Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
I hope the encouragement (aka "enabling") you offered your young cousin will have the intended effect, and that she will eventually become a crazed doll fanatic like the rest of us, and perhaps even join us on the forum some day.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That's such a cute way to bond over a cute doll! And a seal of approval to expanding dolly fanatics ranks!
That's a cute story, and it was very kind of you to give your little cousin the doll. Yay for dolly enabling. Hope she continues to enjoy them.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
A little late but Cats was my first production I ever seen in person! Did you name Victoria after the character? She's so small and cute.
I like Olivia, especially her flower petal dress.
(05-05-2019, 10:54 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: That’s a lovely story about the 2 Olivia’s.  You are very kind cousin to give her your doll.  (She’s gorgeous, I’m not surprised your cousin wanted her too).

I’m trying to remember if I’ve seen Cats live - I remember a lot of the songs, but the visuals are “too close” to be from the seats I could have afforded at the time, so I think not.
She certainly looks like she’s going to autidion for the next production though.

Well, she was only a kid at the time. If it hadn't been relatively easy to get hold of another version, it may not have happened. 
Heh, I think Victoria would like being on the stage, treading the boards!

(05-06-2019, 12:44 AM)davidd Wrote: I hope the encouragement (aka "enabling") you offered your young cousin will have the intended effect, and that she will eventually become a crazed doll fanatic like the rest of us, and perhaps even join us on the forum some day.

I haven't seen her in a while, so I have no idea if she's still into dolls. I hope she still has a liking, another young cousin recently decided she was 'too old' for all of hers because nearly every other girl in her class has decided they're too old for toys. She's not even 10 yet. 

(05-06-2019, 07:20 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's such a cute way to bond over a cute doll! And a seal of approval to expanding dolly fanatics ranks!

She also really liked Monster High at the time. She thought BeGoths were somehow connected. I mean... I guess you could say they're almost an older cousin Tongue

(05-06-2019, 10:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: That's a cute story, and it was very kind of you to give your little cousin the doll.  Yay for dolly enabling.  Hope she continues to enjoy them.

I genuinely have no idea if she does or not. I can be hopeful, though.

(05-06-2019, 01:15 PM)Goblin Wrote: A little late but Cats was my first production I ever seen in person! Did you name Victoria after the character? She's so small and cute.

To me, discussion on a musical is never late! I did actually get the name from the character! Her look very much reminded me of her, and having seen the show, I am tempted to try - somehow - to make some Cats customs. Ideally Mistoffelees and Tugger. I'm thinking Catwalk Kitties heads on MH bodies might do the trick. Mistoffelees might be more in fitting with the description in the song than the stage look though...

(05-06-2019, 04:18 PM)Elfy Wrote: I like Olivia, especially her flower petal dress.

Thank you! The great thing about BeGoths is the material used is all great quality. The dress is a jersey and it sits really well. (Also a proper zip closing, no Velcro here.)

- - - 

126. Abcynthia Chaser
[Image: 49055055_49f7c307a814acb866412876f592082e_standard.jpg]
From series 2. At the time, she was  first eBay win in a really long time, and just another one of those ones I find stunning. Well, actually, all the ones in my collection are the ones I find most visually pleasing from this line. I've got to hunt these down, I might as well spend my time hunting down the ones I like the look of. In my doll-canon, Abcynthia is a very wise young lady, and often counsels the others on their problems. She's trust-worthy, and a steady person to turn to. She also likes spiders.
The spiderweb on her face makes me think of Operetta from MH. Operetta had a device on her face and a pet spider.
Oooh, this one is spooky! Very cool dress she's wearing!
I totally love this one! Her make-up is gorgeous.
(05-06-2019, 10:07 PM)Elfy Wrote: The spiderweb on her face makes me think of Operetta from MH. Operetta had a device on her face and a pet spider.

I remember! I never thought of that connection before, but it's going to come to mind a lot now. 

(05-07-2019, 01:51 AM)davidd Wrote: Oooh, this one is spooky! Very cool dress she's wearing!

I like her spooky appearance is what contributed to her - in my doll-canon - having a very open and friendly personality. The dress is two layers, largely because the top layer is very sheer. 

(05-07-2019, 06:40 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I totally love this one! Her make-up is gorgeous.

It really is, and very striking: you can't say it doesn't stick in the mind. 

- - - 

127. Detective Pikachu
[Image: 54565091_b60e8647ef745521d8a37dc96f546484_standard.jpg]
Dad brought him home from the shops. I have no real excuse here beyond going look at how gosh darn cute he is! He's also ridiculously soft. Like softer than the Build-a-Bear Pokemon. Adore it.
Pika pika, my dear Watson!
There's a movie, right? Did your dad sneak off to see it on his own?   LOL
He's really cute. Now that I've seen a trailer, the live action character looks a bit less weird than I thought from a photo I saw somewhere else, but I wonder if the movie would make any sense at all to someone who has no clue about Pokemon.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
He looks like the one on the ad for the show. Are you going to see the film, too?
(05-08-2019, 12:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Pika pika, my dear Watson!

So very perfect! Though... Sherlock Holmes never actually said "Elementary, my dear Watson" in the books. The phrase first was used by P.G Wodehouse in the Psmith Journalist in 1915. It then went on to be used in Holmes related media. 

(05-08-2019, 03:02 AM)davidd Wrote: There's a movie, right? Did your dad sneak off to see it on his own?   LOL

There is a movie, yes! It's not due out here till this Friday, though. I think this was just because he knew I've been looking for a Pikachu for my Pokémon plush pile, and I wasn't entirely sold on the Build-a-Bear version. This little guy is far softer at any rate, and there's much more ex.pression in his face. 

(05-08-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: He's really cute.  Now that I've seen a trailer, the live action character looks a bit less weird than I thought from a photo I saw somewhere else, but I wonder if the movie would make any sense at all to someone who has no clue about Pokemon.

Yeah, I will admit my first view of the live action Pokémon did make me hesitant but the designs have grown on me, and I find many of them very appealing - Bulbasaur in particular is just so adorable. That's... actually a good question. I think that it would probably be a bit confusing, but not so much as to render the movie un-enjoyable? I would hope so, anyway. 

(05-08-2019, 04:55 PM)Elfy Wrote: He looks like the one on the ad for the show. Are you going to see the film, too?

He is a surprisingly good replication of the live action design. I am going to see it, actually! I'm quite looking forward to it, feels like it'll be a very enjoyable thing to sit and watch. 

- - - 

128. Angelina Blasphemina
[Image: 49055070_a5ec4d9e8c2b905dfc2462bde36fdb64_standard.jpg]
From series 2. Another eBay win, I actually managed to get her still new in box for a ridiculously low price. However, I do not have the space to keep boxes, I really don't. That and the plastic of the box had yellowed quite a lot, so it wasn't very nice to look at. She strikes me as a very tech-loving girl, and I love her bar-code tattoo, though realistically I can't say I'd ever want one under my eye. Youch.