ve considered getting those periodically.  They are lovely dolls and I do love the series...

Considering current QC from Mattel, these are actually quite decent for the price point. Good articulation and while the jumpers and shirts and printed together, it looks very nice and doesn't bulk up the figure too much. An added bonus would need to be each character does have their own wand design - no two are the same. 

- - - 

80. The Doctor Family
[Image: 48977378_76e077205eb542a4698dd0d32cf6ff77_standard.jpg]
Eleven, Thirteen, and Ten got a family portrait done. Ten and Eleven are very proud of their future self - she'll do well. 

(Yeah I know Eleven has a mark on his face. I don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it.)
Is there some rule regulating the Doctor's hairstyle? Parting on the left, side-swept bangs...
This photo had me wondering whether Ten wore the same shoes as Five. Some reading revealed that there was a cross-over episode featuring Ten and Five!!!!!

And... how "meta" is this... Ten actor David Tennant is actually married to Five actor Peter Davison's daughter, Georgia!

I don't know if the "Time Crash" stand-alone episode ever aired in the States.
(03-22-2019, 02:49 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Is there some rule regulating the Doctor's hairstyle? Parting on the left, side-swept bangs...

I want to laugh and say no, but given this is a BBC property we're speaking of... It's very entirely likely there is.

(03-22-2019, 04:54 AM)davidd Wrote: This photo had me wondering whether Ten wore the same shoes as Five. Some reading revealed that there was a cross-over episode featuring Ten and Five!!!!!

And... how "meta" is this... Ten actor David Tennant is actually married to Five actor Peter Davison's daughter, Georgia!

I don't know if the "Time Crash" stand-alone episode ever aired in the States.

Even more meta for you: Georgia Moffat played the title character of the episode 'The Doctor's Daughter' which had her starring opposite David Tennant's Doctor. 

[/hums I'm My Own Grandpa]

If it helps at all, I believe it's on the official Doctor Who Youtube channel.
(03-22-2019, 05:35 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Even more meta for you: Georgia Moffat played the title character of the episode 'The Doctor's Daughter' which had her starring opposite David Tennant's Doctor. 

[/hums I'm My Own Grandpa]

If it helps at all, I believe it's on the official Doctor Who Youtube channel.

I did not know that about Georgia Moffat! That's very timey-wimey indeed!

The episode is on the official YouTube channel, but is not available for viewing in the U.S.
There's an official Youtube channel? Of course there is.
Maybe I could catch up on all the episodes I missed when it stopped being on any channel we can get here.
Anyway, a couple of nice trios you have there.
And Mr Clean Magic Eraser is supposed to help a lot with marks on dolls. I've used it for minor marks but nothing too big or dark.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]