Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Kewlness! Is the figure the right scale to interact with Finn, Rey, and Kylo-Ben?

And with Doctor Who? Repartee between Han Solo and Thirteen would have the potential to be highly entertaining.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Huzzah!!! For once, I actually know who he is!
How fun to find a cool older figure at the con. No such things near me. I bet you were pleased.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(03-31-2019, 02:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Kewlness! Is the figure the right scale to interact with Finn, Rey, and Kylo-Ben?

And with Doctor Who? Repartee between Han Solo and Thirteen would have the potential to be highly entertaining.

He is 1/6 scale, yeah. I think I have had him cameo in the Room verse before now... I genuinely cannot recall. But he has yet to meet any of the Doctors. Something which I will need to rectify, clearly. 

(03-31-2019, 04:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Huzzah!!! For once, I actually know who he is!

Yay for knowing! 

(03-31-2019, 11:00 AM)Alliecat Wrote: How fun to find a cool older figure at the con.  No such things near me.  I bet you were pleased.

I was very pleased, especially considering he had his full outfit with him. You usually have to hunt a bit at the cons to try to find good things in among the other stuff. Not that the other stuff is not good, but ... personal scale of good. 

- - - 

90. Shibajuku Girls: Yoko
[Image: 53183488_2649f38865d05999c10b70077197d643_standard.jpg]
Gotten for me in a sale. Yoko was pretty much the only one of these dolls I consistently looked at - I mean, I did like the others, but Yoko got me to look again. 

Her hair is thinner than I had thought it would be, but not too terrible. I like the black and white of it, and once I pulled her hat down a bit it looked nice. Need to find her a black t-shirt, really. Would fit better with what she prefers to wear. I think I have a grey one somewhere...

For the sale price? Definitely worth it.
She needs stripey socks to go with the nifty striped skull dress.

Uhm, speaking of that skull... or skullette... logo on the dress: Monster High derivative muchly? ("Derivative" in this case being employed euphemistically for "blatant rip-off.")

Has the Shibajuku line been discontinued?

Oh well, despite her derivative-ness on multiple levels from multiple sources, she is a cute li'l thing.
We have that outfit! They have the best clothes.
Squee! Shibajuku Girls! I wanted to get a few, but didn't for usual reasons. I love her outfit!
(04-01-2019, 03:10 AM)davidd Wrote: She needs stripey socks to go with the nifty striped skull dress.

Uhm, speaking of that skull... or skullette... logo on the dress: Monster High derivative muchly? ("Derivative" in this case being employed euphemistically for "blatant rip-off.")

Has the Shibajuku line been discontinued?

Oh well, despite her derivative-ness on multiple levels from multiple sources, she is a cute li'l thing.

Her socks have bats on them which, while not as cool as stripey socks, is still pretty dang cool all things considered. Also I think "derivative" may be the best word to apply to Shibajuku Girls as a whole, for obvious reasons. Not necessarily a bad thing but, still... In the case of the dress, I have to admit that I have seen very similar things in human-size for sale in my local alternative clothing stores before and after Monster High, so it just seems to be a staple of goth/punk/alternative wardrobes rather than riffing on another line. 

I believe the line has been discontinued: she was found at a discount chain in the UK, and had been put on sale there so... That's pretty much a sign of a doll line that is not getting made anymore. She is very cute, I have to agree. I do like her grey eyes. 

(04-01-2019, 03:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: We have that outfit! They have the best clothes.

I wish some of the Shibajuku clothing packs had also been available - some of their outfits were very cool looking from what a google search can show me. 

(04-01-2019, 08:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Squee! Shibajuku Girls! I wanted to get a few, but didn't for usual reasons. I love her outfit!

Ah, the usual reasons. I really wish they did not exist. I am happy to have Yoko, she's a sweet lil' thing. 

- - - 

91. Favoured Plushie
[Image: 53213659_538ee3071965dafde27872e9782b780d_standard.jpg]
Wednesday pinched my Loki plushie, but she looks so cute with him, it's really hard to argue against her having it...

The Loki plushie is from the Funko Hero Plushies line. Here's the picture in colour:
[Image: 53213654_97c8cf3f6226a72a1a7470053f85de3f_standard.jpg]
So now Big Wednesday has a Loki of her own!
Interesting plushie. She looks quite happy with it. Yoko's cute. I've seen that little skull thingie all over and never knew it was from Monster High...?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
My brain got kinda stuck at processing the idea of Loki plushie  LOL LOL LOL

Always great to see Wednesday!
I didn't know that Funko made plushies (which shows just how educational these threads are!). Wednesday looks so content with Loki in her grasp.
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
I am amused by cuddly Loki.
Wednesday and Loki should get along very well together.
A plushie Loki, the epitome of cuteness, I think.

The Shibajuku line was nice, I liked that their clothes were a bit more interesting that the usual Barbie clothes.
One of my favourite pieces is the “leather” jacket. Kit has taken it for her own, it goes nicely with her 50’s look.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)